Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I met an elderly woman in the store today who's husband passed away and is unable to drive.

I feel like it was God who caused my meeting this woman, because all events seemingly lined up like ducks in a row and resulted in this meeting.

At any rate, she's no family here to help her, and to go to the store and run any errands she's paying a woman 50 dollars once a week to take her to do these necessities. (Why any human being would charge an elderly woman such a sum to help her a little is beyond me.)

So any rate although I am disabled I offered my husband and I to take her to do various things if she needed. We exchanged information at the store, and as soon as my pain levels are calmer in a day or two I figured we would stop by her house - perhaps with a dessert or something nice - to sit and talk more, and so that she has opportunity to meet and talk to my husband more since there will definitely be times I wouldn't be able to come along.

I would just ask for prayer for this woman who finds herself alone and without any help in her old age (save those who would take advantage of her)...

And pray for my husband and I that we are able to be for this woman what He would have us to be in Christ.

Thank you.

MikeinSeattle

Looking for believers to pray with. Message me.
Mar 22, 2019
Seattle
✟34,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I met an elderly woman in the store today who's husband passed away and is unable to drive.

I feel like it was God who caused my meeting this woman, because all events seemingly lined up like ducks in a row and resulted in this meeting.

At any rate, she's no family here to help her, and to go to the store and run any errands she's paying a woman 50 dollars once a week to take her to do these necessities. (Why any human being would charge an elderly woman such a sum to help her a little is beyond me.)

So any rate although I am disabled I offered my husband and I to take her to do various things if she needed. We exchanged information at the store, and as soon as my pain levels are calmer in a day or two I figured we would stop by her house - perhaps with a dessert or something nice - to sit and talk more, and so that she has opportunity to meet and talk to my husband more since there will definitely be times I wouldn't be able to come along.

I would just ask for prayer for this woman who finds herself alone and without any help in her old age (save those who would take advantage of her)...

And pray for my husband and I that we are able to be for this woman what He would have us to be in Christ.

Thank you.

May God heal you from your pain and all your problems keeping you from being more active!

And may you your husband and the woman you speak of have sweet fellowship at all times and may the joy of the Lord be your strength!

In Jesus Mighty Name!

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0