have mercy on me
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2005
✟56,796.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I know we're heading on towards Holy Week, but I need some prayers. I am going to graduate in about a month and have no plans whatsoever for the future. In all honesty I can't even muster up enough motivation to think about the future ever since I made a decision not to apply for graduate school for the coming school year. My parents are starting to ask questions and I don't even know what to tell them. I am kind of lost..... and I need some prayers for guidance.

Macarius

Progressive Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2007
The Ivory Tower
✟52,122.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prayers for you my friend. Don't be afraid to go and find a "basic" job (one with benefits!) and working it for a while. You'll be exhausted, but eventually you will find what you gravitate towards and what you'd like to be doing. There is NOTHING wrong with working (even a so-called McJob), earning a living, and engaging in prayer. You don't need to change the world right now nor plan the remainder of your life right now. Just do the NEXT right thing - whatever that may be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,770.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yo, Greg!
May God bless your paths, though they may seem mysterious at times. I went from the Navy, to college (with dreams of becoming an ambassador), and went on from there to begging big gov't and big business for employment with no particular success, until I fell into teaching in Russia by accident and discovered my professional calling.

Upvote 0