Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh wow, I just noticed my homepage (BBC News) upped the death toll since the last time I saw it from 51 to 91... this is tragic. Prayers going out to all affected.

It's passed. It's moving east now.

Glad you're okay bro.

Upvote 0

GNJ

Picker 'n' Chooser
Aug 1, 2012
New Jersey, USA.
✟15,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Truly horrible stuff. You'd think that with current technology we'd be able to warn people of these sorts of things ahead of time :(

Praying for all involved.

(P.S. For people in the area, there's a facebook page for pets misplaced by the storm, where they're posting pictures of found pets and people can give any information for one they may have lost. Just giving it a signal boost!)

Upvote 0
S

SpiritualAntiseptic

I pray for all those that have lost friends and families. For the non-Natives and non-Okies that do not understand this... something felt very wrong about that area. There is an intrinsic feeling about certain parts of the state. We grew up with tornadoes and we know that some places are safe and some places are off-limits. I am an Okie, and I know something about tornadoes. It cannot be described. I had conversations with other okies at the primary university (OU, just south of Moore, which has been hit twice now), the only place where most of us meet and study. Everyone near that area, native, Okie, or not, must build a shelter.

I hope that Moore does not rebuild. I hope that people in southern OKC and Norman build shelters. It is just not safe. Moore is an affluent middle-class suburb. It lures cheap housing for people outside the state. For non-natives that do not know something is very wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The devastation is truly awful. The people are so in need prayers.

And the people need help--food, emergency shelter, medical care. Mercury One's trucks are there helping even now. (100% of the donations go to help there, if one chooses to donate through them.) I know that the Salvation Army is there helping, and many other churches. I'm sure that as time goes on, more and more organizations will decide to offer help.

Upvote 0

Prayer Circle

Feb 4, 2012
OK, Why am I in this handbasket?
✟1,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
bth_animated_candle.gif
prayer-hands-smiley-emoticon.gif

Certainly now is the time to be the answer to prayer as well. Donating to the American red cross, your local blood bank, food banks, charities designating select proceeds being directed to those devastated in Oklahoma, is a great start. :groupray:

God be with those who were lost, those who are still missing, and all who worry and grieve. Amen.

Upvote 0

Sarcalogos Deus

Welch Ein Mensch!
Jan 1, 2010
Archdiocese of Oklahoma City
✟8,843.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Fortunately the death toll has been revised down to 24 if anyone hasn't heard, but that is once again expected to climb. Also unfortunate is the fact that the temperature has dipped to 40 or so with a cold hard rain.

Finally, If anyone wants to donate to help directly to a Catholic agency Catholic Charities has set up a disaster relief donation site: https://ccokc.ejoinme.org/?tabid=406485

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟448,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
If you want to donate $10 quickly i think you need to text Red Cross at 90999.

You could double check that - but certain thats what i heard on the radio on the way home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums