Prayer thread for those who are suicidal, depressed or any mental health issues (2)

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I reject and renounce God forever. He is a cruel and uncaring bully. His indifference to my suffering is despicable. He has let me suffer for 40+ years now, and He has still not delivered me - despite me repeatedly begging Him to do so. His coldness is stunning. God Himself should be condemned to hell forever.

I hate You, God, with all of my heart.
May God in His Merciful Love, bless your hurting heart with His Presence, peace, and healing.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟260,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its hard to know Tom what to say when I dont know what the problem/s are that you are facing. But sometimes it takes some practical steps to help sort something along the way. Believing in God doesn't mean not using other ways in conjunction with praying and a belief that God can help us. God can use many ways to help and sometimes there are things that may lead us to a better relationship with God that may not even seem to come from God. It doesn't matter whatever works works if it gets you to a better place. But just like the remedy may not always seem or come from God the situation you are in may not always come from God. But I dont want to say because I dont know what you are going through.

I work with many people who have different problems and all I know is if they are in need of something practical its no sense preaching to them. Take care of the problems that are there in front of them first and then we can look at all the other possibilities that God can bring. Its like a tooth ache, all you can feel is the pain and nothing else matters. So take care of the aching tooth first. God can give us the strength to face these things but getting rid of that pain may take some practical action. But to me they are all part and parcel of God working in our lives.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2013
✟65,227.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lord, please give us strength to continue through these struggles. Help us to be putting our hope in you, and I pray for your peace and healing.
"why are you downcast, O my soul? why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."Psalm 42:5

Reactions: Rebecca Sue
Upvote 0

Angelquill

Bard of Angels
Jul 20, 2014
Following a Jewish carpenter...
✟2,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
This thread was split automatically after 1000 replies and this thread has been automatically created.
The old thread automatically closed is here: "Prayer thread for those who are suicidal, depressed or any mental health issues"

Dear Father, mental illness is such a difficult thing for us to understand, and we don't know how to help. Please, we ask You to keep these people in Your heart and give us the words to say that will help and not hurt them.
In Jesus Holy Name we pray.
Amen.

Upvote 0

Rebecca Sue

A child of the King
Mar 7, 2013
Texas
✟28,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Praying for those suffering from these struggles. Lord please wrap them in your love today, ease their burdens and quiet their minds. Holy Spirit, I pray you would give wisdom and patience to those interacting with them, please help us all remember to show your love to everyone in our lives, especially those with illnesses it is hard for us to "see". God bless these precious souls struggling with suicide, depression, anxiety and any other challenges.

Upvote 0

kala83

Catholic Christian
Oct 26, 2007
Columbia MO
✟16,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
so I have had mental health issues for a while now, and I am pretty good at having a decent handle on them in most cases of things especially in the context of my jobs.

lol I have a very high work ethic of what is professional in jobs and what is not.

but lately I have been really struggling with having two jobs being able to get a hold of my therapist and make time to go in and see my therapist like I need to ...and my depression is just ripping me apart inside.

I almost ended up seeing if checking myself into a pysch ward would or would not be the best option for me and honestly.

the idea of it potentially happening is not entirely off the table as of right now.

and I am already getting phone call up the butt from both my jobs.....already today.

so I am kind of stressed a bit about how I would find time this next week to go in and see my doctor and make sure I can do..all this the way i need to. But frankly....at this point I have to do this. Going in for my jobs and doing a good job at my jobs...is an important thing I realize that.

but taking care of my self and my mental health is pressing also and i need to make sure I am doing what I need to do for myself. If I end up losing my jobs over something as dumb as saying 'hey I need to take care of my self and my health" then in my mind maybe that job was not a good place for me to be in to begin with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟260,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
so I have had mental health issues for a while now, and I am pretty good at having a decent handle on them in most cases of things especially in the context of my jobs.

lol I have a very high work ethic of what is professional in jobs and what is not.

but lately I have been really struggling with having two jobs being able to get a hold of my therapist and make time to go in and see my therapist like I need to ...and my depression is just ripping me apart inside.

I almost ended up seeing if checking myself into a pysch ward would or would not be the best option for me and honestly.

the idea of it potentially happening is not entirely off the table as of right now.

and I am already getting phone call up the butt from both my jobs.....already today.

so I am kind of stressed a bit about how I would find time this next week to go in and see my doctor and make sure I can do..all this the way i need to. But frankly....at this point I have to do this. Going in for my jobs and doing a good job at my jobs...is an important thing I realize that.

but taking care of my self and my mental health is pressing also and i need to make sure I am doing what I need to do for myself. If I end up losing my jobs over something as dumb as saying 'hey I need to take care of my self and my health" then in my mind maybe that job was not a good place for me to be in to begin with.
Maybe you can discuss this with your employer. Maybe some compromise can be worked out. You do need to take care of your health. Sometimes that help can also come in different ways and we can not see that. But talking about this is good and it allows you to see things differently. Sometimes a good friend to talk to can help as well. Dont restrict things and put to much pressure on yourself with a lack of options. Think outside the circle and maybe something can be worked out. If not then you will have to face that hurdle when and if it comes. The important thing is that God can give you the strength and peace even in times of conflict. I will pray that God will be with you and guide you through this time and give you the strength and inner peace to get through this time.

Upvote 0

Fortran

Oct 10, 2013
Rural Missouri, United States
✟12,374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Prayed for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cobber73

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
✟7,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please pray for a very close family member who has been hit really hard with addiction and has recently become extremely depressed. I worry about what the outcome of his depression may be. He is loved very much, but I feel that his addiction and loss of his job has really brought him to the lowest point in his life.
Thank you for any prayers you can say for him.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟260,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please pray for a very close family member who has been hit really hard with addiction and has recently become extremely depressed. I worry about what the outcome of his depression may be. He is loved very much, but I feel that his addiction and loss of his job has really brought him to the lowest point in his life.
Thank you for any prayers you can say for him.
I will pray for them and I have had something similar happen. Just keep praying and things will work out. They maybe close to a rock bottom where they have had enough and want to stop and find help. Give them little signs that there is a way out with options of services that can help. But dont push it just leave them around somewhere or get someone who knows about addiction to have a word. It all adds up and helps them get closer to realizing. Sometimes unfortunately you have to be strong and make them take responsibility for their behavior and actions. But believe it or not this also helps them realize even though you feel like your not showing that you love them, you really are. But prayer can overcome the impossible.

Upvote 0

cobber73

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
✟7,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I will pray for them and I have had something similar happen. Just keep praying and things will work out. They maybe close to a rock bottom where they have had enough and want to stop and find help. Give them little signs that there is a way out with options of services that can help. But dont push it just leave them around somewhere or get someone who knows about addiction to have a word. It all adds up and helps them get closer to realizing. Sometimes unfortunately you have to be strong and make them take responsibility for their behavior and actions. But believe it or not this also helps them realize even though you feel like your not showing that you love them, you really are. But prayer can overcome the impossible.
Thank you for your prayers! My brother is the addict and unfortunately when things have gone wrong I have always been there to fix it, but I'm getting to the point that I can't do it anymore. I've stepped back a little at a time and have been making him take responsibility for his own actions. Probably not to the extent that I should be, but I am getting better. I told him when he feels down and out to read his Bible. I had bought him one a few years ago. I don't think he has yet, but I am confident that God will provide the means to him getting help.

Upvote 0