Prayer for Work

Mark022884

Oct 1, 2004
✟15,275.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone. I have been struggling recently at work with my coworkers. There is so much pressure to go out after work for "happy hours" and it gets hard telling everyone that I'm not interested. Sometimes they continue to pressure me to come out even after I've said I have other plans or that I'm not interested in drinking. Please pray that my coworkers will accept my choice not to participate and that it will not alienate myself from the group. Thank-you.

Remny

Prayer Bear
Apr 29, 2002
Vancouver Wa
Visit site
✟8,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You know it couldn't hurt to expand your horizons and go out with them a couple times. You don't have to drink like a fish, heck Jesus drank whine, you can have a class or two of something just to be friendly. The point of going out it not for happy hour, but to talk to these coworkers, hang out, get to know them. So when you tell them no you tell them they are not worth getting to know so it can be taken offensivly.

I'm not saying you must go out with them all the time, or drop everything and go with them. Just if you have time, if its convenient sometime I think you should. There is a wide and wonderful array of hobbies in this world. It is foolish to limit yourself to just a couple.

A lot of times when i go out, I will play pool, or darts, or video games, it doesn't have to be about sitting around and getting drunk. You can always just order food from the bar too and have a bite to eat, the point is to just be social.

If you alienate yourself from your coworkers you can not expect to not be alienated from them. If you still desire to stay far away from their hobby you could always at least invite them to do something with you.

Well I'm praying for you and your co-workers,

Good luck buddy,

BEN

Upvote 0

burn97

A Bruised Reed Yet My Gentle King Loves Me Anyway
Aug 19, 2006
Illinois
Visit site
✟35,559.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Almighty Father, let our brother rest securely in Your loving Arms. Give to him strength and courage to continue to hold his ground. Let his co workers no longer pressure our brother but let them seek other ways to include him. Father, continue to bless our brother, let his work be blessed for You are his hope. In the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ I pray,Amen
:prayer:

Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

icon18.gif
"Give Us Today Our Daily Bread"

'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one'

Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums