Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What are your thoughts, on this subject?

If you have more scriptures to add to this post that relate to the topic please feel free to use the verses that you know because, there are so many!

There are many people who study the bible, almost religiously and daily. Does it help them? Sometimes, possibly it can help someone to have a change in their heart because of how the Lord Jesus Christ had taught as one with authority, and how when He was ministering he had healed many people with leprosy, mentally unstable, and people with all kinds of various other illnesses.

There are many subject matters in the bible to look at and discuss and for this subject is about prayer.

You understand that our flesh is weak right?

Our flesh desires to be right, and to be politically correct by being in-tuned with the World and what society puts forth, even in the realm of Christianity. Our flesh is weak because ever since we were born all we have to look at is our parents, if you had any at all, or other people who are older than we were as children, and we follow along after obtaining our characteristics that we obtain from these figures we hold up to in our mind.

Those figures are others that you learned from, or you yourself who taught yourself what is best. Our flesh desires whatever you desire in your heart.

It can be women, money, sex, drugs, power.

Let me share with a quick word from the scripture that tells us directly more about the truth of how we really truly are in our flesh.

• 19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
Hey, that sounds like me sometimes when the flesh gets a hold of me and my desires are to do these things that are mentioned here in this text!

• To have outburst of anger towards others, and cause hostility, with quarreling, and causing jealously by provoking others, with the gain of my own lustful pleasures caused by my impurity of the heart, that causes me to gain power in my life however causes destruction of many bridges and damaged relationships with many people.
There is something we are given as believers and it called prayer.

Did you know that you can pray, and ask God to help you with these listed above pleasures of the flesh?

• You can go to God and ask him, help me not be selfish, help me not be hostile towards others, help me not to quarrel because I disagree with someone, help me not out burst with anger if I see something that makes me upset to the point of anger. Help me with my sexual immorality that causes me to look at inappropriate contentography every day, help me over come my sorcery* drug habits that I have been doing every day.

Cause many of these things cause destruction in our life.

Let me help you see some more scriptures you can ask God to help you with, would you like to see some more?

• Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,

• Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.

• 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

• 8 This royal law is found in the Scriptures: “Love your neighbor as you love yourself.” If you obey this law, you are doing right.

• 6 Do not worry. Learn to pray about everything. Give thanks to God as you ask Him for what you need. 7 The peace of God is much greater than the human mind can understand. This peace will keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

We are most certainly able to pray, and seek for the truth that God has given us by allowing the spirit to be in control of our lives, rather than us ourselves though we are going to still mess up sometimes here and there cause people are not perfect.

The point of this message is to allow you to understand that we do have something that has been given to us and it is one of the most powerful spiritual tools we have as Christians.

Prayer.

Hebrews 4:16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Agallagher,

I never spent long hours studying. I devoted the majority of my time to prayer and fellowship with the Lord. Building our relationship and learning how to follow Him was foremost.

I devoted a lot of time interceding for others. That isn’t my gift, but lifting up the lost, church, and related ministries did wonders for my heart. Attending to His needs took my mind off my own.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

• Agree
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What are your thoughts, on this subject?

If you have more scriptures to add to this post that relate to the topic please feel free to use the verses that you know because, there are so many!

There are many people who study the bible, almost religiously and daily. Does it help them? Sometimes, possibly it can help someone to have a change in their heart because of how the Lord Jesus Christ had taught as one with authority, and how when He was ministering he had healed many people with leprosy, mentally unstable, and people with all kinds of various other illnesses.

There are many subject matters in the bible to look at and discuss and for this subject is about prayer.

You understand that our flesh is weak right?

Our flesh desires to be right, and to be politically correct by being in-tuned with the World and what society puts forth, even in the realm of Christianity. Our flesh is weak because ever since we were born all we have to look at is our parents, if you had any at all, or other people who are older than we were as children, and we follow along after obtaining our characteristics that we obtain from these figures we hold up to in our mind.

Those figures are others that you learned from, or you yourself who taught yourself what is best. Our flesh desires whatever you desire in your heart.

It can be women, money, sex, drugs, power.

Let me share with a quick word from the scripture that tells us directly more about the truth of how we really truly are in our flesh.

• 19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
Hey, that sounds like me sometimes when the flesh gets a hold of me and my desires are to do these things that are mentioned here in this text!

• To have outburst of anger towards others, and cause hostility, with quarreling, and causing jealously by provoking others, with the gain of my own lustful pleasures caused by my impurity of the heart, that causes me to gain power in my life however causes destruction of many bridges and damaged relationships with many people.
There is something we are given as believers and it called prayer.

Did you know that you can pray, and ask God to help you with these listed above pleasures of the flesh?

• You can go to God and ask him, help me not be selfish, help me not be hostile towards others, help me not to quarrel because I disagree with someone, help me not out burst with anger if I see something that makes me upset to the point of anger. Help me with my sexual immorality that causes me to look at inappropriate contentography every day, help me over come my sorcery* drug habits that I have been doing every day.

Cause many of these things cause destruction in our life.

Let me help you see some more scriptures you can ask God to help you with, would you like to see some more?

• Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,

• Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.

• 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

• 8 This royal law is found in the Scriptures: “Love your neighbor as you love yourself.” If you obey this law, you are doing right.

• 6 Do not worry. Learn to pray about everything. Give thanks to God as you ask Him for what you need. 7 The peace of God is much greater than the human mind can understand. This peace will keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

We are most certainly able to pray, and seek for the truth that God has given us by allowing the spirit to be in control of our lives, rather than us ourselves though we are going to still mess up sometimes here and there cause people are not perfect.

The point of this message is to allow you to understand that we do have something that has been given to us and it is one of the most powerful spiritual tools we have as Christians.

Prayer.

Hebrews 4:16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

Prayer changes us, not others.

• Agree
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0