Baton Rouge
✟15,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My friend that I have known for 11 years is about to cheat on her husband with another married man while her husband and two young boys are at the beach. I have tried to talk to her about not only the spiritual consequences but the world consequences she will have to deal with after. It will not only negatively affect her husband, two sons, and the rest of her family, but when her husband divorces her and her family no longer will support her, she will have no money no home, and nowhere to go. I do not want this for her and I have been praying by myself on this matter over the past few days but I'm now begging anybody that's willing to listen and read this to offer up their prayers for my friend Jules. I'm at the end of my rope and I'm desperate to find it more prayers for my friend. She has no idea how important she is to me and I don't want anything to happen to her :(

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Robslaybaugh, I'm praying for your friend Jules to make a better choice .. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5. Question, does Jules claim to be a Christian?

Thanks!

God bless you!!

--David
p.s. - and as @tturt just said, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

Upvote 0

Robslaybaugh

Jun 12, 2021
Baton Rouge
✟15,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@St Worm, she was raised Catholic and her parents are devout Catholics, her husband is also a devout Catholic and her husband's father is a preacher or pastor. Often times when I will talk to her she will say God willing, or I pray for it to be so. And she's constantly praying for things to improve between her and her husband, so I don't know what came over her or what happened that would cause her to make this sudden shift in her behavior. And when I tried to discuss this with her, she didn't want to hear any of it :( I'm genuinely at a loss. She means a great deal to me and it hurts my heart terribly that this is happening

• Informative
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
...she's constantly praying for things to improve between her and her husband, so I don't know what came over her or what happened that would cause her to make this sudden shift in her behavior.
Perhaps she is trying to get her husband to notice her again? (and she will certainly achieve that end if she does what you've said she is proposing to do :().

We are to be our "brother's keeper" as Christians, but you've already done all that you can/should do (told her what you think/helped her to consider why she should choose a different option), and you are continuing to do what you can (by praying for her/putting all of this into Lord's hands).

God bless you :)

--David

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry this has become such a problem for them. However it sounds like an intentional plan, not something that just happened, so you are doing the right thing by praying and trusting God to deal with the sin.

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0