Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
When you pray, do you pray with your lips or your mind.

Do you pray in silence, in the depths of your mind?

I often wonder which is the most fruitful way of praying. Are we meant to open our lips and pray in voice?

Reactions: brinny

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, -Eph 6:18​

All prayer there is pasis, meaning "every kind" of prayer. The critical thing is to pray "in the spirit", so it's whatever the spirit leads you to pray, however He leads you to pray it. Most of my prayers are in my soul, and I find that works. But when I pray aloud I find extraordinary power there. But I don't force myself to pray aloud when I feel comfortable praying within. Either way God hears us, but sometimes it's better that we enunciate our prayers. Jesus says to "speak" to the mountain.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Both. God "sees" our heart, and i'm thankful, because "words" sometimes are just inexpressible, or i'm overwhelmed and cannot find or express the words. He knows my heart at those times.

I'm thankful He does.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I sometimes think that maybe i should pray with my lips as maybe God will hear me better.

I do feel lazy though so generally pray in the mind. I usually always keep yawning when i pray with the lips! That is frustrating.

Upvote 0