• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Pray for my wife, Terri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwgray

Feb 23, 2006
Central Coast, California
Visit site
✟15,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please remember my wife in prayer. She was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer in May 2003. 4 Months later, she was re-diagnosed with stage 4, inflammatory breast cancer (IBC). She has been on 16 different chemo drugs. We will see the doctor Friday and discuss if there are any other options. What she really needs is; a miracle! :pray:

Thank you,
Dave

johnnieboy

Feb 16, 2006
Arizona
✟7,753.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
dwgray said:
Please remember my wife in prayer. She was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer in May 2003. 4 Months later, she was re-diagnosed with stage 4, inflammatory breast cancer (IBC). She has been on 16 different chemo drugs. We will see the doctor Friday and discuss if there are any other options. What she really needs is; a miracle! :pray:

Thank you,
Dave
I'll be praying for you both, I have a friend who is going through this with his wife too, only thing is he's not a christian, just remember how much you got going for you compared to this world that tries to get through it with out God.

Here's a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that I find says what I feel about people who are going through this

I will not pretend to feel the pain you’re going through
I know I cannot comprehend the hurt you’ve known
And I used to think it mattered if I understood
But now I just don’t know

Well, I’ll admit sometimes I still wish I knew what to say
And I keep looking for a way to fix it all
But we know we’re at the mercy of God’s higher ways
And our ways are so small

But I will carry you to Jesus
He is everything you need
I will carry you to Jesus on my knees

It’s such a privilege for me to give this gift to you
All I’d ever hope you’d give me in return
Is to know that you’ll be there to do the same for me
When the tables turn

And if you need to cry go on and I, I will cry along with you, yeah
I’ve given you what I have but still I know the best thing I can do
Is just pray for you

I’ll carry you
I’ll take you to Jesus on my knees

Upvote 0

dwgray

Feb 23, 2006
Visit site
✟15,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
dwgray said:

Thank you,
Dave
Here's an update: Terri will resume chemo therapy on Wednesday, Mar 1, with chemo drug number 17. She will be getting Doxil every 4 weeks. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

3/7/06 Update:

Terri received the Doxil last Wednesday and didn't have any significant side effectives. She had a painful weekend due to the increasing size of two tumors in her liver. She had to have the dosage of her pain pump increased yesterday and has helped. We also found out that her bilirubin levels have increased. This is of concern because that would prevent her from receiving Doxil.

Continue to pray.

Upvote 0

blessingsfromabove

Mar 3, 2006
Missouri
✟15,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
dwgray said:

Thank you,
Dave
Hey, sorry to hear about your wife. I have some good news. It caught my attention when you said you were going to try some other things. Well have you every heard of mangosteen juice. I really think you should try this...I believe your wife would like the results. It boosts your immune system to help rebuild a persons health. I am trying to bless people with the knowledge of this fruit and juice...so many people need this stuff...pray about it...let me know what your thinking

Upvote 0

dwgray

Feb 23, 2006
Visit site
✟15,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
blessingsfromabove said:
Hey, sorry to hear about your wife. I have some good news. It caught my attention when you said you were going to try some other things. Well have you every heard of mangosteen juice. I really think you should try this...I believe your wife would like the results. It boosts your immune system to help rebuild a persons health. I am trying to bless people with the knowledge of this fruit and juice...so many people need this stuff...pray about it...let me know what your thinking
Thank you for your prayers and suggestion. My wife has already looked into this. She mentioned it to her Oncologist and he said it may be a good product at prevention of cancer, but it won't cure or aid in putting cancer into remission. Science has shown that boosting your immune system during chemo can reduce the effectiveness of the chemo drugs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

johnnieboy

Feb 16, 2006
Arizona
✟7,753.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
dwgray said:
Terri's health has worsened. She is showing significant signs of Jaundice.
No matter what happens, remember that God knows what she is going through and is touched by her pain and yours as well. He knows us better than we know ourselves. We are all praying for you, but God is there in reality, there with you through it all, no matter what happens, while we are only able to be there in spirit.

Upvote 0

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
dwgray said:

Thank you,
Dave

My heartfelt prayers for Terry and you. :prayer:

birdfriend...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cassyrode

Oct 8, 2005
Fort St. James
✟15,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ive heard the crying of your heart. I have seen the searching of your soul. I know how deeply you have desired the truth In pain you have cried out for it. When I see you I am overewhelmed with tears and wish to hold you close to me. Go ahead now, Ask me anything. Anything. I will speak to you if you listen. The words to the next song you hear, the information in the next article you read, The story line of the next movie you watch, The chance utterence of the next person you meet. Or the whisper of the next river. The next ocean. The next breeze that carresses your ear. All these devices are mine. I will come to you if you invite me. I will show you then that I have Always been there...

Always.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.