Prayer thread for those who are suicidal, depressed or any mental health issues (2)

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟249,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is our refuge and our calm port in the stormy seas of life. I pray that those who are weighed down with troubles and cant see a way out will find that peace in God. Even if its a small piece or a safe harbor where you can find some rest. God didnt say he would always take away our troubles and conflicts. But he did say he would give us the strength and peace in the midst of trouble. We can come to God by laying all our burdens at the feet of Jesus.
Matthew 11:28
Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟963,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you for the brilliant replies.what hurts me most is she already had trust issues and I made those issues much worse. but not intentionally. I reminded her of some other guys she dated and she thought I was very manipulative and playing her and she called me a misogynist. it hurts that someone I care about so much and yes who was on my mind all the time, now thinnks I was being dishonest and manipulative all this time. even my immature attempt at making her feel good about herself with over the top compliments, she thinks it was mockery and manipulation.

Let Christ be first and foremost in your life, not some woman with (probably) immesurably high Fairy tale/knight in shining armor/hollywood fantasy, fairy tale ending/living/life image of what a man "should" be in "her" eyes type standards.

Christ will always be a better best friend, than any woman can be, he understands (men) "they" (women) don't... I had a woman who set the bar to high for me to reach, and for years, (over a decade) I sincerely sought to change that perspective (that was my first mistake) I saw how broken and damaged (goods) she was right off the bat and how much she hated and didn't trust men, and she was very verbally abusive.

But after seeing her perspective on men, I sought to make it my mission in life to change it (as I said that was my first mistake, never try to seek out to make it your mission to change someone else, or take them on as a project, nor seek to change who you are for someone else's benefit, since it is fake and a put-on anyway, and also you can lose yourself, trying to change who you are just to prove something to somebody else... perhaps I sought the challenge, maybe I wanted a project, but I felt (at the time) that I felt so sorry for her, that I set out to be the example of the "exceptional" man, Exception to her accusations about all men.

If she's jaded about men, and is expecting you to change or prove to her that your not like other men, and is expecting you to live up to some higher, unrealistic, fairy tale standard then my suggestion is to get rid of her and stick close to Jesus Christ and move on from her. You can't help or change what other men have done to her, and if she's going to keep beating you for it, I speak from experience, move-on, as quickly as possible, before you lose yourself or suffer damage, Christ is the ONLY ONE you have to impress, and what impresses him the most is just being ourselves, and in our knowing what that is (and not losing trying to put on fake personas for someone else's benefit) and taking comfort and solace in knowing who you are in Christ.

Why do you wish for death?

I will pray for you, in Jesus Christ's holy name,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟249,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for the brilliant replies.what hurts me most is she already had trust issues and I made those issues much worse. but not intentionally. I reminded her of some other guys she dated and she thought I was very manipulative and playing her and she called me a misogynist. it hurts that someone I care about so much and yes who was on my mind all the time, now thinnks I was being dishonest and manipulative all this time. even my immature attempt at making her feel good about herself with over the top compliments, she thinks it was mockery and manipulation.
Be happy in yourself first and learn to love yourself and then you will find what you are looking for. Let God be the potter and you the clay. Then when you are at peace in yourself and have that confidence through God leading the way you will find who you are and shine like a star. Sometimes it means letting go and letting God. Sometime what we think will make us happy is not what will ultimately give us what we are looking for. Sometimes God works through others and its good you are receiving help from those who can have some insights into what you are going through. Sometimes it feels hard to do and you dont feel like its worth it. But just one day at a time can make a difference and tomorrow is another day. God can help you through the times when you find it hard and can be that light in the darkness that lights the way and gives you hope.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DMinSoCa

Jan 1, 2013
✟15,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I need prayer please if anyone has time, I've been struggling for a couple of months now. I have experienced a major loss and I am grieving to the point where it is affecting my sleep, my health, my eating (not eating nearly as much as I should) I've been turning to the Lord with all that I have, in prayer and seeking Him in His word, but it feels like and seems like He is not there. I feel like giving up. The pain is real and very heavy. I don't know what to do and I feel like I am at my breaking point. Please pray if you have time. Thank you :)

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟249,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Praying for all those in need of help. May God be with you and give you the strength to cope. May you find that help through others and receive the right support that will help you overcome what you are going through at this time. Know that you are not alone and when all else is gone God is there for you even in the darkest moments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

billypayton

† Brother of Jesus
Site Supporter
May 15, 2010
NC
✟28,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
My Lord,
I pray to you this day, bring peace in all our hearts that the thoughts of
evil ,and the feeling there is no place or person to go to. I feel the pain
that we all go through everyday, even in myself. To all of us who has this
eager feeling to just give up, and to end it all, I beg you for your love and
appreciation you have for us. Please God, reach down into our spirits, give
us strength to over come the anger, sadness, being scared, and hopeless
thoughts we have to live this wonderful gift you have given us all.

You know the wickedness of this world can be a overwhelming presence
for us to handle, and to deal with. Lord I pray to you, in the name of our
loving Jesus Christ, Amen!

I need prayer please if anyone has time, I've been struggling for a couple of months now. I have experienced a major loss and I am grieving to the point where it is affecting my sleep, my health, my eating (not eating nearly as much as I should) I've been turning to the Lord with all that I have, in prayer and seeking Him in His word, but it feels like and seems like He is not there. I feel like giving up. The pain is real and very heavy. I don't know what to do and I feel like I am at my breaking point. Please pray if you have time. Thank you :)

Upvote 0

TomCS

justified by his blood
Oct 30, 2009
New York
✟19,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if it's accurate to say that I'm feeling suicidal. But I am hoping that the Rapture happens today; and that the Lord takes me out of the world and up to Heaven today. My unsaved therapist would call that "passive suicide ideation" but that's just psychobabble. Well, maybe the miserable life that I have is God's chastening of me; for going to a secular mental health clinic at all in the first place.....

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟249,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know if it's accurate to say that I'm feeling suicidal. But I am hoping that the Rapture happens today; and that the Lord takes me out of the world and up to Heaven today. My unsaved therapist would call that "passive suicide ideation" but that's just psychobabble. Well, maybe the miserable life that I have is God's chastening of me; for going to a secular mental health clinic at all in the first place.....

Hang in there TomCS. I will pray for you that you will have the strength to get through each day one day at a time. We can only deal with what comes today. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow hasn't come yet. If we can live just for today and get through that one and maybe achieve a little something well thats a step in the right direction. God isn't punishing you for going to a secular mental health clinic and sometimes God works through others. It all can help and you can take what you think is going to help you through each day. I will pray that things will get better and you will find some peace and happiness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Basha21

Jul 10, 2014
Virginia
✟281.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private

I'm sorry for what you're going through, Tom. I have had severe problems in that area off and on for many years. I'm struggling a little right now, but I'm keeping my eyes on the Lord and believe He is seeing me through and the liar, the deceiver will not win this time around. He sounds like a roaring lion and acts like a roaring lion, but he is impotent if we fight him with the Word of God. He will run away like a scared little dog.

You poor guy--God isn't doing this do you. He loves you T-H-I-S much and is wrapping His arms around you in love. Its the devil who is telling you that isn't so. And if other people are telling you that, they are just letting the devil use them. When you leave those people's presence, don't give their words another thought. Don't let the devil bring those things to you over and over. They have no right to judge you--Jesus said to take the telephone pole out of your own eye before you take the toothpick out of someone else's. ALL of us are strong in certain areas and struggle in other areas--don't let anyone tell you different. ALL of us have weaknesses and don't you know that God is so patient with us? Think of the ideal human mother or father. HOW MUCH MORE does He love you and I and want good things for us?

Keith Moore's Sunday service spoke to what I've gone through. He was with Brother Hagin for 18 years. Where could you get better training! It was a really good sermon. I never thought I could control all those bad thoughts I had many years ago and was struggling with this week. I didn't think I was a good person, I didn't think anyone loved me, I didn't think . . . I didn't think . . . the negative, bad, ugly thoughts just came over and over and I just didn't believe I could fight them--my emotions were too strong and I convinced myself that those thoughts were really true and all the Bible teaching, the praying, etc didn't apply to me. I just didn't think I was "enough." Well, doggone it, that's just a lie. And if its a lie for me, its a lie for you too, Praise God!

A wonderful woman of God talked to me years ago and tried to help me understand that I needed to control those thoughts. She gave me a list of scriptures about how much God loves me and how He has a good plan for my life. Its the devil who wants to knock us out in any way he possibly can. He's out there seeking whom he may devour with his deception--and he headed straight for you and I! You know, that must mean you're headed for something really special with God, otherwise the deceiver would just leave you alone. We will be victorious over this trial he's bringing against us and it will just make us stronger in the Lord! Now, that really scares the devil!

Brother Keith talked last week about the importance of casting down those thoughts/imaginations every time the devil brings them to us. (you can listen to the message at mooreministries.org. Click on "watch live service" if you get there before Sunday and click on the Sunday message. After that it will be under the "recent messages" tab). And his sermon actually scared me into taking his words very seriously this time because he surely was speaking right to me at home in my little house! He quotes part of a chapter in Brother Hagin's book on Visions.

In my own experience, satan comes with those thoughts and imaginations and I tell him he must leave me in the Name of Jesus, that what he is telling me is a lie from the pits of hell. About 1 1/2 seconds later, the thought (or a new thought) comes again, and again I tell him he must flee--the Blood of Jesus covers me. It's imperative that we continue doing it just as long as we have to. Just remind him that Jesus died on the cross for EVERYTHING you have to go through in this life and we can just kick him in the shins and he has to go. Eventually he will see how serious we are--he has to flee. I'm determined not to give him place in my life this time around.

So, choose some scriptures and write them and keep them with you and tell yourself every day how much GOOD God wants for your life. Your life, not every other Christian except you. You are special to God and if you were the only person on earth, he still would have sent Jesus to shed His blood just for you, Tom. Just for you. Isn't that amazing to think of the magnitude of that?

I went so far as to make a cassette tape years ago with those scriptures on them. I had heard that we believe our own words more than someone else's so I made my own tape. I listened to it all the time. I went to bed listening to it at night and woke up to it in the morning. I carried it in the car with me and listened to it everywhere I went. I kept the printout with me and read those scriptures over and over. I used to be very quiet and it was hard for me to speak--but its much more effective if you say these scriptures out loud--shout them if you need to! Picture the devil hearing that and he puts his hands over his ears, yelling LALALALALALA, he can't stand it! Then just laugh, and laugh and laugh and laugh. You may not feel like it, but start --laugh, laugh, laugh--make the devil mad! You may not feel like it when you begin it, but just keep doing it--your feelings will follow at some point!

Someone around here will probably get to it before I can because I'm so pressed for time this week, but I'd like to get some scriptures on here and post them for you to use. You can just copy and print them out or do the same thing I did with the tapes (or hopefully CD or smartphone now!). Start with Jeremiah 29:11-13--He has a good plan for your life, Tom! Speak it, sing it, yell it, pray it. You're not the exception to God's rule. You're a child of GOD's and greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world!

One other thing I'd suggest is to read Paul's letter to the Ephesians. See Chapter 1:16-23. Its a great prayer to pray for others, but you can also write it out for yourself like so: "I pray, God, that You give me a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the deep, intimate knowledge of You, By having the eyes of my heart flooded with light, so that I can know and understand the hope to which You have called me and how rich is Your glorious inheritance in me, TOM, a set-apart one, and so that I can know and understand what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of Your power in and for ME who believes, as demonstrated in the working of Your mighty strength . . . "

That's from the Amplified Bible, but any translation of Paul's prayers for the churches is good!

I hope I didn't overwhelm you. You don't have to do all these things. If one of them speaks to you, do it! And keep doing it until you get a "release," until you feel better, until you WANT to live and do the work of the Lord that he has especially for YOU. And if (or probably when) the devil starts doing it again, just do the exact same thing.

I know this is long, but I know God is using this to help me, because I need to hear it at least as much as you may! The Bible says to keep the Word before you--day and night and even after all these years, I have to do it over and over and over. This message to you is helping me to grow in Christ because I need it! David encouraged himself in the Lord and we can do the same thing.

Most of all, please don't kick yourself when you're already down. I'm not crazy about doctors, but many of them are Christians and are doing what they can in the natural to help us. God will and does use them to help us! I'm watching Rhema's Campmeeting this week online and Pastor Hagin talks about his recent knee surgery. Do you see him feeling guilty about it? Great man of faith, came up under his father, Brother Hagin. It is NOT, I repeat, NOT a sin to get the help we need at the time we need it. I had to do it. I know God still loves me just as much as He did before, although I admit the devil used that against me, too a long time ago.

God meets us exactly where we are. He is a good God, accept His mercy and grace because he loves you.

God doesn't chastise you by giving you physical, spiritual or mental issues. He chastises us through His WORD, and he speaks to our hearts. Get really quiet before him and really listen and hear him whispering to you how very much He loves Tom. I'll be praying for you to feel His love and be blessed by it. Don't give up, Tom--your blessing is right around the corner!

Upvote 0

G0DSCHlLD

Aug 2, 2014
✟7,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A year ago an ex prison convict paranoid schizo psycho moved in with us and tortured my mind, making me believe he or people he knows are going to kill me and my family. It doesnt help that i had problems with paranoia before this. He shortly got kicked out 2 months after moving in. Since then ive been under tremendous stress constantly fearing for our lives living every day paranoid. Please pray that god takes all of this from me and my family and gives me peace of mind and keeps us all safe. Ive stopped using drugs and cigarettes and alcohol addiction and developed a relationship with god and made so many stands and sacrifices so jesus christ will help me. Your prayers are all appreciated, if you have any prayer requests inbox me and i will pray for your troubles too. God bless.

Upvote 0

ian1978

Aug 7, 2014
stokenchurch, uk
✟7,615.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Dear lord, please give the suffering guidance through their depression and give them a sign it will get better. For you who truly knows all can help them to see , that before all gets better they must see the darkness, as you have taught me. Please help them understand they are loved by their family united through you and that we will love them and we wish them well. Amen.

Upvote 0