Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is there really a point to prayer? Does it actually change anything? Explain all those situations where people are praying against hurtful people to have God deal with them yet they continue to get away with their evil. How long does God sit on the sidelines before he actually does anything...if he ever does anything (which often times seems like he doesn't) I'm about to take things into my own hands with a situation that I am going through because my faith is running out....

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there really a point to prayer? Does it actually change anything? Explain all those situations where people are praying against hurtful people to have God deal with them yet they continue to get away with their evil. How long does God sit on the sidelines before he actually does anything...if he ever does anything (which often times seems like he doesn't) I'm about to take things into my own hands with a situation that I am going through because my faith is running out....

The purpose of prayer
is to bring you
up-to-speed.
Get your prayers answered 100% of the time:
How does a person get their prayers answered?

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
"Now...skeptics have informed me that of my thousands of prayers, I only recall the 3 answered ones. But here is the reality...I only remember the times that I totally committed the outcome to God and KNEW that my prayers were answered, well before they were answered. God mentally informed me that He had taken care of my problem. Then He took the next few minutes to show me what He had already done hours or weeks before."

I am still waiting for God to mentally inform me that he has handled the situation.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello DeeDee, Fist we don't pray to bend God's arm into doing what we want. We pray to conform to His will for us.
There is much power in prayer but one must realize that God's time table is very different than ours and He may in fact be answering your prayer right now?
I cannot say for sure, but perhaps the prayer has been answered and the answer is just one that you do want to accept? In which case you need to talk to God about why this is unacceptable and perhaps you will find your answer.
Bless you friend.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello DeeDee, Fist we don't pray to bend God's arm into doing what we want. We pray to conform to His will for us.
There is much power in prayer but one must realize that God's time table is very different than ours and He may in fact be answering your prayer right now?
I cannot say for sure, but perhaps the prayer has been answered and the answer is just one that you do want to accept? In which case you need to talk to God about why this is unacceptable and perhaps you will find your answer.
Bless you friend.

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The problem is because I don't know what is happening on the end of the offended party, i don't know if the prayer has been answered or not. Therefore I don't know if this problem is truly open. God has not given me an answer in any way to confirm he did anything.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
The problem is because I don't know what is happening on the end of the offended party, i don't know if the prayer has been answered or not. Therefore I don't know if this problem is truly open. God has not given me an answer in any way to confirm he did anything.
Trust in faith and know that God is handling your problem. God knows our hearts and he doesn't need our opinion, Nor does He have to "tell" us anything, This is part of the whole trust and obey thing. :]

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Trust in faith and know that God is handling your problem. God knows our hearts and he doesn't need our opinion, Nor does He have to "tell" us anything, This is part of the whole trust and obey thing. :]

That all sounds great and I like it...... but what am I supposed to think if this issue comes up again? I will lose all my faith and trust.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Trust in Him always and always know without a shadow of a doubt that Duet 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Trust in Him always and always know without a shadow of a doubt that Duet 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

I'm really trying to get to this point to where it will resonate throughout every fiber of my being. Fear keeps getting the best of me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Paul tells us to pray constantly (1 Thess 5:17). In my walk with the Lord, he solves all my problems for me. Why would I stop praying?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Now...skeptics have informed me that of my thousands of prayers, I only recall the 3 answered ones. But here is the reality...I only remember the times that I totally committed the outcome to God and KNEW that my prayers were answered, well before they were answered. God mentally informed me that He had taken care of my problem. Then He took the next few minutes to show me what He had already done hours or weeks before."

I am still waiting for God to mentally inform me that he has handled the situation.

That will happen after you accept the correct prayer. In faith you
need to depend and the faith you will receive will be your answer.
Then you will get the answer after you have already given thanks for it.
That's been my experience, anyway. And it fits with other stories of
answered prayer I have read about.

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That will happen after you accept the correct prayer. In faith you
need to depend and the faith you will receive will be your answer.
Then you will get the answer after you have already given thanks for it.
That's been my experience, anyway. And it fits with other stories of
answered prayer I have read about.

Sounds so simple. I just have to ask God what to pray? How long until I receive his answer?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds so simple. I just have to ask God what to pray? How long until I receive his answer?
The instant you are ready to accept what He has planned
He lets you know it's done. If your not ready to let go
then He doesn't offer his assurance that He has your back.
But he still does, you just don't know it.
The timing is all about you being ready to take what He has to say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
(Some) Jews took things into their own hands too when they were "tired" of waiting on God to do "their" will and look what happened...

It's always better to conform your will to God's perfect will. It's people who think they know better than God fighting Him that makes this world horrible..

It's your choice... add to the horrible by fighting God too, or stop and learn what God's will is and do that..

Whatever you decide won't really matter, God's will, will be done regardless (He is a God after all) It's really a choice whether your coming along for the ride with God? Or going off with Self?

Self won't get you anywhere good though.. just saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I'm afraid I won't be able to differentiate what God wants me to pray as opposed to what I want to pray. How do i distinguish the difference?

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Please pray for my situation

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm afraid I won't be able to differentiate what God wants me to pray as opposed to what I want to pray. How do i distinguish the difference?

God will inform you that He already made all the
necessary provisions for your future. When you
experience the relief of knowing this, then you
feel that it's all taken care of. This is the sign
that you've prayed correctly. Then you will
experience miracles. But not till you've fully
handed it over. As long as you hang on, you
feel nothing but anxiety.

Somebody could hand you a million dollars
and you'd question their motives and not believe.

Upvote 0