-
✟24,879.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please help... I have had a bout of awful anorexia. I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I asked for prayer a year ago for my illness, (CFS/ME). The Lord healed me, but after that I started fasting too often, and got very underweight. Now I'm being tempted by the devil terribly, and am suffering constant night terrors, and struggles with overeating. I can't stop eating... This past month I struggled greatly. Please help. Thank you dear brothers and sisters.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God bless you! Do carbs tempt you? If I eat something sweet I start craving sweets. Today I ate an entire pie but left the graham cracker crust because it was sweeter than the filling.

I don't think you should fast because it isn't good for everyone. But don't have all that food available. I'd be in worse shape if I had more food in my house.

I'll be praying for you.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I am just the opposite, the more I have the less I eat. I think because if there is so much to eat I don't know what to pick so I just don't pick anything, lol.
I will pray for you but I hope you can see a doc as there are improvements in treatment in this day and age.
I have had night terrors in the past but noticed that some meds make them worse. Such as blood pressure meds.
Blessings

Reactions: PeacefulHope
Upvote 0

Melody Suttles

SingPeace
Supporter
Sep 22, 2018
Atlanta
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Please help... I have had a bout of awful anorexia. I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I asked for prayer a year ago for my illness, (CFS/ME). The Lord healed me, but after that I started fasting too often, and got very underweight. Now I'm being tempted by the devil terribly, and am suffering constant night terrors, and struggles with overeating. I can't stop eating... This past month I struggled greatly. Please help. Thank you dear brothers and sisters.

Hi Peaceful.
I remember praying for you a year or so ago. I'm sorry for the recurrence of your illness, but am so very proud of you, too. Because you seem to consistently reach out to your spiritual family for support. I am happy to pray.

Father Yahweh, I know that You see your daughter and I ask that You reveal to Peaceful just how much You love her and that You have not forgotten or forsaken her. Yahweh, we love your name... Father... and your Word. I thank You for your promise in Jeremiah 17, “But blessed is the one (the daughter), who trusts in the LORD, and makes the LORD her hope and confidence! She will be like a tree planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. She will not fear when the heat and drought come. Her leaves stay green, and she will continuously produce fruit! . . . O LORD, if you heal your daughter, then she will be truly healed; if you save her from this compulsion, she will be truly rescued!"

Lord, where else shall weakness find unfailing strength, or sorrow, adequate consolation, or hope, certain fulfillment, or fear, a safe hiding-place? Peaceful Hope - because she trusts You - sends her roots into You! Be faithful to her as You have promised!

I thank You, Lord Jesus, Yeshua! You are our Healer. Thank You for the immovable and finished work on the cross! In Your precious and wonderful name! Amen and Amen and Amen!

Finally my CF friend, 'just to affirm what you already know . . . you are set upon by a powerful compulsion to feel like you have some real sense of or kind of control in your life.

Here is my hope for you - a positive compulsion that I suggest you seek God's guidance for. This short article puts my thoughts into words well, and the link is at the bottom.
You are loved!

Bible verses about Compulsion to Preach the Gospel (From Forerunner Commentary)
1 Corinthians 9:16

Notice the attitude with which Paul presents his message here: He says that he had a need to preach the gospel, that "necessity is laid upon me." He is saying, "I've got to preach this. And if I don't, I'd better hide under a rock somewhere." His approach to preaching the gospel was that lightning could strike at any time if he stopped preaching it. Remember how Jesus started this apostle's ministry—by blinding him out in the middle of the road to Damascus! What Jesus did made quite an impression on him. Paul probably thought about that often—and about what would happen if he stopped doing the charge that had been laid upon him.

So, a true minister feels a compulsion to preach the gospel. On the flip-side, he feels a certain doom if he does not. He feels as though, if he tried anything else, he would be a fish out of water. In him would be an emptiness that was not being filled because the ministry of Jesus Christ is a calling. To a true minister of God, it is not just a job done for a paycheck, but a vocation that he feels compelled to do because the truth must be preached. The information cannot remain in his mind. Uncommunicated knowledge and understanding of God's way is absolutely useless to anybody else; it cannot help anybody take even one step along the road to the Kingdom of God. This is why God gives ministers mouths to speak.

Paul calls it "the foolishness of preaching" (I Corinthians 1:21, KJV), but God accomplishes a great deal through it. The serious, devoted servant of Jesus Christ must do it. He just must! It is almost like a man who has just walked out of the desert and has not had anything to eat or drink. He feels compelled, obviously, to find something to satisfy his need—particularly to drink. A true minister of God feels this way if he has not preached the truth in a long while. A "pressure" builds up after a time, and if it is not released, it explodes. The truth must be passed on because a compulsion from God Himself drives a true minister to speak the truth.

This may be dramatizing it a bit, but there is a feeling in a true minister's gut to let other people know the truth that he has been given to preach. In a true minister of God, the truth will out, to borrow a line from Shakespeare.

On the other hand, what does the minister get out of it? What does Paul say that he got from it? In verse 18, he says that, when he preached the truth, other people were helped. He was able to preach the gospel in love, without charge. He did not need anything for it personally because he was driven from the inside—not the outside. Thus, it made him feel good—it relieved that God-sent pressure and gave him the satisfaction that he had done his job.

Richard T. Ritenbaugh
Itching Ears

Compulsion to Preach the Gospel (Forerunner Commentary)

You are loved!

Upvote 0

PeacefulHope

God is our refuge and strength
Jun 22, 2017
-
✟24,879.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Melody Suttles
Thank you for this beautiful message. As a woman I believe it isn't my place to preach or to teach the Lord's gospel, but I do try meekly to speak to people in my everyday life. God bless you in truth. Thank you so much for your loving prayers.

• Friendly
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Melody Suttles

SingPeace
Supporter
Sep 22, 2018
Atlanta
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
@Melody Suttles
Thank you for this beautiful message. As a woman I believe it isn't my place to preach or to teach the Lord's gospel, but I do try meekly to speak to people in my everyday life. God bless you in truth. Thank you so much for your loving prayers.

Of course, I understand completely your convictions. As a woman and a Christian you have much to offer other women the Lord leads across your path - simply being a woman of godly wisdom and comfort - able to teach younger women how to grow in Grace. You are already so blessed! Stay strong! Keep getting stronger!

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,072,917.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have no way to know in your case but sometimes eating disorders are related to some kind of trauma in the past, maybe abuse suffered as a child. Therefore my first prayer is that, if such is the case for you, that you will be healed and restored.

I also pray for you to be freed from any eating disorders.

Upvote 0

GraceTruthLove

Christian
Apr 26, 2014
✟35,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Your status message really stuck out to me: "God is our refuge and strength." I feel led to tell you that God is your refuge and strength right now! He has not abandoned you in the midst of this, and He will not let you fall! "Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault." Jude 1:24

Lord, please help Peaceful through this time. Please heal her body and mind. I pray that she would find other believers who, with the greatest compassion and belief, will pray over her for her healing and deliverance. Lord, you have healed her before and I know you will do it again. Please let her know and feel a greater measure of your love and strength during this time. Please heal her of this issue once and for all, so that Satan can never use it as a foothold again! Amen.

This sounds pretty scary - sinking back into something where you feel you have no control and you're not sure what will happen next. You worry about going deeper, and how you will get out of the issue this time. Please know He who is in you is greater and stronger than what besets you now. We are praying for you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums