Oct 26, 2006
Northern Centeral United States
Visit site
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My oldest daughter Brittany is getting a CT scan on Wednesday. It all started about two weeks ago when she came home from school and told me she had a headache all day long, ever since her gym class. I gave her Motrin when we got home, but she said it didn't help at all. I was a bit concerned but thought oh well, we all get headaches even kids. I made a mental note though because if it persisted I knew that could mean a problem. Well, when she woke up it was gone but it came back that night. Long story short, she had one pretty much everyday for a week and a half. So i called the doc and they ggot her in right away. Doc couldn't find anything in the exam that would cause headaches, her ears looked "perfect". So she told me to keep a diary of her symptoms for a week and call back, the next step (if we wanted to take it) would be a CT scan.

I kept a diary the rest of the week, she had a headache everyday and some new symptoms popped up too. Dizziness, neck pain, slightly upset tummy. The doc also wanted me to keep track of how the pain hurt, everyday it was pressure - with the exception of one day where the pressure was accompained by sharp pain at the back on each side of her head "like a knife is coming out of my head" she said. Also, since I called the doc on friday, she's now having trouble hearing. Andf considering I know her ears looked perfect - there's just no reason for that but it's persisting.

I'm really worried, this isn't looking good. I know it could be something small, but it could be something big too. And the doc did look worried. There are lots of things that can cause a headache (she grind her teeth at night, and has a tooth that needs pulled, and she has big tonsils which can cause sleep apnea), but I can't think of anything small that would also cause dizziness and trouble hearing.

Please, oh please, be praying for my daughter. the test is at 10am on wednesday. Please keep us in your thoughts!

Thank you so much!

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You poor thing!

:crossrc:Lord please guide the doctors in finding the cause of Brittany's headaches and help them to treat her quickly and accurately. We ask that the cause will be found not to be serious and to be easily treatable. Comfort her family so that they may know your peace.
Amen.:crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums