Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I suppose if I thought my salvation depended on me being right then it would. As far as whatever happens to me after I breathe my last, I simply trust God.
Even if that fate is hell? There are plenty of Christians out there that say if you don't do certain things you will go to hell. So getting it right seems of upmost importance. Just trusting god could send you to hell.

Anyone who claims they know for absolute certain that they are right on matters of faith are lying to themselves.

-CryptoLutheran
How do you know this?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not asking for 100% agreement on every little detail. But when there is no consensus on salvation and who Jesus is/was that seems like god does not really care if we get those things right.
...well, that's another issue and being that I subscribe to a more Inclusivist type position on salvations, I'm more of the mind that God is less dogmatic on the theological details than we often are.

Do I need to study epistemology more to be able to believe in god? Frankly it was studying epistemology that gave me the tools to understand that there is not any good evidence for belief.
That's interesting, because it was my study of Epistemology that has helped prevent me from just jettisoning my faith like an escape pod in Star Wars and landing in the arid desert world of 'unfaith.'

It was the Navy that actually taught me how to think critically. Can anyone have faith without doing all this studying you want everyone to do? The evidence says yes. Many people have faith without studying any of this, why can't I? What is your evidence that a god exists?
Sure, lots of folks can have faith without 'all' of the studying that I've attempted to suggest. I'm not arguing with that at all. But I would aver that the need for further study will vary by person.

What is my evidence that a God exist? I'd say that my evidence is, for the most part, pretty low level on the cognitive register, so many people would sneeze at it...

That is not for you to decide. You provide the evidence and I get to evaluate it and see if it is sufficient enough for me to believe. What is your evidence god exits?
The problem here with this approach of yours is that you're ignoring an important epistemological detail ... one that I've repeated to various folks here off and on over the years. And that detail is that if God has decided FOR us the how and the what of what it is we're to generally look for in the evidence He's going to provide, then it would be a fools errand (and an immense waste of your and my time, too) to start pulling out 'evidences' in some serendipitous fashion.

Additionally, if my 'beliefs' have been conditioned previously through my own studies and they are recognized in my own mind through having coalesced many layers of various disciplines, then I can start offering you a 1,001 evidences, however small, and they'll never add up for you to what they add up for me.

On top of all of that, we also have to consider what Kierkegaard stated about Lessing's Ditch.

I have studied these things in the past. I am not going to study them right now. Do I need to study this some more for me to believe god exists?
Yes and no.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
...well, that's another issue and being that subscribe to a more Inclusivist type position on salvations, I'm more of the mind that God is less dogmatic on the theological details than we often are.
Others are not, why do you think you are right and the are wrong?

That's interesting, because it was my study of Epistemology that has helped prevent me from just jettisoning my faith like an escape pod in Star Wars and landing in the arid desert world of 'unfaith.'
It seems contradictory to me that someone an study epistemology and then conclude god exists on faith.

What is my evidence that a God exist? I'd say that my evidence is, for the most part, pretty low level on the cognitive register, so many people would sneeze at it...
What is your evidence?

The problem here with this approach of yours is that you're ignoring an important epistemological detail ... one that I've repeated to various folks here off and on over the years. And that detail is that if God has decided FOR us the how and the what of what it is we're to generally look for in the evidence He's going to provide, then it would be a fools errand (and an immense waste of your and my time, too) to start pulling out 'evidences' in some serendipitous fashion.
Can you explain what you mean further?

Additionally, if my 'beliefs' have been conditioned previously through my own studies and they are recognized in my own mind through having coalesced many layers of various disciplines, then I can start offering you a 1,001 evidences, however small, and they'll never add up for you to what they add up for me.
Yet you have not provided one.

Yes and no.
Which is not an answer.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Others are not, why do you think you are right and the are wrong?
...Well, it's essentially that after considering all that I've studied, it looks to me like the Inclusivist position is more or less the better of the 3 or 4 (5+?) positions that are out there. Of course, I don't discount that I could be wrong, but being that the Bible doesn't present most of its theological ideas in comprehensive terms but rather in various sizes and levels of fragmentary description and detail, I'm almost certain that the Exclusivist position has some 'missing links' in its doctrine that are needed to show that it has finality over all of the other positions.

It seems contradictory to me that someone an study epistemology and then conclude god exists on faith.
Well, if through my study, I've come to think that ALL epistemological approaches are imperfect in and of themselves as they attempt to provided systems or frameworks by which we THINK we've justified our various beliefs, pro or con, AND being that I've also studied Biblical Epistemology, I don't think anyone can get a last word over on me by which I have to blink, stare up at the sky and say, "Y'know, you got me!"

No, if anything, my study of epistemology has shown me that since no one has the last word on how well any one of us can actually justify our total collection of beliefs when it comes to religion, then as far as I'm concerned, the whole religious question REMAINS wide open on an existential level.

What is your evidence?
The Bible and a few, small, personal, anecdotes. The thing that enables me to believe is my understanding about the nature of what it I've read in the Bible and experienced as a human being, and with this, I look at the patterns of meaning I see in these things and compare it with what I see in the world and in history. And then, some of it seems to (fortunately or unfortunately) coalesce.

Can you explain what you mean further?
I could, to a limited extent.

Yet you have not provided one.
Ok. I'd assert that the first piece of evidence is that, according to a number of scholars, Jesus more than likely existed as a man. That's a place to start, and then we go from there hermeneutically, epistemologically, historically, and Biblically, taking into account EACH and EVERY conceptual conundrum on all sides of the interpretive spectrum that we can.

Which is not an answer.
Yes, it is an answer, just not the one you want; this isn't to say that it can't be worked through further per the disciplines I've suggested to you above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
...Well, it's essentially that after considering all that I've studied, it looks to me like the Inclusivist position is more or less the better of the 3 or 4 (5+?) positions that are out there. Of course, I don't discount that I could be wrong, but being that the Bible doesn't present most of its theological ideas in comprehensive terms but rather in various sizes and levels of fragmentary description and detail, I'm almost certain that the Exclusivist position has some 'missing links' in its doctrine that are needed to show that it has finality over all of the other positions.
What is the evidence and why do you believe it?

Well, if through my study, I've come to think that ALL epistemological approaches are imperfect in and of themselves as they attempt to provided systems or frameworks by which we THINK we've justified our various beliefs, pro or con, AND being that I've also studied Biblical Epistemology, I don't think anyone can get a last word over on me by which I have to blink, stare up at the sky and say, "Y'know, you got me!"
What is your belief based on. What specific evidence do you have that is the basis for your belief?

No, if anything, my study of epistemology has shown me that since no one has the last word on how well any one of us can actually justify our total collection of beliefs when it comes to religion, then as far as I'm concerned, the whole religious question REMAINS wide open on an existential level.
Ok, but most Christians do not feel this way in my experience.

The Bible and a few, small, personal, anecdotes. The thing that enables me to believe is my understanding about the nature of what it I've read in the Bible and experienced as a human being, and with this, I look at the patterns of meaning I see in these things and compare it with what I see in the world and in history. And then, some of it seems to (fortunately or unfortunately) coalesce.
You keep describing how you came to your evidence but you have never actually presented any.

Ok. I'd assert that the first piece of evidence is that, according to a number of scholars, Jesus more than likely existed as a man. That's a place to start, and then we go from there hermeneutically, epistemologically, historically, and Biblically, taking into account EACH and EVERY conceptual conundrum on all sides of the interpretive spectrum that we can.
I can agree that a man named Jesus said things around 2000 years ago, I have no problem with that.

Yes, it is an answer, just not the one you want; this isn't to say that it can't be worked through further per the disciplines I've suggested to you above.
No, when you say "Yes and No" with no further explanation to a question, that is a non answer. It in no way answers the question I asked in any meaningful way.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the evidence and why do you believe it?
I begin with the idea that Jesus (of Nazareth and/or Galilee) was a real, historical person; this is the very least significant thing we can think about that is relevant to our inquiry, and I hold this idea about Jesus just as I do for any other reportedly 'historical' person from the past. I believe Jesus the Man is a fact, even if a debatable fact among some, and then I move on to hermeneutically evaluating the various historical data, along with the ongoing social, cultural and sociological factors which pertain to each century.

What is your belief based on. What specific evidence do you have that is the basis for your belief?
Are you asking me if my belief comports with a Foundationalist structure of rational inquiry and justification? I hope not, because I don't believe that the Foundationalist approach is the epistemic way by which one comes to faith. Remember.......I'm an Existentialist, and while various pieces of data can be evaluated rationally, and then other, various logically considered ideas can be entertained in depth, at the end of the day, none of us will EVER be able to BUILD a structured, Foundationalist type justification that will somehow "compel" mental assent.

Foundationalist, lock-step type use of axioms, processes of justification and reaching conclusions might be very useful and effective while working on a Nuclear Submarine, but they're going to fail to provide (anyone, really) the right kind of approach to the having of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Ok, but most Christians do not feel this way in my experience.
Yeah, and most Christians over the past few hundred years have eschewed the likes of Pascal and Kierkegaard as well ... But, like Paul the Apostle realized, there are limits to just how much I'm supposed to assume that I should show utter fealty to the dogmatic conceptions that other Christians may hold about their respective denominational interpretations of the collections of Sacred Writ that we all now share.

You keep describing how you came to your evidence but you have never actually presented any.
... and you haven't described to me exactly the process(es) by which YOU THINK anyone should best and most cogently assess the evidences. I have to mention this because if any kind of evidence in the world is open to interpretation (and it is), then even biblical type evidence is going to fail if a person expects to see something in it and refuses to realize that there has to be an ongoing, hermeneutical realization within the mental model one holds that affects the dynamics of that model. And it is this interior realization that begins to separate 1st order thinking from 2nd order thinking, both of which should be a part of our ongoing, daily praxis in chasing after Jesus.

I can agree that a man named Jesus said things around 2000 years ago, I have no problem with that.
Ok. So, we now can glean together two facts, three really: 1) You don't agree with the likes of Richard Carrier, and 2) & 3) both you and I, each, seem to agree with the basic idea that, at the least, the potential holds that because Jesus was real, we inhabit a possible world wherein not only did Jesus exist, but He could also be recognized, pending further deliberation, to be the Son of God, the Lord and Savior of the World. And that, my friend, isn't a bad place to start! Now, we just have 8,983 bits of various ideological, social, historical, philosophical and theological fragments to sort through..........

No, when you say "Yes and No" with no further explanation to a question, that is a non answer. It in no way answers the question I asked in any meaningful way.
It is an answer; but regardless of the fact that you think it wasn't, I think you see that you and I are now in discussion ... ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I begin with the idea that Jesus (of Nazareth and/or Galilee) was a real, historical person; this is the very least significant thing we can think about that is relevant to our inquiry, and I hold this idea about Jesus just as I do for any other reportedly 'historical' person from the past. I believe Jesus the Man is a fact, even if a debatable fact among some, and then I move on to hermeneutically evaluating the various historical data, along with the ongoing social, cultural and sociological factors which pertain to each century.
I already agreed that there was a person named Jesus and said things. I do not believe he was anything like the Jesus described in the Bible.

Are you asking me if my belief comports with a Foundationalist structure of rational inquiry and justification? I hope not, because I don't believe that the Foundationalist approach is the epistemic way by which one comes to faith. Remember.......I'm an Existentialist, and while various pieces of data can be evaluated rationally, and then other, various logically considered ideas can be entertained in depth, at the end of the day, none of us will EVER be able to BUILD a structured, Foundationalist type justification that will somehow "compel" mental assent.
So you cannot show that God exists in any real way that we can be sure of.

Foundationalist, lock-step type use of axioms, processes of justification and reaching conclusions might be very useful and effective while working on a Nuclear Submarine, but they're going to fail to provide (anyone, really) the right kind of approach to the having of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Yes becasue it requires faith not evidence.

... and you haven't described to me exactly the process(es) by which YOU THINK anyone should best and most cogently assess the evidences. I have to mention this because if any kind of evidence in the world is open to interpretation (and it is), then even biblical type evidence is going to fail if a person expects to see something in it and refuses to realize that there has to be an ongoing, hermeneutical realization within the mental model one holds that affects the dynamics of that model. And it is this interior realization that begins to separate 1st order thinking from 2nd order thinking, both of which should be a part of our ongoing, daily praxis in chasing after Jesus.
You don't seem very serious in having a real conversation.

Ok. So, we now can glean together two facts, three really: 1) You don't agree with the likes of Richard Carrier, and 2) & 3) both you and I, each, seem to agree with the basic idea that, at the least, the potential holds that because Jesus was real, we inhabit a possible world wherein not only did Jesus exist, but He could also be recognized, pending further deliberation, to be the Son of God, the Lord and Savior of the World. And that, my friend, isn't a bad place to start! Now, we just have 8,983 bits of various ideological, social, historical, philosophical and theological fragments to sort through..........
That is a huge jump and if I need 8983 evidences to believe Jesus was god then go have fun. I am not playing. 99.99999% of the Christians that ever lived did not believe becasue of these evidences. I bet only you have.

It is an answer; but regardless of the fact that you think it wasn't, I think you see that you and I are now in discussion ... ;)
No we are not. You don't have any real evidence. For you to believe in a god requires years of study, if so, then god is inaccessible to almost everyone on the planet. Most Christians believe with far less evidence and mumbo jumbo. I am also not going to engage with someone that thinks that "Yes and No" without explanation is a reasonable answer to a question. It tells me nothing about what you think about my question.

If you had good evidence for Gods existence you would just provide it clearly. You don't so you convince yourself by a lot of different fields of study and convoluted explanations. Is this really how you think God wants us to know he exists?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I already agreed that there was a person named Jesus and said things. I do not believe he was anything like the Jesus described in the Bible.
Since you 'believe' in the efficacy (somehow) of 'evidence,' what is your evidence that Jesus ISN'T as more or less described in the various New Testament writings?

So you cannot show that God exists in any real way that we can be sure of.
... what were you expecting?

Yes becasue it requires faith not evidence.
Uh, no. That's not at all what I'm attempting to say when I say that Foundationalism 'fails,' as do most epistemological modes. Keep in mind that I see 'faith' as a response to God via one's thoughts and experiences in life and in ongoing interaction with our understanding and application of the biblical contents.

You don't seem very serious in having a real conversation.
Actually, I am, but I don't think faith is some coordinated, lock-step, instantaneous effect like you get aboard a naval submarine. That's not how it works, and you make it sound like evidences are something that are independent and self-revelatory and, if you just find the right one, one that is a silver-bullet, then you'll somehow find faith. But, that's not how it works.

That is a huge jump and if I need 8983 evidences to believe Jesus was god then go have fun. I am not playing. 99.99999% of the Christians that ever lived did not believe becasue of these evidences. I bet only you have.
Do you actually think I meant 8,983, in a literal fashion? I would think that you'd understanding that I'm simply pointing out that there is some howework in Christianity to do. How do I know this? Well, I'm pretty sure that 99.99999% of the Christians who have been truly Christian in God's sight received their essential truths about the Christian faith........from other Christians (i.e. 'The CHURCH), which is what letters, narrative, as well as live lectures, sermons and preaching has been. So, there is some amount of education involved, even if it might take 30 minutes to 30 days (or for some, 30 years) to work through.

You seem to be wanting some kind of special treatment that not one of 99.9999999% of Christians has gotten from God Himself. Am I wrong on this? I hope I am.

No we are not. You don't have any real evidence. For you to believe in a god requires years of study, if so, then god is inaccessible to almost everyone on the planet. Most Christians believe with far less evidence and mumbo jumbo. I am also not going to engage with someone that thinks that "Yes and No" without explanation is a reasonable answer to a question. It tells me nothing about what you think about my question.
Look here, Clizby. If you have a bible (and you said you do), and you've read it (and you say you have), then you have what it is that God has provided as evidence, along with the presence of His Church and the Jewish people (for good and bad). These are evidences! Then too, you have the history of the world for the last 2,000 years since Christ, and all of that can be evidence as well-----if you'll allow it to be.

If you had good evidence for Gods existence you would just provide it clearly. You don't so you convince yourself by a lot of different fields of study and convoluted explanations. Is this really how you think God wants us to know he exists?
I have the same evidence that everyone else in the present world has, and I don't think it's a failure on my part to say so. You seem to want a military grade silver bullet by which to puncture the epistemological ceiling. Well, I have some bad news, that isn't going to be provided to 99.999999% without passing to the other side ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Even if that fate is hell?

I don't put any credence in the notion that God is a divine tyrant who sends people to an eternal torture chamber for not having the right religion or set of beliefs. So that's not something I worry about. If, however, there is some sort of cosmic malevolence out there that consigns us all to an eternal torture chamber for not guessing the right numbers for the cosmic lotto then I guess that's that--what am I going to do about it? I certainly hope that's not the case. I would prefer to hope in the God that Jesus spoke about, the God who loves us, even the worst of us, and would throw Himself away in love in order to reconcile everyone to Himself. That's what the Gospel proclaims, that's what Jesus talked about and lived out through His own suffering and crucifixion. So I would rather trust in Jesus.

There are plenty of Christians out there that say if you don't do certain things you will go to hell.

If I lived my life worried about what some of my fellow co-religionists thought I'd hardly be doing much living. I did the whole hellfire and brimstone fundamentalist thing already, got the t-shirt. I gave up on that a long time ago.

So getting it right seems of upmost importance.

Yeah, there are certainly a lot who think so.

Just trusting god could send you to hell.

C'est la vie

How do you know this?

Know? I don't. But my observation is that those who try to present themselves as the most mature, the most certain, the most "spiritual", are usually those whose faith seems to be about as deep as a thimble full of water.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Since you 'believe' in the efficacy (somehow) of 'evidence,' what is your evidence that Jesus ISN'T as more or less described in the various New Testament writings?
I don't have to have any. I am not making a claim. You are making the claim that Jesus was as more or less described in the Bible. Show me evidence that supports this and will look at it.

... what were you expecting?
Evidence that can be evaluated.

Uh, no. That's not at all what I'm attempting to say when I say that Foundationalism 'fails,' as do most epistemological modes. Keep in mind that I see 'faith' as a response to God via one's thoughts and experiences in life and in ongoing interaction with our understanding and application of the biblical contents.
That is not the biblical definition of faith. Why should I believe your definition of faith over another?

Actually, I am, but I don't think faith is some coordinated, lock-step, instantaneous effect like you get aboard a naval submarine. That's not how it works, and you make it sound like evidences are something that are independent and self-revelatory and, if you just find the right one, one that is a silver-bullet, then you'll somehow find faith. But, that's not how it works.
If I need revelation to believe then God is on the hot seat not me.

Do you actually think I meant 8,983, in a literal fashion? I would think that you'd understanding that I'm simply pointing out that there is some howework in Christianity to do. How do I know this? Well, I'm pretty sure that 99.99999% of the Christians who have been truly Christian in God's sight received their essential truths about the Christian faith........from other Christians (i.e. 'The CHURCH), which is what letters, narrative, as well as live lectures, sermons and preaching has been. So, there is some amount of education involved, even if it might take 30 minutes to 30 days (or for some, 30 years) to work through.
I studied Christian doctrine for a long time. In the end when I learned how to evaluate evidence I realized there wot any good evidence for belief.

You seem to be wanting some kind of special treatment that not one of 99.9999999% of Christians has gotten from God Himself. Am I wrong on this? I hope I am.
No, I want good evidence for belief. Do you have any?

Look here, Clizby. If you have a bible (and you said you do), and you've read it (and you say you have), then you have what it is that God has provided as evidence, along with the presence of His Church and the Jewish people (for good and bad). These are evidences! Then too, you have the history of the world for the last 2,000 years since Christ, and all of that can be evidence as well-----if you'll allow it to be.
It is evidence but is is all bad evidence. Why should I believe the bible is true? A ton of bad evidence does not make good evidence. It is just a ton of bad evidence.

I have the same evidence that everyone else in the present world has, and I don't think it's a failure on my part to say so. You seem to want a military grade silver bullet by which to puncture the epistemological ceiling. Well, I have some bad news, that isn't going to be provided to 99.999999% without passing to the other side ...
I just want good evidence. No one seems to have it. Are you saying that I must believe without good evidence?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't put any credence in the notion that God is a divine tyrant who sends people to an eternal torture chamber for not having the right religion or set of beliefs. So that's not something I worry about. If, however, there is some sort of cosmic malevolence out there that consigns us all to an eternal torture chamber for not guessing the right numbers for the cosmic lotto then I guess that's that--what am I going to do about it? I certainly hope that's not the case. I would prefer to hope in the God that Jesus spoke about, the God who loves us, even the worst of us, and would throw Himself away in love in order to reconcile everyone to Himself. That's what the Gospel proclaims, that's what Jesus talked about and lived out through His own suffering and crucifixion. So I would rather trust in Jesus.
So you don't know and are taking a risk just like me I guess. I am doing the same, I don't know so I choose reason and humanism instead of Jesus. It has a better foundation.

If I lived my life worried about what some of my fellow co-religionists thought I'd hardly be doing much living. I did the whole hellfire and brimstone fundamentalist thing already, got the t-shirt. I gave up on that a long time ago.
So no one really knows what god wants or even if he exists.

Know? I don't. But my observation is that those who try to present themselves as the most mature, the most certain, the most "spiritual", are usually those whose faith seems to be about as deep as a thimble full of water.

-CryptoLutheran
You don't know but you believe anyway?

Upvote 0

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you
loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth
about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or
three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” Mt 18:19-20 ESV

When are at least two Christians going to get together and pray about getting rid of Covid-19?

I'm sorry, mate, if you take the quoted passage in the original Greek, considering the context of the ancient Palestine, you would find the text doesn't mean what it actually says!

Mt. 18:19-20 actually means that whatever you are praying about it, will likely not happen. It may happen..., but probably not.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, mate, if you take the quoted passage in the original Greek, considering the context of the ancient Palestine, you would find the text doesn't mean what it actually says!

Mt. 18:19-20 actually means that whatever you are praying about it, will likely not happen. It may happen..., but probably not.
I disagree. The Greek word genesetai in Mt 18:19 means "it shall be done" or "it will be done."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I disagree. The Greek word genesetai in Mt 18:19 means "it shall be done" or "it will be done."
I was just kidding, but notice that none of the Christian apologists offered to correct the "misunderstanding".

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was just kidding, but notice that none of the Christian apologists offered to correct the "misunderstanding".

I already have addressed this elsewhere...

...and I can do more if needed.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah that was pointed out. I guess I was in debate mode. :)

Because for them it cannot mean what it actually says. They must change the meaning by mounting a multi paragraph explanation using a lot of big words.

Upvote 0