• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Prayer Request

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by carrico, Oct 18, 2020.

1. carrico

carrico Member

+106
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hey, guys. Having a rough day mentally and emotionally. Please pray for...

*Me. I think I have a mental illness. I feel like I have lost some memory. Pray that I can remember the things that I really want to remember. I believe I have OCD which comes with anxiety which is easy to brush off and turn over to The Lord. Some of it isn't as easy, but I can make it with God.

*I work two jobs. I return to the school I work for tomorrow from fall break. It's a terrible place. I really don't want to go back. I think I am going to have to resort to anti-depressants again. It's just so stressful. Someone I work with had the job I had about 10 years ago. She said that she ended up on high blood pressure meds doing the job. There's only one person with my job and I have to help 700+ people. There is another job open at a university nearby. I doubt the school I'd be with has 700 people to worry about and 40 more to want something every time I turn around. I'd love to have the job. It's just that I have been with my job for 9 months and I don't want to give up, but I feel like I probably need to. I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to leave. I've watched literally 3 opportunities fly by. Prayers to make it and prayers for the people I work with. They kinda talk to me like I'm one of the kids that they talk down. Pray for those kids too. Every day I have a new assignment thrown at me and I'm not sure if I will even remember to do it or even mark my calendar to do it. It's constant and non-stop.

*My adult learners at my side job. I teach a one-hour course. These guys are struggling. I teach a really easy class and I mean, more than half are failing. I don't know if it's the virtual world or they're just lazy. Someone seriously has a 3% in my course. There are students with 99% too. Sad part is... I love this job and I could have it full time, I'd take it in a heartbeat!

*Churches. All of them to be right with God. Also, that I can find the right church. It's been a struggle since I got married. I pretty much left my church in hopes to find a new one and it resulted in hopping around or not going. I really enjoyed the preaching at my old church, just wasn't a lot of fellowship there. There was lots of judgment though.

*The pandemic. A hedge of protection around my school even though I don't like working there.

Not sure if I will log back on to talk. If you want to drop a request you need prayed for, piggy back off of this thread. I will try my best to pray for you and I encourage others to pray for each other off of this one.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Newsgurl

Newsgurl Always here to help

+396
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Sending prayers to God that everything will be ok for you.

3. Wings like Eagles

Wings like Eagles Junior Member Supporter

+106
    Christian
    Married
    His Grace and Peace to you :pray:

4. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+7,600
    Messianic
    Private
    Praying for you.... Some stuff you might want to Google regarding memory: Coffee - and decaf is fine. Peppermint. Coconut and MCT oil. Colloidal gold. Gingko biloba. Tuna.
    Avoid sugar and eat natural as much as possible.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Alv Vatzdal

Alv Vatzdal Member

+176
    Norway
    Protestant
    Celibate
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    I can relate to mental health problems and the problems you describe with managing the world around you, feeling it all is too difficult and being filled with worries. I pray for you to allow yourself the Holy Spirit to live in you, and for you to live in the Spirit. Begin your days with prayers is my suggestion. Anything that can bring ourselves away from our own narrow view of life is a good thing, and remember that no worries can ever help make anything in the future one bit better. Bless you in all things, may God be merciful toward you and bring you peace. Remember to forgive, as how could we expect forgiveness to be given us, if we won't give it to others.

It's all so simple, Jesus and Him crucified, yet this is the mystery we are confronted with, how to make this fully our lives.

6. carrico

carrico Member

+106
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Thanks! It went easier than expected!

7. carrico

carrico Member

+106
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you so much! And to the others. This week was going ok. I am going to post another request.