OTTAWA
✟16,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All surrounding evidence points to God does not want restoration - but here I am praying for some kind of glory or power to prevail.
I am in a confusion as I don't see us moving forward....
Something "wrong" always happens to set us back.
If we D I'll never marry again, but is it possible God wants my husband to be happier with someone else....?
Was this "marriage" training wheels, for him, for the real thing....?
There is no adultery, that I know of, but so much confusion.
We are both believers (but so much division has led us to live completely separate lives, including our spirituality among all other areas)
I've checked out at least 1 year ago.
Husband senses it, and knows it, I am on the verge of walkaway wife. Yet all we do is fight, silence, stonewall, some lukewarm affection, then fight again, stonewall, silence...etc.
Please pray

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"God wants my husband to be happier with someone else....?" this is not of God but I truly understand. We have been married together about 40 years now and ours was much worse. Talk to your Father about everything.. maybe together talk to someone.. even if its a friend.. but one that knows the lord.

Praying

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
All surrounding evidence points to God does not want restoration - but here I am praying for some kind of glory or power to prevail.
If we D I'll never marry again, but is it possible God wants my husband to be happier with someone else....?
We are both believers (but so much division has led us to live completely separate lives, including our spirituality among all other areas)
Husband senses it, and knows it, I am on the verge of walkaway wife. Yet all we do is fight, silence, stonewall, some lukewarm affection, then fight again, stonewall, silence...etc.
Please pray
I want you to know that is not from God that your husband leave you for someone else.

Jesus restore this marriage so that things work out for NPD and her husband. Do not give up on them and help them not to give up. May they always pray and not give up. Jesus please :confused:! In Jesus Name i pray amen!

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,283.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is marital advice in Scripture such as "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:" Eph 4:26 Personally, I've found the sooner I apologize the better. Sometimes it's for my behavior , tone or attitude during a disagreement. - how I've said things or the words I"ve used. "A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." (Pro 15:1).

Also, husbands love your wives and wives Respect your husbands (Eph 5:33). How would your husband define you giving him respect?

Forgive - if needed everyday

Prayer and fasting. Asking God what changes you need to make.

Encourage you to watch "What a man really needs" and 'What a woman really needs" by Jimmy Evan's ministries. All his teachings are Biblically based and there's hundreds on youtube.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let go! Stop fretting! Stop asking! God wants you quit! Let Him do it! Turn it over! He know all and what to do! Trust Him no matter what you see! Faith is the substance of thing hoped for, evidence of things not seen.

Substance is something you actually have!
Evidence is proof of something you actually have! Not seen yet, but you have it!

So exercise your faith by listening in quietness! Ask the Holy Spirit for guidance and He will guide you! Learn to be quiet in spirit and mind. Release yourself from your worried thoughts. Think of peace and love flowing from your heart and mind so the Power of God can work through you and work things out for you - because He wants to, but you must let Him. So in peace and quietness let His Spirit flow - meditate daily on His love and He will quiet your soul.

Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit saith the Lord!

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please pray
Do not give up on praying even if the situation seems slim. God is a Righteous God. This kind of trial is testing your faith. Keep praying for your marriage restoration, peace, knowledge of Him, protection of your heart. Nothing is impossible to God. I too along with other Christians will pray with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Please pray

I was right where you were two years ago. For two days I was so distraught over the state of my marriage that I neither ate nor slept. I was obsessed with saving the marriage, but I saw no direction to do so. Instead I was seeing doors closing, and a successful reconciliation was looking like a long shot.

Then two months later I took a drive to Indianapolis so that I could come to the Lord on this. His answer to me: just let it go. I did, and while the marriage ended, my quality of life and relationships had greatly improved since.

The more I obsessed over saving the marriage, the sicker I was emotionally. There was nothing left to salvage. It was over and done. I had to come to terms with that.

I don't know your situation nor how the Lord will answer you. But there is a possibility that you might hear something similar. Too many Christians seem to think any marriage between believers can be - and should be - saved. But reconciliation in that way isn't always possible, wise, or appropriate.

My case differs from yours in that I made it very clear to everyone that I will date and eventually remarry. I can do that, and I reject any doctrine that claims otherwise.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I was right where you were two years ago. For two days I was so distraught over the state of my marriage that I neither ate nor slept. I was obsessed with saving the marriage, but I saw no direction to do so. Instead I was seeing doors closing, and a successful reconciliation was looking like a long shot.

Then two months later I took a drive to Indianapolis so that I could come to the Lord on this. His answer to me: just let it go. I did, and while the marriage ended, my quality of life and relationships had greatly improved since.

The more I obsessed over saving the marriage, the sicker I was emotionally. There was nothing left to salvage. It was over and done. I had to come to terms with that.

I don't know your situation nor how the Lord will answer you. But there is a possibility that you might hear something similar. Too many Christians seem to think any marriage between believers can be - and should be - saved. But reconciliation in that way isn't always possible, wise, or appropriate.

My case differs from yours in that I made it very clear to everyone that I will date and eventually remarry. I can do that, and I reject any doctrine that claims otherwise.
thanks even though you weren't responding to me directly I needed to hear this from a Christian perspective. I'm going through a divorce right now after 2 1/2 years of marriage and it has been difficult. But i treat singleness as a gift that is one good thing that has come from this bad thing. It is hard I cannot think about my marriage it's too much.

Upvote 0