Seattle
✟25,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Long story short, my wife is not the woman I thought I married... We have been married for less than a year but its been an absolute disaster, emotionally, financially, and spiritually. Please pray for a change of heart in her and a healing to her mind and frankly... That the Lord would save her (she professed to be a Christian but bears no fruit whatsoever) and that the Lord would give me grace, forgive me for being an awful husband, and to fill my heart to love someone who is very hard to love. Frankly, I don't know how much more of this I can take. Please pray for love and perseverance and God's presence and healing in both our lives.

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bickering over boundaries is normal . Women sometimes allow men to push those boundaries because we’re sometimes socialized to do that . It’s uncomfortable to live like that . Feeling like we’re being ignored,or pushed into a corner, and walking on eggshells .

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Long story short, my wife is not the woman I thought I married... We have been married for less than a year but its been an absolute disaster, emotionally, financially, and spiritually. Please pray for a change of heart in her and a healing to her mind and frankly... That the Lord would save her (she professed to be a Christian but bears no fruit whatsoever) and that the Lord would give me grace, forgive me for being an awful husband, and to fill my heart to love someone who is very hard to love. Frankly, I don't know how much more of this I can take. Please pray for love and perseverance and God's presence and healing in both our lives.

Interesting. Are you sure you are the man she expected as well. Not trying to be smart just pointing out this typically goes both ways. As a husband we must love our wives as Christ loves the Church. Our wives should also fulfill their Biblical roles. Not sure what you mean by bearing fruit exactly but spiritual fruit is listed in Corinthians and includes but no limited to joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, meekness and so on. Treat your wife as you wish to be treated peppered with much grace and understanding. You never know what you may receive in return.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,283.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you mean get a divorce by saying dont know how much more you can take, dont allow your mind to go there.

Encourage you to watch "Marriage Today" Those televised programs are on Daystar. Plus their website marriagetoday.com/category/tv-episodes/ has probably 60 free episodes including "What a man really needs" and 'What a woman really needs" by Jimmy Evan's ministries. All teachings are Biblically based. Plus there's books, videos, etc.

There's hundreds on youtube.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for love and perseverance and God's presence and healing in both our lives.

We pray God that you will help save this marriage if it is your will. For intervention via 2 or 3 witnesses and counselors. That fishmansf will be able to make the right decisions according to your will. For healing and peace and restoration. In Jesus name, Amen.

Upvote 0

fishmansf

May 24, 2018
Seattle
✟25,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Bickering over boundaries is normal . Women sometimes allow men to push those boundaries because we’re sometimes socialized to do that . It’s uncomfortable to live like that . Feeling like we’re being ignored,or pushed into a corner, and walking on eggshells .
The thing is that it’s ME who always feels like I’m walking on eggshells. She’s quite verbally abusive and whenever I defend myself she gets even more ticked of and cusses and makes it a “poor me” scenario where she’s the victim.

Upvote 0

fishmansf

May 24, 2018
Seattle
✟25,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
We pray God that you will help save this marriage if it is your will. For intervention via 2 or 3 witnesses and counselors. That fishmansf will be able to make the right decisions according to your will. For healing and peace and restoration. In Jesus name, Amen.
Thank you, Paul. I greatly appreciate it!

Upvote 0

fishmansf

May 24, 2018
Seattle
✟25,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If you mean get a divorce by saying dont know how much more you can take, dont allow your mind to go there.

Encourage you to watch "Marriage Today" Their website marriagetoday.com/latest-tv-episodes/ Includes "What a man really needs" and 'What a woman really needs" Jimmy Evan's ministries. All teachings are Biblically based.
I know. I never want to go to divorce but to be honest I do think about separating myself from her. To continue to care and love for her but maybe move out and find my own place. I know that sort of defeats the point of marriage but to be honest, she has temperament issues and it’s very hard to live with. I will check out that ministry however.

Upvote 0

fishmansf

May 24, 2018
Seattle
✟25,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Interesting. Are you sure you are the man she expected as well. Not trying to be smart just pointing out this typically goes both ways. As a husband we must love our wives as Christ loves the Church. Our wives should also fulfill their Biblical roles. Not sure what you mean by bearing fruit exactly but spiritual fruit is listed in Corinthians and includes but no limited to joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, meekness and so on. Treat your wife as you wish to be treated peppered with much grace and understanding. You never know what you may receive in return.
The thing is she doesn’t care ANY of those fruits. She quite verbally abusive and, as stated in a previous reply, whenever I defend myself she plays the victim. She doesn’t respect me as the husband of the house, doesn’t respect my biblical role and as much as I try to mimic Christ my heart hurts more and more each time we speak because I’m walking on land mines not sure when the next one will explode. I need Gods Grace in this marriage!

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The thing is that it’s ME who always feels like I’m walking on eggshells. She’s quite verbally abusive and whenever I defend myself she gets even more ticked of and cusses and makes it a “poor me” scenario where she’s the victim.
sorry I forgot that some women are not nice .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fishmansf

May 24, 2018
Seattle
✟25,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
sorry I forgot that some women are not nice .
Hahahahah yea. I don’t mean to Poopoo my wife. There are times she is great and she is under a tremendous amount of stress but it still hurts.

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There must be something special about your wife that brought you two together. You are still in the adjustment period, you are still getting to know her habits, as she is getting to know your habits, each others strengths and weaknesses? You may find after awhile that you actually do like and love her?

Heavenly Father, may You grant fishmansf a tolerating and patient heart, a forgiving and loving heart as You help him to see the good side of his wife. Open up the lines of communication as You help them to come to some middle ground and see if they can work out their problems. I pray that You will bring them peace, and unity and some happiness they can share together, In Jesus Name, Amen

Maybe try treating her as special as when you first met, if that doesn't work, then maybe you may need to look at other options in the future, but for now putting your effort into staying together would be best,

Upvote 0

DLovingBrother

Jun 21, 2018
MidAtlantic
✟24,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with CaspianSails that your duty is to love your wife. Do not focus on giving up but focus on the other direction, perseverance. You can only do this with the help and power of the Holy Spirit. Maybe this is for your growth. Do not expect your wife to change but pray for it. Ask the Lord to be the salt and light in her life. Her spiritual fruit is an area you cannot go into, that is the Holy Spirit’s garden. Keep quiet when she is verbally abusive, that is how she gets your attention. But do not let it affect you. Just look at her and she what she will do next. She doesn’t respect your biblical role. She probably do not know this or does not accept this, but you can earn it, like being the spiritual rock as much as you can tolerate it. I will pray for you, your wife, and your marriage every day this week.

Upvote 0