Lancaster, PA
✟18,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good day everyone! I have some prayer requests I'd like to post.

The first two are "selfish" desires, though I guess all prayers can be misconstrued as selfish. Regardless ...

The first is, I have been having trouble sleeping lately. It is hot where I live, and even though we have central air, it is a bit too hot for me to sleep properly most nights. I also have a job that is sometimes physically demanding and I end up with pain when I try to sleep. OTCs help some but I would prefer an alternate solution. I do not have nightmares or dream problems - just trouble sleeping right now.

The second is that I want to find another job/career that uses my skills, but I am stumped on where to look and how to get started. It's a rather specific skill set that is not going to be coming up on typical places like job-search sites. (When I DID use those places, I got pretty much zero response, anyway.) I am working on my resume but would appreciate prayer for guidance.

The next request may seem very odd to some, but I am serious about it and would like prayer if you are so inclined. Here goes ... I have struggled for years with spiritual oppression. I do not want to go into too many details until I am more comfortable with the folks here. I will say that I firmly believe I've been oppressed demonically. (Not possessed - I have been saved since I was very young. Just strong oppression.) Sometimes it is not bad, like right now, but sometimes it is very, very clear and obvious. A friend in the past year has helped me see that I'm not nuts/not imagining demonic oppression. Again, I'll go into more detail as I feel comfortable - I'd like to share the stories if you are interested in hearing. But, for now at least, please pray for me to be able to fight, to keep on the full armor of God, and to trust and lean on Him first and foremost. I know my struggle is not against flesh and blood, etc. Pray for strength and skill as I fight the spiritual battle.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds and prays!!!!!

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Praying for you friend, Praying that you are blessed physically with sleep first and foremost and also pray for you a less demanding job. I understand the oppression as many are feeling this in our darkened society that we live in. I pray in Jesus name for complete healing, Physical, Mental, Spiritual.
Welcome to CF and may you be blessed here richly :wave:

Upvote 0

Nikki1445

Sep 15, 2016
Houston
✟10,910.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good day everyone! I have some prayer requests I'd like to post.

The first two are "selfish" desires, though I guess all prayers can be misconstrued as selfish. Regardless ...

The first is, I have been having trouble sleeping lately. It is hot where I live, and even though we have central air, it is a bit too hot for me to sleep properly most nights. I also have a job that is sometimes physically demanding and I end up with pain when I try to sleep. OTCs help some but I would prefer an alternate solution. I do not have nightmares or dream problems - just trouble sleeping right now.

The second is that I want to find another job/career that uses my skills, but I am stumped on where to look and how to get started. It's a rather specific skill set that is not going to be coming up on typical places like job-search sites. (When I DID use those places, I got pretty much zero response, anyway.) I am working on my resume but would appreciate prayer for guidance.

The next request may seem very odd to some, but I am serious about it and would like prayer if you are so inclined. Here goes ... I have struggled for years with spiritual oppression. I do not want to go into too many details until I am more comfortable with the folks here. I will say that I firmly believe I've been oppressed demonically. (Not possessed - I have been saved since I was very young. Just strong oppression.) Sometimes it is not bad, like right now, but sometimes it is very, very clear and obvious. A friend in the past year has helped me see that I'm not nuts/not imagining demonic oppression. Again, I'll go into more detail as I feel comfortable - I'd like to share the stories if you are interested in hearing. But, for now at least, please pray for me to be able to fight, to keep on the full armor of God, and to trust and lean on Him first and foremost. I know my struggle is not against flesh and blood, etc. Pray for strength and skill as I fight the spiritual battle.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds and prays!!!!!
Lord your word says in Matthew 11:28, "Come to me all ye who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest," so I thank you for granting your child the proper rest she needs. We pray for sound and peaceful sleep every night. Lord, your word also says in Philipians 4:19 that you will supply all of our needs according to your riches and Glory in Christ Jesus, so we thank you father for supplying all of her needs. We thank you for opening all the right doors in her life and closing all the wrong doors. We thank you for granting her with the absolute best job where she could utilize her skills in an amazing way. As she applies to different places in faith, guide her to the right position with her name on it. Father, we thank you that you can make a way when it seems like there is no way. Lord, we also pray that you build her strength in the spirit. As she dives into your word, make her spirit strong! Help her to feed her spirit through studying your word. Starve her flesh by keeping her away from anything that does not produce good fruit. Help her to remember and proclaim specific scriptures for each attack that the enemy tries to through at her. Help her to stand firm on the truth which is found in your word. May you be her solid foundation in the midst of this battle. Help her to remember that the devil has no power over her. Lord, you said that you would crush Satan under our feet. (Romans 16:20) We thank you that because she is your child, she IS on the winning side. The devil has already lost. No matter what attack the devil tries to through at her, help her to remember that he is already under her feet where he belongs! Thank you father that she WILL reign victorious in the midst of any spiritual battle. Thank you for covering her with your spiritual armor (Ephesians 6). May she put on this armor daily and proclaim that through you, she has already won whatever battle come her way, In Jesus' name, Amen.

Upvote 0