When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In another thread someone suggested "Prayer Soaking" could be spiritually dangerous.

I have been a handful of times to a church which believes and practices this. I am without a church right now and was wondering if this one is right for me or not. Now I'm even more confused. :confused:

I thought prayer soaking would be a good thing. It seems to be simply a time following directly on from worship where you sit or lay on the floor and rest, asking God to minister to you while worship music continues.

How could that be unsafe in any way?

Is there another form of it that's different?

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
There is absolutely no danger in soaking prayer as long as you are there seeking Jesus and only Jesus and more of the Holy Spirit and to draw closer to the Lord. During soaking prayer you come aside from all the stuff of this world and just cocentrate n drawing closer to the Lord in the Secret Place. It is also a time when you can listen to the voice of God.

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
I think outsiders...those not charismatic..being unfamiliar about soaking..misinterpret it and think it's something new age when it's not...I gotta have that!!! Especially laying on the floor, being ourselves...like little children at Abba's feet!! I think also some think that the only way to worship Him is to bei n hard rigid pews singing hymns, etc...yuck!

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Prayer soaking is of the enemy, it's the Kundalini spirit. That is why so many are confused, seduced, and deceived by false teaching and false practices. It's all mysticism.

Read some of these sites. Be aware, beware, and don't be unaware.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

John Arnott Promoting Catch the Fire Soaking Prayer Centres « End ...

8 Jun 2008 ... Note this ’soaking’ is not about seeking God’s face in prayer, .... ‘The Reality of the Supernatural World’ · Another Deliberate Deception. ...
endtimespropheticwords.wordpress.com/2008/06/08/john-arnott-promoting-catch-the-fire-soaking-prayer-centres/ - 187k - Cached - Similar pages

filesfromtoni: Christian Broadcasting Network Presents 'Soaking ...

I had friends who were into "contemplative/soaking" prayer. .... Apologetics Coordination Team - Deception In The Church, counterfeit, revival, apostacy, ...
filesfromtoni.blogspot.com/2008/06/christian-broadcasting-network-presents.html - 160k - Cached - Similar pages

Soaking: Biblical or Mysticism?

Now if ‘Prayer Soaking’ is Scriptural, then how come it has take over a thousand ... insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. ...
www.safeguardyoursoul.com/html/soaking__biblical_or_mysticism.html - 101k - Cached - Similar pages

TORONTO BLESSING

People who believe in soaking prayer get the sense that power is passing through .... can be very serious and expose one to demonic influence and deception. ...
www.w3church.org/ChristianMagic.html - 24k - Cached - Similar pages

Soaking Music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Soaking Music otherwise known as Soaking Prayer music or Soaking Worship music, is a sub-genre of .... Simplicty In Christ; ^ The Toronto deception ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soaking_Music - 35k - Cached - Similar pages

Kundalini Energy -The effects of SOAKING PRAYER - Page 3 - Rapture ...

28 May 2008 ... Kundalini Energy -The effects of SOAKING PRAYER Apostasy. ... but these people are dead serious, whoa, what kind of deception. ...
www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?p=606633 - 43k - Cached - Similar pages

Latter Rain Deception

The people of the Pentecostal and Charismatic churches are deceived about ... of the plate for prayer, he "goes down under the power, and ends up soaking in ...
www.cephasministry.com/latter_rain_deception.html - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

End Times Deception » Blog Archive » Florida Revival - is there a ...

2 Jun 2008 ... One very good article called Kundalini Energy (the effects of Soaking Prayer) speaks about the very close relationship between what is being ...
endtimesdeception.com/?p=515 - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

‘SOAKING’ promoted on CBN | CONTEND4TheFAITH

25 Jun 2008 ... The program will feature ‘Soaking Prayer, Activating the Prophetic‘. .... protection or assurance and deception is quite likely the outcome. ...
knowthetruth.servantsofjesuschrist.com/2008/06/25/soaking-promoted-on-cbn/ - 29k - Cached - Similar pages

More Books and Things...: Soaking in Contemplative Spirituality

Do not follow after deceiving spirits. Understand deeper truths about the dangers of different types of spiritual adultery like soaking, forms of prohesying ...
morebooksandthings.blogspot.com/2008/06/cecil-andrew-promotes-book-on-his.html - 166k - Cached - Similar pages

Reactions: RedTulipMom
Upvote 0
L

LeadWorship

There's a danger anytime we allow the flesh to come in. What you described, LIMB, during a worship service is quite ok. However, doing this over and over and over and coming with the purpose to soak for hours - that leaves room for more fleshly things imo. Note I didn't say it was bad, but it leaves room for self to get into the way. We have to ask, "Why am I soaking for so long? Is this the only time I can feel the presence of God?" and so forth. There's something powerful about a room full of people who stop and just pray quietly together - extremely powerful.

I'd be weary of calling this an ungodly, spiritual ritualistic thing - unless we are there to discern for ourselves, we should make no assumptions.

Upvote 0

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I am not a fan of corporate soaking.

But I start everyday by having an individual quiet time. I tell Him what's happening with me and wait for Him to tell me what's happening with me.

AND NO ONE IS GOING TO ROB ME OF THIS.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's a danger anytime we allow the flesh to come in. What you described, LIMB, during a worship service is quite ok. However, doing this over and over and over and coming with the purpose to soak for hours - that leaves room for more fleshly things imo. Note I didn't say it was bad, but it leaves room for self to get into the way. We have to ask, "Why am I soaking for so long? Is this the only time I can feel the presence of God?" and so forth. There's something powerful about a room full of people who stop and just pray quietly together - extremely powerful.

I'd be weary of calling this an ungodly, spiritual ritualistic thing - unless we are there to discern for ourselves, we should make no assumptions.
good morning:wave:

how does quietly laying before the Lord,allow for the flesh to take over?:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deba

Jul 8, 2007
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
What if a steal beam falls on you while you're sitting on the floor? :-O

I would immediatly be with the love of my life. :clap:
(Actually, I prefer to curl up in a comfy chair.):doh:

I love how you worded this, Deba. :amen:

Thanks. The quiet time could be a lot shorter if He would talk first.;)

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This guy seems just fine with it..:D
Cruise267.jpg

Upvote 0

merryheart

bookworm nerdgirl
Mar 1, 2004
Oregon, USA
✟13,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
IMO, there are a limited number of ways the human mind and body can function. Soaking can be done in the Holy Spirit, or it can be done in an unholy spirit. Depends on which you open yourself up to.

Being opened to to spiritual looks very similar on the outside whether you are open to the Holy Spirit or you have opened to demonic spirits, just like you are able to eat good nourishing food or poison with the same mouth

Upvote 0

Deba

Jul 8, 2007
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Being opened to to spiritual looks very similar on the outside whether you are open to the Holy Spirit or you have opened to demonic spirits

Yes, but if you are not open to participating in evil in your day to day decisions, and you guard what you are exposed to, you have no need to fear in waiting for the Lord.

You guys are doing the work of the devil here.

Upvote 0
L

LeadWorship

good morning:wave:

how does quietly laying before the Lord,allow for the flesh to take over?:)

Good Morning! I just saw your question, and MerryHeart answered it quite well I believe:

IMO, there are a limited number of ways the human mind and body can function. Soaking can be done in the Holy Spirit, or it can be done in an unholy spirit. Depends on which you open yourself up to.

Being opened to to spiritual looks very similar on the outside whether you are open to the Holy Spirit or you have opened to demonic spirits, just like you are able to eat good nourishing food or poison with the same mouth

:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Deba

Jul 8, 2007
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Baloney. Right now there are 13 threads on this page of the forum that I will not open because the title leads me to believe it is a subject that will pollute the standard of spiritual hygiene to which I have grown accustomed.

I give no toehold to evil as do many others here.

This fear mongering is an attempt to bring DOUBT and FEAR into the communication of a saint and their Savior. Shame on you!

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no such thing as soaking in prayer. The term is not Biblical at all. It is a silly term made up to invoke a certain feeling, a word picture if you will.

You either pray or your don't. How long and what you do while praying needs to be scriptural. If you want to quietly wait on the Lord, that is awesome. If you want to meditate on His word, wonderful. If you want to speak in tongues, great. Just be Biblical in what you do whatever you want to call it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.