Bentleyville
✟14,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have just received news that my mother in law has end stage decompensated liver cirrhosis a couple of days ago. I hate that alcohol is so socially accepted it is no different to me than any other drug except for the process of misery seems much more drawn out. Please pray for us. He’s going through a lot of different emotions and I am doing my best to be a mom, wife, and more.

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We have just received news that my mother in law has end stage decompensated liver cirrhosis a couple of days ago. I hate that alcohol is so socially accepted it is no different to me than any other drug except for the process of misery seems much more drawn out. Please pray for us. He’s going through a lot of different emotions and I am doing my best to be a mom, wife, and more.

Sorry to hear this. Alcoholism is a horrible thing. It runs in my family too.

Father, I pray for Melissa's mother in law. You are the miracle worker, and I believe for complete healing to the end. Even if this isn't the case though, I pray that you strengthen and comfort both her mother in law, Melissa, her husband, and the rest of her family. Thank You for Your love despite any choices we make in life. I pray for those who are effected by alcoholism to be delivered in Jesus Name. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0

Melissa&hergrrls

Sep 25, 2021
Bentleyville
✟14,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to hear this. Alcoholism is a horrible thing. It runs in my family too.

Father, I pray for Melissa's mother in law. You are the miracle worker, and I believe for complete healing to the end. Even if this isn't the case though, I pray that you strengthen and comfort both her mother in law, Melissa, her husband, and the rest of her family. Thank You for Your love despite any choices we make in life. I pray for those who are effected by alcoholism to be delivered in Jesus Name. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Thank you so much for this beautiful prayer. It’s so terrible how alcohol can take the sweetest person and turn them into a complete stranger. I feel so bad for her but then I am disappointed for the fact is she is only 51 and has so much she missed out on and will miss out on because of the drink. So terrible to watch and not be able to help really.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟268,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
I pray that if it's in God's will, God would perform a miracle to heal your mother-in-law. But if God doesn't, I pray that He would be especially present with your mother-in-law and give her comfort and reassurance. I pray that God would help you to deal with this tragic event and to be supportive to your husband.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much for this beautiful prayer. It’s so terrible how alcohol can take the sweetest person and turn them into a complete stranger. I feel so bad for her but then I am disappointed for the fact is she is only 51 and has so much she missed out on and will miss out on because of the drink. So terrible to watch and not be able to help really.

My dad is an alcoholic. It really is hard to see him destroying his life. I am grateful that my sister overcame alcoholism. So I appreciate prayers for my dad too.

Upvote 0

riesie

Jun 22, 2015
The Netherlands
✟68,626.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

What horrible news Melissa! I think alcohol is a hard drug and a silent killer! Personally I fought it for years and years. Horrible addiction especialy in combination with the social/cultural view on it Indeed. In my case I won in Jesus name alone. If it wasn't for Him I was long gone. Of course I pray for you all. Take care, stay strong, and believe. I'm so sorry for you. May God bless you in Jesus name.

Upvote 0