East Coast
✟15,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Recently I have felt as if I am not making progress in terms of faith. I still struggle with lust, anger, judgmentalism, and lack of humility. God has been showing me these sins in my life but it feels like I am not going anywhere. I pray and seek but I still act the same. If I could get prayer for that and prayer that I would not fool myself into thinking I am being faithful when I am not that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Recently I have felt as if I am not making progress in terms of faith. I still struggle with lust, anger, judgmentalism, and lack of humility. God has been showing me these sins in my life but it feels like I am not going anywhere. I pray and seek but I still act the same. If I could get prayer for that and prayer that I would not fool myself into thinking I am being faithful when I am not that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Your honest self appraisal is the start of victory. In order to overcome, you need to quit trying. That sounds counter intuitive, I know. That's the negative. Then you need to see yourself as God has made you to be, dead to sin, self, Satan and the world system. You need to see that you were raised from death to be a new creation. You have a new spirit and Lord Jesus lives there in the Person of His Holy Spirit. Ask God to open your eyes to see this wonderful truth. Just mental agreement is not enough. Then ask Lord Jesus to live out His life in you, through you and in place of you. You will be transformed. It will be a process but you will sense an immediate change. When I first saw this truth it was as significant as the day I was first born again. I recommend a book by Watchman Nee, "The Life That Wins". Let the truth get into you heart. It will set you free.

Upvote 0

Sal Robinson

Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2018
castle hill
✟100,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Praying for you EnriqueNye.

I found doing the task God has set before you can helpbusy your mind and keep your mind diverted from those struggles.

Godly encouraging friendships help too.

Praying for you friend :)

Upvote 0

Richard Mulcahy

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2019
Reading
✟182,378.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thanks!

Hello Enrique,

Here's a prayer for you:

A Prayer for Faith to See God's Presence
Father, I pray that You will visit us, and make Your presence known in my life and in my city. Give me faith to believe that You can change my city through prayer and through acts of love and compassion. Let Your Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven. Help me to cultivate Your presence in my life. I choose to partner with You for transformation in my city. Help me to contend for my city in prayer with others. Remove the distractions in my life that keep me from Your presence [Repent of any distractions in your life]. I repent of any pride or personal idols that have taken me away from having you in first place and being completely Yours (Name them one by one - i.e. television material possessions, food, sports, work, etc.]. Take away any luke-warmness in my heart and set me on fire for You. Amen.

I have always prayed the Lords prayer and Psalm 23 and this has kept my faith strong throughout my life.

God bless you...

Upvote 0

Richard Mulcahy

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2019
Reading
✟182,378.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thanks!

Hello again Enrique,

Please also look up Psalm 23 if you are not familiar with it but here's the Lords Prayer:

The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever. Amen.

Take care...

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You obviously do have some faith, just need the Father to stir it up in you and direct you to have more of it. I pray that happens.

"Faith comes" how? "by hearing and hearing by the Word."

We need tons of repetition of the Word so that it truly sinks into our beings, our minds and hearts and souls. We are told that the Word is "a hammer that breaks the rock."

How did Messiah defeat the devil in the desert? He simply quoted from the Word. We need to be saying, even singing the Word. "This book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night." The degree of your freedom will match the degree to which you "Do not be conformed to this world" in any thoughts as well as actions "but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."

You are on a spiritual battle ground. We all are on this planet. What are our weapons? They are very simple and very difficult - impossible without heartfelt prayer.

You've got strongholds. What breaks them down? "The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty to the destroying of strongholds, casting down vain imaginations and everything that exalts itself against the knowledge of YHWH" aka God "and bringing every thought captive to" Messiah. Very simple. Again, impossible without heartfelt prayer, though.

The thing is, when we really do that, we don't just get freedom from bondage. We move into a new realm, a supernatural realm. There we are taught, and given joy and peace, the promises of our Heavenly Father.

We cannot walk two roads in our minds and have freedom. We must choose "the straight and narrow path."

IF you are very healthy a once a week 24 hour water only fast with prayers can work wonders to help you achieve that. (Too much fasting is strenuous to the body so don't over do it, it can damage is overdone.)

Now, as someone trained as a speech/language pathologist I worry about things called vocal nodules, sometimes called singers' nodules. So, if you decide to try to praise singing, I would say to sing softly or you can get blisters on your vocal cords which will make your voice hoarse and be problematic generally. Soft singing works just as well as loud singing!
I would also say that if a song says "He is holy..." or "He is the light of the world..." or whatever that you can train yourself to be more directly in contact with the Almighty and sing "YOU are holy...YOU are the light of the world..." etc. If by any chance you have the gift of speaking in tongues btw, that works great too.
(The Bible says there is a kind of tongues that "no man understands" where you "speak unto the Father." Tongues are a wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit.)
Youthful and peppy: JumpStart3
Kind of old fashioned sounding music, but still great:
integrity music scripture memory songs - YouTube
Jhttps://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sons+of+korah+musicust the Psalms, mellow sounding:
Sons of Korah
I pray for your freedom and healing.

Upvote 0

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord bless EnriqueNye and this prayer request. Lord bless EnriqueNye with a strong faith and help to overcome lust, anger, judgementalism, and lack of humility. Lord let EnriqueNye be free from these sins. Lord bless EnriqueNye and you be glorified, in Jesus loving name, Amen!

Upvote 0