California
✟23,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi group I'm asking for prayers I been having some weird witchcraft dreams and suspect people are sending curses towards me. Today I received a phone that I was unjustly fired from my job. I prayed but I need someone to stand in agreement with me to make 10,000 flee. I feel so powerless because Im praying but still am being attacked. I do not know how to stop the enemy from throwing these darts. I have found myself backsliding last week listening to secular music, I havent been praying as much as I was for protection and been on facebook and watching alot of reality tv. To many it may seem like a normal way of life but my spiritual inclination is that it brought my hedge of protection down. Im tightening myself back up but its hard having to juggle life, balance being a new Christian, and dealing with people that are against me. I dont know what to do tired of them attacking me like this.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,164,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi group I'm asking for prayers I been having some weird witchcraft dreams and suspect people are sending curses towards me. Today I received a phone that I was unjustly fired from my job. I prayed but I need someone to stand in agreement with me to make 10,000 flee. I feel so powerless because Im praying but still am being attacked. I do not know how to stop the enemy from throwing these darts. I have found myself backsliding last week listening to secular music, I havent been praying as much as I was for protection and been on facebook and watching alot of reality tv. To many it may seem like a normal way of life but my spiritual inclination is that it brought my hedge of protection down. Im tightening myself back up but its hard having to juggle life, balance being a new Christian, and dealing with people that are against me. I dont know what to do tired of them attacking me like this.

The wonderful and powerful prayer Christ gave us to pray in Matthew chapter 6 is also for such situations as this! We are in this prayer asking for key things we need in the most crucial ways. Because the words are from Him, no less, you can believe as you pray that you are asking for what is in perfect alignment to God's will, and therefore have total faith, belief, that what you ask for in this prayer, subtle and deep and important things, will be given to you! Hallelujah!

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 6:5-15 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Mark 11:22-25 - New International Version

Bible Gateway passage: Romans 8:38-39 - New International Version

"So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ." Dwell in His words, and be safe in the way that counts, inside.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Praying for the enemy to stop attacking is basically pointless. God's Word doesn't lead us to do that. God's Word teaches us that we are in a continual warfare, and battles will keep coming. What God tells us to do is put on the battle armor (Ephesians 6:10-20). Our war will not be over until physical death or the rapture. God's war with the enemy will not be over until after Satan is cast in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:10). In the next life we still will return with Christ to reign with Him for a 1,000 years, so we may also be warring in that life as well.
The secret is not avoiding being attacked, but being prepared and dressed for the attack. A martial artist may not want to be attack, and may try to avoid attack, but they are trained to be able to defend themselves against attack. God gives us sufficient defense if we will avail ourselves of it. Philippians 4:6-8.

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2018
California
✟23,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Praying for the enemy to stop attacking is basically pointless. God's Word doesn't lead us to do that. God's Word teaches us that we are in a continual warfare, and battles will keep coming. What God tells us to do is put on the battle armor (Ephesians 6:10-20). Our war will not be over until physical death or the rapture. God's war with the enemy will not be over until after Satan is cast in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:10). In the next life we still will return with Christ to reign with Him for a 1,000 years, so we may also be warring in that life as well.
The secret is not avoiding being attacked, but being prepared and dressed for the attack. A martial artist may not want to be attack, and may try to avoid attack, but they are trained to be able to defend themselves against attack. God gives us sufficient defense if we will avail ourselves of it. Philippians 4:6-8.

How do you exactly put on the armor of God? Ive read the scripture but it still confuses me. Are there examples you can give to better help me understand this application?

Also if we as Christians cannot stop attacks how do we avoid them? or be prepared for them? For example some attacks just come out of the blue there really isn't a warning to it but you can feel and know that it is a spiritual causation to it while other people may simply suggest it as a coincidence

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ephesians 6:10-20 V. 14 speaks of putting on the belt of truth. Colossians 3:9 says "Lie not one to another...."
Commit yourself to being honest with everyone, and if the Holy Spirit convicts you of dishonesty, or you are tempted to be dishonest, ask Gods forgiveness or strength not to give in to the temptation, and be honest.
Eph 6:14, breastplate of righteousness: Know from God's Word what is right, and do what is right, whether society agrees with it or not. Confess and forsake all known sin that you may be doing. Let the Holy Spirit lead You and bring back to your remembrance what you have read in the Bible.
V. 15 feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. Be alert for opportunities to share your faith and the gospel with other people.
V. 16...the shield of faith. Faith comes by trusting the Word of God (Romans 10:17). Apply the Word to Your daily living. If it says to think on good things, stop thinking on bad things, watching bad media, and start thinking on good things, Philippians 4:8. If it says resist the devil, submit yourself to God (James 4:7), do it. Don't be led by society, people, media, natural desire to sin.
V. 17 take the helmet of salvation. Don't doubt your salvation. Remember you are an eternally saved one, if you have called on Jesus to save you.
"and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" Live according to the Bible, in it's proper context, as it is directed to the Christian today.
V. 18 Praying...in the Spirit. Ask God to help you pray the way He would lead you and have you to pray. Ask Him for help in praying.
You can avoid attacks by submitting to the world, the flesh, and the devil. Why would the enemy attack if you are submitting to it. Of course this is not what God wants you to do. Prepare for the attack by knowing that in Christ, dressed in God's provided armor, God in you is superior to the attack. Read in the Bible to hear and draw near to God. Ask Him to guide your thoughts and actions through the day. Say "No" to the enemy's leading, and "Yes" to God's leading. Romans 6:11-14. Keep thinking of God's Word through the Day (Joshua 1:8-9; 1 Thessalonians 5:17). Memorize certain scriptures to meditate on in the day, and to apply, and allow God to speak to You through. This above should get you on the right track if you apply it.

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2018
California
✟23,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ephesians 6:10-20 V. 14 speaks of putting on the belt of truth. Colossians 3:9 says "Lie not one to another...."
Commit yourself to being honest with everyone, and if the Holy Spirit convicts you of dishonesty, or you are tempted to be dishonest, ask Gods forgiveness or strength not to give in to the temptation, and be honest.
Eph 6:14, breastplate of righteousness: Know from God's Word what is right, and do what is right, whether society agrees with it or not. Confess and forsake all known sin that you may be doing. Let the Holy Spirit lead You and bring back to your remembrance what you have read in the Bible.
V. 15 feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. Be alert for opportunities to share your faith and the gospel with other people.
V. 16...the shield of faith. Faith comes by trusting the Word of God (Romans 10:17). Apply the Word to Your daily living. If it says to think on good things, stop thinking on bad things, watching bad media, and start thinking on good things, Philippians 4:8. If it says resist the devil, submit yourself to God (James 4:7), do it. Don't be led by society, people, media, natural desire to sin.
V. 17 take the helmet of salvation. Don't doubt your salvation. Remember you are an eternally saved one, if you have called on Jesus to save you.
"and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" Live according to the Bible, in it's proper context, as it is directed to the Christian today.
V. 18 Praying...in the Spirit. Ask God to help you pray the way He would lead you and have you to pray. Ask Him for help in praying.
You can avoid attacks by submitting to the world, the flesh, and the devil. Why would the enemy attack if you are submitting to it. Of course this is not what God wants you to do. Prepare for the attack by knowing that in Christ, dressed in God's provided armor, God in you is superior to the attack. Read in the Bible to hear and draw near to God. Ask Him to guide your thoughts and actions through the day. Say "No" to the enemy's leading, and "Yes" to God's leading. Romans 6:11-14. Keep thinking of God's Word through the Day (Joshua 1:8-9; 1 Thessalonians 5:17). Memorize certain scriptures to meditate on in the day, and to apply, and allow God to speak to You through. This above should get you on the right track if you apply it.

You're saying the enemy does not attack those that are already submitted to the world and flesh? My opinion is I he still attacks them but they are blinded...so they right them off as coincidences or "thats just the way life is". There are people that do not live a righteous life and lead themselves down dark roads such as drugs and sexual immoralities I would view as attacks to keep them blinded. In the past I was dealing in the occult, the enemy would strategically place people in my life that he used to keep me in bondage. The people I met in the beginning only practiced things such a fortune telling and gave advice but still claimed to know Christ (lies). Eventually I started meeting people that worshipped other gods, practitioners of witchcraft although at the time I did not know some of them were witches we met on other terms. The devil is ALWAYS at work. I was attacked by witchcraft when I was not living right but it took that in itself to wake me up and say "hey" this stuff is really real. I was pinned up against the wall all I knew what everything that I was using to protect me from Paganism was not working but making it worst. I got on my knees and prayed to God, crying, begging! I still was being attacked and still am now but the attacks are not as frequent as they were. I've learned that prayer to the Lord is so powerful. I've learned to pray for those that attack me. However, now that I see it I do not think I would have started a journey to know Christ ever if I had not been a victim of witchcraft.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,093,506.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I pray for you freedom an for all to turn out well.

As for demonic oppression I will give some suggestions. I hope they help! First, watch out for any media - books, t.v. (which is most all of it), music, whatever. They often have ungodly messages in them. Those kinds of things can attract evil spirits from what I have researched.

2nd, here is a form of spiritual warfare which has helped those in the Bible, and me personally. Singing praise songs! David gave Saul relief from evil spirits that way. Paul and Silas got out of prison, miraculously, that way. King Jehoshaphat saw enemy armies coming against Israel in overwhelming numbers. His priests went out before the enemy hoards doing nothing but carrying the Ark (and the Ark, Yahushuah, aka Jesus, is in you) and sang praise songs. The result? The enemy armies turned on one another, killed every last one of themselves, and the Israelites had 3 days of booty to pick up from the field!

Once I worked in a place which I began to believe was filled with people who were into "the dark side." (There may indeed be some such in your life, in the background, as they are getting more numerous all the time.) Sometimes at night I would have these strange visions in my head and other forms of what seemed like demonic oppression.

I prayed to know what to do. I was told to hum Christian songs. Singing is maybe better, but I was in bed! This worked totally. I had to repeat it with future attacks, but eventually the attacks stopped.

Now, as someone trained as a speech/language pathologist I worry about things called vocal nodules, sometimes called singers' nodules. So, if you decide to try to praise singing, I would say to sing softly or you can get blisters on your vocal cords which will make your voice hoarse and be problematic generally. Soft singing works just as well as loud singing!

I would also say that if a song says "He is holy..." or "He is the light of the world..." or whatever that you can train yourself to be more directly in contact with the Almighty and sing "YOU are holy...YOU are the light of the world..." etc. If by any chance you have the gift of speaking in tongues btw, that works great too. You can sing in tongues.

(The Bible says there is a kind of tongues that "no man understands" where you "speak unto the Father." Tongues are a wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit.)

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
Be our protection against the wickedness & snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
Thrust into Hell Satan & all the evil spirits who prowl about the world, seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums