Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"With full confidence in the continuance of that candor and generous indulgence from my fellow-citizens at large which I have heretofore experienced, and with a firm reliance on the protection of Almighty God, I shall forthwith commence the duties of the high trust to which you have called me.” President James Monroe
https://ourlostfounding.com/james-monroe-fervent-prayers-and-firm-reliance/

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christopher Columbus "It was the Lord who put into my mind (I could feel His hand upon me) the fact that it would be possible to sail from there to the Indies. All who heard of my project rejected it with laughter, ridiculing me. There is no question that the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit, because he comforted me with rays of marvelous illumination from the Holy Scriptures … encouraging me to continually to press forward and without ceasing for a moment they now encourage me make haste."

Our Lord Jesus desired to perform a very obvious miracle in the voyage to the Indies, to comfort me and the whole people of God. I spent seven years in the royal court, discussing the matter with many persons of great reputation and wisdom in all the arts; and in the end they concluded that it was all foolishness, so they gave it up. …"
No one should fear to undertake any task in the name of our Savior, if it is just and if the intention is purely for His holy service. The working out of all things has been assigned to each person by our Lord, but it all happens according to His sovereign will even though He gives advice. He lacks nothing that it is in the power of men to give him. Oh what a gracious Lord, who desires that people should perform for Him those things for which He holds Himself responsible! Day and night moment by moment, everyone should express to Him their most devoted gratitude. …"
Christopher Columbus in his own words

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Christopher Columbus "It was the Lord who put into my mind (I could feel His hand upon me) the fact that it would be possible to sail from there to the Indies. All who heard of my project rejected it with laughter, ridiculing me. There is no question that the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit, because he comforted me with rays of marvelous illumination from the Holy Scriptures … encouraging me to continually to press forward and without ceasing for a moment they now encourage me make haste."

Our Lord Jesus desired to perform a very obvious miracle in the voyage to the Indies, to comfort me and the whole people of God. I spent seven years in the royal court, discussing the matter with many persons of great reputation and wisdom in all the arts; and in the end they concluded that it was all foolishness, so they gave it up. …" Christopher Columbus in his own words

:heart: Thank you for this precious account of Christopher Columbus' faith in our unwavering God, Who guided him, against all odds.

Praise God.

Praying and thanking God for His Providence in the past, and now in the present, and in the future. He is GOOD. We can TRUST Him and His prompting and His steadying Hand, guiding us. He is FAITHFUL.

Praying. (((hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"I only look to the gracious protection of the Divine Being whose strengthening support I humbly solicit, and whom I fervently pray to look down upon us all. May it be among the dispensations of His Providence to bless our beloved country with honors and with length of days; may her ways beways of pleasantness, and all her paths be peace.”

"The atonement of Jesus Christ is the only remedy and rest for my soul.”
President Martin Van Buren
Martin Van Buren | Exploring Leadership Soulutions

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
President John Tyler -" John Tyler's first act was to proclaim a National Day of Fasting and Prayer, in which he stated: "When a Christian people feel themselves to be overtaken by a great public calamity, it becomes them to humble themselves under the dispensation of Divine Providence, to recognize His righteous government over the children of men...and to supplicate His merciful protection for the future."

"In his 4th Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1844, President John Tyler stated: "The guaranty of religious freedom, of the freedom of the press, of the liberty of speech, of the trial by jury, of the habeas corpus...will be enjoyed by millions yet unborn....Our prayers should evermore be offered up to the Father of the Universe for His wisdom to direct us in the path of our duty so as to enable us to consummate these high purposes." Tenth President John Tyler - March 29

Praying

• Winner
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One of President James Buchana's prayers included "Let me invoke every individual, in whatever sphere of like he may be placed, to feel a personal responsibility to God and his country for keeping this day holy, and for contributing all in his power to remove our actual and impending calamities."
Independence Day: Our Christian Heritage -- Spiritual Life in God

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Karin12414

Nothing is impossible for my God!
Jul 9, 2018
Lakeland
✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Lord, I pray for the All Nations on this Earth.

For the injustices that Your children face everyday. For our Leaders hearts to break for what breaks Yours. For the poor immigrant children being taken from their parents and forced into internment camps in America, to the starving families in Africa, to the Women in India fighting for basic equal rights, to the people of China that have finally stepped out against their Dictatorship, to the people of the Middle East facing hatred from all parts of the World.

Lord, be with us all and give us the strength to fight for Your Truth, not the World's, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Thy will be done Lord. Everything we are, for Your Kingdom's cause.

Amen :groupray:

• Prayers
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: Praying for all of the nations of the world, including our own nation. Praying that God Himself intercedes, and protects our country, our President, and us the American people, and that all plans that seek our destruction is thwarted and that all plans to twist Truth and His Light is brought to naught. Praying that our President is granted wisdom, discernment, clarity, and that God Himself guides every thought, word, and deed of our President. Father may it be so. May Your Word and Your promises fold out before us, as it is written in Isaiah, in the name of Jesus, amen. (((hug)))

"Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake." ~Isa 54:15

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord." ~Isa 54:17

• Agree
Upvote 0