Prayer for our our unsaved family and friends.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
But when he (the prodigal son) came to his senses,he said,'How many of my father's hired men have food to spare and here I am starving to death (He had left his father with an early inheritance and had gone his own way to live a life of wild living and ended up feeding pigs after he had spent all he had) 'I will set out and go back to my father and say to him,'Father I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be your son,make me like one of your hired men. So he got up and went to his father' (Luke 15:14-20) What did his father do when his father saw him from a long way off?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What did his father do when his father saw him from a long way off?
A particular favorite of many.

If my memory serves me correctly, compassion overtook the father, he rose up and ran to meet him in the lane and fell on his neck and kissed him and called for his servants to kill the fatted-calf and put a glorious robe on him and a ring on his finger and called for festivities of rejoicing to commence, for my son has come home, for he was once lost, but now he is found! Hallelujah!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A particular favorite of many.

If my memory serves me correctly, compassion overtook the father, he rose up and ran to meet him in the lane and fell on his neck and kissed him and called for his servants to kill the fatted-calf and put a glorious robe on him and a ring on his finger and called for festivities of rejoicing to commence, for my son has come home, for he was once lost, but now he is found! Hallelujah!
A wonderful passage, I particularly like the call to the servants to kill the fatted calf. Not lean bred calf with little fat, no plant based dinner. Real food! Wonderful stuff, pass the teabone steak.
Seriously though, a heart warming story of the love our Father has for us even when we stray afar, full of compassion,he is waiting for us to return to him. Thank you to our wonderful Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.