• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Prayer need: ancient church brutally vandalized

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+24,021
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Just reported by Ynet (in Hebrew), Hirbet Midras, the site of the Byzantine church in the Ella Valley with the incredible mosaic floors, uncovered just two months ago and visited by tens of thousands of people was deliberately and brutally vandalized Wednesday night. The Antiquities Authority had made considerable effort to prepare the site and had decided to leave the mosaics uncovered so that people could visit and see them. The supervisor and archaeologist in charge, Alon Klein of the Israel Antiquities Authority’s Crime Prevention unit was shocked to find the destruction this morning when he arrived at the site.
    [​IMG]
    Photo courtesy of the Israel Antiquities Authority

Continued- http://israeltours.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/hirbet-midras-vandalized/

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Andrew Ryan

Andrew Ryan I like any king that can reign with his fist

+120
    Catholic
    Engaged
    This is an outrage, I don't care what religion or political movement you're apart of there is no reason to damage or vandalize some historical site or artifact. History is supposed to be preserved.

3. ProScribe

ProScribe Well-Known Member

+192
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I'd be interested in learning the specific reasons why someone would do that.

4. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+24,021
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  5. Winter

Winter Jesus, let it be ok

+614
    Catholic
    Married