Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
prayerrope2.jpg

Prayer-rope
The use of a prayer robe, rosary, or Jesus Beads is not for everyone. However many people from all religious persuasions find them helpful. The holding of the beads, the feel of them, can for many have a relaxing effect on the body. The slow repetition of the prayer, or word, can also help to focus the heart and mind on God.

If done on a regular basis and it does not become compulsive but comes from the heart, it will allow for the “Practice of the presence of God” to deepen over time.
When one is tired, or agitated, this form of prayer can center and bring one to the present moment. Each person will use the beads, rope, rosary or Jesus prayer differently, so comparisons are not helpful.

If however this form of prayer is used in a compulsive manner, then just about everyone who falls into this does pretty much the same thing. It will tire out the mind and be an impediment to prayer and contemplation. If it works use it, if it does not, don’t. We can only pray the way we can, each unique in how any practice is carried out.--Br.MD

Reactions: ~Anastasia~

Max Milian

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
✟7,932.00
Country
Belize
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I would like to add the following. I find that when I use the prayer rope during prayer it focusses my thought towards the prayer.

As you described in your post, it helps extremely well when you are stressed from work or had a bad day to relax your thought by going through the knots of the rope so you are able to focus on prayer.

In other words, it helps me to block all the non-relevant thoughts (work, bad day, stress) from my mind and helps me focus on the prayer.

But it is not for everyone, if it helps it helps if not don't use it.

Regards and God Bless,
Max

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Dohle
Upvote 0