Lead Hill
✟62,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to put something on your heart today that perhaps you may not even have really thought about it?
It is something so very important and yet you don't often hear because it's hardly mentioned.

I am speaking of regular intercessory prayer for your minister.

Your Pastor is under tremendous stress, I don't care who he is. It is simple, If he is pastoring a church or is a chaplain for a certain facility or both, He is under enormous pressure 24/7

Many people come to church and they get spiritually fed Sunday after Sunday, and then they go merrily on their way home and never stop to consider the warfare that their pastor goes through to bring these messages and perform all the duties that is required of him.
quietly he goes about his duties and does his rounds.
Always smiling and showing love.

He visits those in the hospital regularly
"even when he is sick" He is still on duty. --24/7

He is a counselor and is up at 2 am talking to a distressed person or family, Maybe meeting in town at midnight for coffee too share hope with someone suicidal or hurting.

His cell phone is his life line and he takes every single call and every text.
[Even on his deer stand, When he gets to go.]

He loves his congregation with all of his heart and he prays earnestly for God to speak through him as he stands weekly before these precious people that he loves with all of his heart and delivers what he always hopes to be a worthy sermon that will inspire.

He is a warrior, Going to battle against the unseen powers and principalities fighting all through the week that try to tear apart the ministry and steal his study time.
The very time he needs to study and mentally prepare his message.
He spends as much time as he can on his knees praying for people, The church, The community and country.

let me ask you something?

Who does your pastor go to when he is hurting?
Who does a pastor or chaplain go see when he needs some encouragement?
A recent poll shows that 70% of pastors are facing depression.
70% do not have someone they consider a close friend and 40% report serious conflict with a parishioner at least once a month.

He is always in the spot light and everyone in the community is watching him, So when something drastic happens in his life or family, People seem to think "well he is the pastor" So he has a direct link to God or something and he doesn't hurt like everyone else?

WRONG

Pastors and chaplains are simply human, Humans that have a desire and calling to minister God's Word placed upon their hearts.
They hurt just like you do, They make mistakes, They misunderstand sometimes, and they have feelings just like you do.
Yes even some sins to contend with themselves.

Please pray for your pastor whoever he is, because he needs this above all else.
Build him up in the Lord and surround him with prayer warriors and armor bearers.

I always pray for you. You are just human like the rest of us. You face the same hardships. So I do pray for you, more than you know. We Love you!

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I always pray for you. You are just human like the rest of us. You face the same hardships. So I do pray for you, more than you know. We Love you!
I know you do :) and I love you guys too. That is why I am so very blessed to have the people I do that are real and full of a love that is truly sincere.
Most churches would be lucky to have a group like ours that goes above and beyond and I could only wish that other pastors were as blessed as I have been.
Bless you Sister

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Was this thread moved, as it seems to be in Full and Part-Time ministry vs. Christian advice?

This thread brings up a point concerning single vs. married pastors. Anyone know of any resources...books, groups, etc....that specifically focus on single pastors?

It was moved and I forgot to put the mod hat announcing that :)

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wanted to put something on your heart today that perhaps you may not even have really thought about it?
It is something so very important and yet you don't often hear because it's hardly mentioned.

I am speaking of regular intercessory prayer for your minister.

Your Pastor is under tremendous stress, I don't care who he is. It is simple, If he is pastoring a church or is a chaplain for a certain facility or both, He is under enormous pressure 24/7

Many people come to church and they get spiritually fed Sunday after Sunday, and then they go merrily on their way home and never stop to consider the warfare that their pastor goes through to bring these messages and perform all the duties that is required of him.
quietly he goes about his duties and does his rounds.
Always smiling and showing love.

He visits those in the hospital regularly
"even when he is sick" He is still on duty. --24/7

He is a counselor and is up at 2 am talking to a distressed person or family, Maybe meeting in town at midnight for coffee too share hope with someone suicidal or hurting.

His cell phone is his life line and he takes every single call and every text.
[Even on his deer stand, When he gets to go.]

He loves his congregation with all of his heart and he prays earnestly for God to speak through him as he stands weekly before these precious people that he loves with all of his heart and delivers what he always hopes to be a worthy sermon that will inspire.

He is a warrior, Going to battle against the unseen powers and principalities fighting all through the week that try to tear apart the ministry and steal his study time.
The very time he needs to study and mentally prepare his message.
He spends as much time as he can on his knees praying for people, The church, The community and country.

let me ask you something?

Who does your pastor go to when he is hurting?
Who does a pastor or chaplain go see when he needs some encouragement?
A recent poll shows that 70% of pastors are facing depression.
70% do not have someone they consider a close friend and 40% report serious conflict with a parishioner at least once a month.

He is always in the spot light and everyone in the community is watching him, So when something drastic happens in his life or family, People seem to think "well he is the pastor" So he has a direct link to God or something and he doesn't hurt like everyone else?

WRONG

Pastors and chaplains are simply human, Humans that have a desire and calling to minister God's Word placed upon their hearts.
They hurt just like you do, They make mistakes, They misunderstand sometimes, and they have feelings just like you do.
Yes even some sins to contend with themselves.

Please pray for your pastor whoever he is, because he needs this above all else.
Build him up in the Lord and surround him with prayer warriors and armor bearers.

Amen brother.

Upvote 0

Mhiriam

Dec 29, 2018
Melbourne
✟19,203.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Celibate
I get a bit protective of my boys (Vicar and two curates) - I tend to tell them off when I know they've been doing more than they should and are getting too tired. The vicar does the same to me, so fair dos.
I agree, they need not only prayer but all the help you can give.

Upvote 0