Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Praying praying praying for yer precious dad, and for you too! What just came to mind is how very much God will pour His grace out on your family for YOUR sake, because you trust/trusted in Him against great odds, and how He never, ever forgets this, but LOVES to bless those and grant favor to those who TRUST in Him. He is still moooooooving on your behalf, precious sister in Christ and beloved daughter of the Most High God. His promises are TRUE and He LOVES you, precious. (((hug)))

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." ~Proverbs 3:5-6

"Commit thy way unto the Lord: trust also in Him: and He shall bring it to pass." ~Proverbs 37:5

"And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee" ~Psalm 9:10

"He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD." ~Psalm 112:7

"For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. " ~II Chronicles 16:9

Last edited:
Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,629,086.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Continuing in prayer for the salvation of dad, in Jesus name, Amen!

animated_candle.gif%7Ec200

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you so much you guys!!!

Satan is so sly in his tactics - he is throwing a lot at my family at the moment in terms of distractions (my health/work/home etc) in order to take time away from me being able to see how dad is doing.

I'm so feeling all your prayers and once again humbly thank you all for your support.

God bless you all abundantly :hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was wondering if someone can stand in agreement with me these next few days.

I feel that it is of no mistake that out of us kids, me - the believer - is so ill right now that I cannot visit my dad in hospital due to the current flu scare. I've woken this morning still thick with a cold. They definitely won't let me onto his ward to visit him today.

My dad was rushed to hospital on Christmas Eve non responsive with a bad kidney infection. He has dementia and at 80 we all thought that he was going to die.

I had a mild cold on Monday then had a sore throat Tuesday, Christmas Eve I was able to make it to ER to see him and he responded to hearing my voice but was still semi-conscious. When I had to leave it was the most I saw him move :(. He settled when I said I would come back to see him on Christmas Day. I was too ill to see him yesterday. :(

I've been praying that the Lord keeps him alive until he gets saved or at the very least he hears the good news during just one lucid moment before he slips away. So far, he has been stabilised and is responding well to the antibiotics - I'm now just working on getting well enough to visit him again.

Please pray that those caring for him know the Lord, that one nurse, one porter, one doctor can quietly sing to him, talk to him, share with him the gospel in such a way that he can reconsider his decision to reject the Lord.

Pray that the Lord surrounds him with His ministering angels to encourage him to hold on.

It's heavy on my heart to see him in the next few days. Could you guys pray that the Lord will heal me enough to be allowed onto the ward to see him. I've regained my voice but my head feels as though someone has hit it with a hammer.

God bless and thanks.
Hi All,

I haven't posted for quite a long time but just wanted to let the saints know who have been praying for my dad since 2014, that he lasted a further 3 years with being surrounded by family members and staff who know the Lord. After his long battle with dementia and sickness he passed away last Friday.

I was able to be with him at that moment and pray over him. I have been asking the Lord during this whole time to lift that veil of deception over his eyes and ears so that he would hear the Gospel and be saved before he left this earth.

As I drove over to be with him in his death I asked the Lord to show me some kind of confirmation that he was saved before he went. So as I said my last good byes I reminded my dad about the conversation I had with him about 5 years ago where I said to him that he could even call on the Name of the Lord on his death bed and he would be saved. On the day of his death I again reminded dad that even though he was incapable to speak he could accept Jesus in his heart and he would be saved. It was at this point that a tear left my father's eye, he seemed to develop a peace and he then gave up his spirit.

Though I may never know whether he made that decision or not until we all go to be with the Lord, when I get upset, when I cry out to the Lord, Jesus'peace fills my heart and I am reminded of that tear together with the recollection of my prayer way back when I made this first OP that my dad would not yet leave this earth until he got saved.

Folks if I could just ask for prayers for the family and may I also thank you guys again for keeping the family strengthened by prayer.

God bless you

LP

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi All,

I haven't posted for quite a long time but just wanted to let the saints know who have been praying for my dad since 2014, that he lasted a further 3 years with being surrounded by family members and staff who know the Lord. After his long battle with dementia and sickness he passed away last Friday.

I was able to be with him at that moment and pray over him. I have been asking the Lord during this whole time to lift that veil of deception over his eyes and ears so that he would hear the Gospel and be saved before he left this earth.

As I drove over to be with him in his death I asked the Lord to show me some kind of confirmation that he was saved before he went. So as I said my last good byes I reminded my dad about the conversation I had with him about 5 years ago where I said to him that he could even call on the Name of the Lord on his death bed and he would be saved. On the day of his death I again reminded dad that even though he was incapable to speak he could accept Jesus in his heart and he would be saved. It was at this point that a tear left my father's eye, he seemed to develop a peace and he then gave up his spirit.

Though I may never know whether he made that decision or not until we all go to be with the Lord, when I get upset, when I cry out to the Lord, Jesus'peace fills my heart and I am reminded of that tear together with the recollection of my prayer way back when I made this first OP that my dad would not yet leave this earth until he got saved.

Folks if I could just ask for prayers for the family and may I also thank you guys again for keeping the family strengthened by prayer.

God bless you

LP

:heart: Precious, dear friend and sister, i believe that God has given you that confirmation and that He has confirmed and sealed that confirmation with His peace that He poured into you. He is good. The tear that your precious father shed could be none other than that confirmation.

It was different circumstances for me, when my father died. He was estranged from the family, and he died alone, of smoke inhalation, and we only found out how he died after the fact. Yet, i believe with every bit of my being that God IS faithful, and that my alcoholic dad, in his last moments of breath in his body and consciousness that he grabbed the extended hand of God's grace and that in his grabbing God's hand extended, that God snatched him from sure destruction. It is settled in my heart and mind and spirit that i will indeed see my dad in heaven, where there are no more tears, no more devastation, and where there is a celebration.

Praying for you, dear heart, at this time of loss, and for your precious family. Thank you for the update, my dear friend. (((hug)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
:heart: Precious, dear friend and sister, i believe that God has given you that confirmation and that He has confirmed and sealed that confirmation with His peace that He poured into you. He is good. The tear that your precious father shed could be none other than that confirmation.

It was different circumstances for me, when my father died. He was estranged from the family, and he died alone, of smoke inhalation, and we only found out how he died after the fact. Yet, i believe with every bit of my being that God IS faithful, and that my alcoholic dad, in his last moments of breath in his body and consciousness that he grabbed the extended hand of God's grace and that in his grabbing God's hand extended, that God snatched him from sure destruction. It is settled in my heart and mind and spirit that i will indeed see my dad in heaven, where there are no more tears, no more devastation, and where there is a celebration.

Praying for you, dear heart, at this time of loss, and for your precious family. Thank you for the update, my dear friend. (((hug)))
My dear dear sister and friend,

Thank you so much for your prayers and your post. I too believe that your dad will see you in heaven and that the Lord holds true to His Word that His hand of grace extends to those like our dads.

I was due to be back in work today but it was just alittle too soon for me.

Bless you sis as always (((hug)))

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My dear dear sister and friend,

Thank you so much for your prayers and your post. I too believe that your dad will see you in heaven and that the Lord holds true to His Word that His hand of grace extends to those like our dads.

I was due to be back in work today but it was just alittle too soon for me.

Bless you sis as always (((hug)))

:heart: It is settled in my heart and soul that your father and mine are safely in the presence of our heavenly Father. Praying for you dear heart, and all the family at this time of loss and grief, and praying that God intervenes by His inexplicable grace, to carry you through the most difficult of moments, now, and in the days and months ahead. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0