Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Both look good to me. The Treasury of Daily Prayer is more expensive but it has Luther's small Catechism in it, and daily Scripture readings.
I might purchase that one if you already don't have Luther's small catechism. I like that it has everything in it.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The Lutheran Prayer Companion is the most complete and useful prayer book I own and I own a few of them! (Blessed be God, Valley of Vision, Book of Common Prayer, 1928 & 1962, St. Augustine's Prayer book, Lutheran Book of Prayer, Orthodox Prayer, Piercing Heaven, etc)

Sections include: Prayer Preparation - Morning and Evening Benediction - Table Prayers - Prayers for Every Day of the Week - Times and Occasions - Vocation - Intercession - Repentance, Confession and Communion - Catechism - Weather - Cross and Tribulation - Praise and Thanksgiving - Sickness and Dying.

If you want a prayer book look no further, this title has everything in once place.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
For reference, I also really love the book Reading the Psalms with Luther as both a prayer book and devotional.
I bought a copy and agree...working through it now. The quality is amazing.
20230802_200910.jpg

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,591.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Some others that are useful; Starke's prayer book, Lutheran Prayer Brotherhood prayer book (I have yet to pick one up), Monastic Diurnal. The only one of these I don't have is the Brotherhood book. I also have TDP and it is likely the easiest to use. The Diurnal is small and travels well.

Upvote 0