ORADEA
✟18,908.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been talking to a counsellor for around 4 months and I am starting to see the roles and patterns in my family's system. It's very toxic, and I realised I was/am the scapegoat of the family, programmed to be constantly ashamed or feel guilty. I never knew where that huge amount of guilt came from, I always thought I am just repenting often for every little thing and doing a good thing, but so often I make up stories in my mind of how bad I am and God will send a sudden punishment in my life, for me just simply saying 'no' to others or standing up for myself. I have anxiety and panic attacks which gets severe sometimes. I don't really share much about this with my family, because they wouldn't understand it, there are 2 malignant narcissists in my family, and when I did share similar things in the past I got mocked and bullied for it. They will bring this up forever, whenever I disagree with them or don't want to do what they want me to.

The best for me is to be distant with them, to be able to heal and breath, but that is also making me feel guilty, like I am neglecting my family members.
My question is, how can one get rid of the shame and guilt, that has become so natural, automatic? I feel it's too much to handle sometimes.

Sep 8, 2012
✟14,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It may help to remember the way people treat you. Defines what type of person they are.

It doesn't define who you are.

Its ok to defy expectations and ideas others have of you.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 61:1-3
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.

Hi sister. The truth is your family have cast their bad life on you and you took it from them and carry theirs now, making you feel so guilty all the time, for you should not believe those lies, for as you can clearly see they are full of poison and bring you bad life by the bucket load.

i believe that in the Truth guilt is a powerful angel that warns us of the wrong we have done, and drives us to Jesus for salvation. Such guilt, although a fiery servant of The Lord, has good intent and has been send by The Holy Spirit to safe us from our sins.

However i know that guilt in the lie is a terrible torture, an unclean spirit even, which constantly denies us the grace of God and calls good bad and bad good. Such guilt makes us feel guilty about things we think we have done wrong because we heeded the accuser's lies, that horrible dragon in our guilty conscience, who tells us that God is angry with us and that therefore we feel so miserable. The way to escape that life is to grow new life in Jesus while letting His loving truth kill the bad life living in you.

So please sister heed Jesus' loving truth, The Word of Truth, in the Spirit of love, right within your own heart. Jesus will lead you to safety and cast the spirit of guilt out, along with all those lies you believe about God, yourself and other people, and let His loving truth rebuild you completely.

You may have to leave your family to be able to attain peace and rest within. For being bombarded by bad life from people all around is not a safe environment.

So yes ask Jesus to save you from your sins, confess them all before Him, once you have done that Thank Him, and accept His loving forgiveness which will wash your guilty heart clean from any guilt or blame. That is what His blood does dear sister, give us a clean heart.

After you have confessed everything to Jesus, refuse to heed guilt, or any accusation about those sins or weaknesses or shortcomings again. Never heed them again. No matter if satan throws guilt at you. For after you have confessed your sins, and if you have done no more wrong, (believing that you did wrong when you didn't is wrong as well, ) then you tell the accuser to go to hell and that Jesus paid your price.

And then thank Jesus. Praise His name. and stand firm holding on to your salvation and grow away from that timid, scared and insecure person you become, a daughter of The Most high instead.

All those who have faith in Jesus Christ are Children of God. Nothing to be ashamed about. He turns us into beautiful people, who love God and neighbour truthfully.

Be of very good courage Jesus loves you to find your freedom in Him

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Pearl7
Upvote 0

Pearl7

Aug 20, 2021
ORADEA
✟18,908.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It may help to remember the way people treat you. Defines what type of person they are.

It doesn't define who you are.

Its ok to defy expectations and ideas others have of you.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Thank you, this verse was in my mind in these past days.

Upvote 0

Pearl7

Aug 20, 2021
ORADEA
✟18,908.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 61:1-3
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.

Hi sister. The truth is your family have cast their bad life on you and you took it from them and carry theirs now, making you feel so guilty all the time, for you should not believe those lies, for as you can clearly see they are full of poison and bring you bad life by the bucket load.

i believe that in the Truth guilt is a powerful angel that warns us of the wrong we have done, and drives us to Jesus for salvation. Such guilt, although a fiery servant of The Lord, has good intent and has been send by The Holy Spirit to safe us from our sins.

However i know that guilt in the lie is a terrible torture, an unclean spirit even, which constantly denies us the grace of God and calls good bad and bad good. Such guilt makes us feel guilty about things we think we have done wrong because we heeded the accuser's lies, that horrible dragon in our guilty conscience, who tells us that God is angry with us and that therefore we feel so miserable. The way to escape that life is to grow new life in Jesus while letting His loving truth kill the bad life living in you.

So please sister heed Jesus' loving truth, The Word of Truth, in the Spirit of love, right within your own heart. Jesus will lead you to safety and cast the spirit of guilt out, along with all those lies you believe about God, yourself and other people, and let His loving truth rebuild you completely.

You may have to leave your family to be able to attain peace and rest within. For being bombarded by bad life from people all around is not a safe environment.

So yes ask Jesus to save you from your sins, confess them all before Him, once you have done that Thank Him, and accept His loving forgiveness which will wash your guilty heart clean from any guilt or blame. That is what His blood does dear sister, give us a clean heart.

After you have confessed everything to Jesus, refuse to heed guilt, or any accusation about those sins or weaknesses or shortcomings again. Never heed them again. No matter if satan throws guilt at you. For after you have confessed your sins, and if you have done no more wrong, (believing that you did wrong when you didn't is wrong as well, ) then you tell the accuser to go to hell and that Jesus paid your price.

And then thank Jesus. Praise His name. and stand firm holding on to your salvation and grow away from that timid, scared and insecure person you become, a daughter of The Most high instead.

All those who have faith in Jesus Christ are Children of God. Nothing to be ashamed about. He turns us into beautiful people, who love God and neighbour truthfully.

Be of very good courage Jesus loves you to find your freedom in Him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G82UdjWAab8
Love those verses a lot. I love the Bible and have been reading it more often lately. Thank you!

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I've been talking to a counsellor for around 4 months and I am starting to see the roles and patterns in my family's system. It's very toxic, and I realised I was/am the scapegoat of the family, programmed to be constantly ashamed or feel guilty. I never knew where that huge amount of guilt came from, I always thought I am just repenting often for every little thing and doing a good thing, but so often I make up stories in my mind of how bad I am and God will send a sudden punishment in my life, for me just simply saying 'no' to others or standing up for myself. I have anxiety and panic attacks which gets severe sometimes. I don't really share much about this with my family, because they wouldn't understand it, there are 2 malignant narcissists in my family, and when I did share similar things in the past I got mocked and bullied for it. They will bring this up forever, whenever I disagree with them or don't want to do what they want me to.

The best for me is to be distant with them, to be able to heal and breath, but that is also making me feel guilty, like I am neglecting my family members.
My question is, how can one get rid of the shame and guilt, that has become so natural, automatic? I feel it's too much to handle sometimes.
I have also had family members with narcissistic personality disorder. From what I have researched they have a thinner area of cortex in the empathy area of their brains. There is no medicine, no counseling, no surgery that could fix that.

They also tend to get worse, more abusive, with time.

If you haven’t seen them already, there are just tons of videos YouTube on how to deal with such people, with the basic advice being to go no contact where possible. I suspect they will help you to get over your undeserved guilt.

I have wrestled with the issue of how to be a good family member too. The thing is, what you have to offer them they don’t want. You want to offer love but this only makes him feel contempt for you and they will see it as a weakness that they will constantly try to exploit in order to hurt you further.

You want to offer forgiveness, and you can do that secretly in your heart, but they will never ever acknowledge that they need any forgiveness for anything and instead will blame shift to you and try to make you look like you are the one with the problem. It seems you’ve seen that pattern already.

In a sense, one becomes an enabler if one doesn’t distance oneself from their pretty daemonic behaviors. As long as you are there, they will constantly be trying to find a way to exploit and hurt you in various ways. There is absolutely nothing you can do to stop that pattern.

I personally figure since I have nothing to offer that is good that will be accepted, I will offer nothing, but protect myself from abuse.

It doesn’t sound like you hate them, which is good. They are sick people. They have a mental disability just like someone with, say, cerebral palsy.
if you could help him, obviously you would. But you can’t. Again, you have nothing to offer that is good that they want.

You’ve probably already been praying for them, and that is good, because it is only the Lord who can ever reach them or help them. And frankly, reportedly there have been extremely few cases where prayer has made a difference.

I personally think they need deliverance and maybe a creative miracle with new brain cortex. But help for that kind of thing is exceedingly rare.

In the meantime, you can help yourself. You are not helping them when you suffer. In fact, they are sadistic and want you to suffer. So you aren’t helping them either, if you let them hurt you because that only reinforces them in evil patterns.

Again, you have no love to offer them that they will benefit from or even accept . So don’t try. Distance yourself as much as you can, without rancor, and probably sadly, and don’t feel guilty that you can’t change or help them because you cannot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Hoseini

Sep 1, 2021
North-Brabant
✟43,201.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My question is, how can one get rid of the shame and guilt, that has become so natural, automatic?
By meditating about the things that are chasing you. I mean take a moment and think it over: These shame and guilt are caused by your sins? Yes? Did you repent of those sins? Yes? Did you confess them before God (or through the sacrament of confession)? Yes? Are you still inclined somehow to do or other-wisely find enjoyment in those sins? Do you profoundly understand why are those sins bad? If yes, how would you explain to yourself that they are bad / sins? And how would you precisely exhort yourself to do good that opposes those sins? So do it and improve yourself!

This is my personal method to deal with this problem. Ultimately it is demons who hunt us down with this shame and guilt, because they want to bring us into despondency and to make us commit suicide. That's why we must confess and improve ourselves for our beloved Lord.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
By meditating about the things that are chasing you. I mean take a moment and think it over: These shame and guilt are caused by your sins? Yes? Did you repent of those sins? Yes? Did you confess them before God (or through the sacrament of confession)? Yes? Are you still inclined somehow to do or other-wisely find enjoyment in those sins? Do you profoundly understand why are those sins bad? If yes, how would you explain to yourself that they are bad / sins? And how would you precisely exhort yourself to do good that opposes those sins? So do it and improve yourself!

This is my personal method to deal with this problem. Ultimately it is demons who hunt us down with this shame and guilt, because they want to bring us into despondency and to make us commit suicide. That's why we must confess and improve ourselves for our beloved Lord.
You are piling on. Her post is about getting rid of guilt caused by abuse, by narcissists. Yes, we are all guilty in various ways, but some are also the victims of abusive people who try to pile guilt and shame on other which is NOT their fault! Her post is about getting free from damage done by toxic people.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh you are so blessed! Pearl7 did you know in the OT there was a "guilt" offering? Yeah.. did you know that is what Christ ALSO took to the cross? Thats right.. its GONE! The enemy is using it against you to kill steal and destroy. To take the word from you.. to take your joy.

So what do you do? You say in those moments.. NO for God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind. The joy of the lord is my strength. I am strong in the lord in the power of His might. It is also written AMP "Therefore there is now no condemnation [no guilty verdict, no punishment] for those who are in Christ Jesus [who believe in Him as personal Lord and Savior].

Sis.. its a lie! It can be so hard to get around this. No "man" in this world is like Him. He is not like man. He does not will not ever hold it against you. He said for God did not send His son to condemn the world but to save it. See because you believe in Jesus is it not written you are in right standing with GOD? That means 100% right now holy righteous before Him! Its not what YOU DID OR DO.. its what Christ did. God is faithful to that.

This is where faith comes now. You alone have the free choice to believe what HE said and did for you.. or not. One has bondage and torment the other ...oh you are FREE! He set you free! PRAISE GOD GLORY TO JESUS! NO rejoice! Praise Him when you don't feel like it.. no matter how you FEEL.. walk by faith..that means to walk where you can't see to simply trust if HE said it will He not do it? That is also written! Don't think about it.. just going to believe what He said because He can not lie. Faith.. no matter what it looks like feels like.. He is there loves you happy.. and FOR YOU! Just take it :)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Pearl7
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I've had to deal with this issue like many of us, and I'm still being subjected to harsh treatment by my family, but I no longer feel any guilt or shame. For the most part, God has removed it. Things are not like I would like them to be, but my days are not filled with guilt. I can see clearly who is at fault.

It took a while because something was missing to aide my healing: The Cross.

I want to share that we don't always understand what Christ has given us when He died on the Cross. Our old man (carnal nature, fleshly man) has been crucified with Christ, Romans 6:6, and we walk in newness of life. What that means is any guilt or shame we continue to be plagued with, whether from others our ourselves, has already been dealt with on the cross.

Shame and guilt belongs to the carnal nature; the carnal nature is sin of the law, and we have no power over it. God loves us and helped us out and crucified the carnal nature on the Cross with Christ. That's what is meant by God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, 2 Corinthians 5:19. God was crucifying our sinful nature on the cross with Christ. Now as believers, we are to live in the light of Christ; it is the Power of the Cross that removes guilt from our consciousness, by believing, by holding on to the faith of it, 1 Timothy 1:19. If we don't see what the gospel is saying, we can't believe it. If we don't believe what the cross did for us, then we can't benefit from its Power. Because salvation is based on God's grace, which require faith, Ephesians 2:8-9. It's not just confessing, but also believing that if we confess, the cross of Christ frees us, Romans 8:1-2, Romans 6:22. There is a benefit to believing. God require that we believe first before we receive His Power; which can be an immediate release from the carnal man's influence on our mind.

The Power of God is Mighty in Christ by the gospel. We just need to be shown what the gospel is telling us, and we must believe it and follow it. We all must stay on top of the grace of God, and all His benefits through the gospel, and not fall back to self-effort like the Galatians did. I'm guilty of this as well; it's a growing process.

The Power of the Cross eliminates our need to continue to figure things out: Why am I worried? Whey did they treat me that way? Why do I feel so bad? God's grace has provided us an answer to put to death the sin nature; it is by His Power that heals us from shame and guilt. Not our power!

You've heard "look to the cross." Well people will say "look to the cross" but they don't explain it. For years I wondered how do I look to the cross? I have even cried about it because I did not understand, and those I was around did not know either. So due to lack of knowledge we are left without knowing the Power of the cross, and how our life changes greatly in Christ because of it. It's what's called, "Real Healing" because Christ is LIFE!

The thing I don't want to do, I do......, Romans 7:14-25. That's I don't want to continue to be dealing with false shame and guilt. But I can't stop. Why? The bible gives a clear cut answer and that's what we are to be following, studying, and digesting, to get relief. God has not left us without His Power to overcome. It's not by rehashing how we feel, and what they did, which is what I did for years, but looking to the cross of Christ to be given freedom from the carnal nature. Looking unto the Cross is using my faculties to "believe".

This is the Power of the Cross: Believe this! We died with Christ, that is, we have been crucified with Christ and we no longer live; Christ lives in us, Galatians 20:20. So where is our power then? Gone! We now operate by the Power of God, by His grace when we believe - as a gift. We are only required to believe what God has said, and He blesses us when we obey Him!

Your guilt and shame have been crucified with Christ, and they no longe live in you; Christ lives in you and He comes with Power to subdue your guilt and shame, and negative thoughts.

Stay on the verses, pray about it, digest it, God will bless you and heal you in Christ Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pearl7

Aug 20, 2021
ORADEA
✟18,908.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have also had family members with narcissistic personality disorder. From what I have researched they have a thinner area of cortex in the empathy area of their brains. There is no medicine, no counseling, no surgery that could fix that.

They also tend to get worse, more abusive, with time.

If you haven’t seen them already, there are just tons of videos YouTube on how to deal with such people, with the basic advice being to go no contact where possible. I suspect they will help you to get over your undeserved guilt.

I have wrestled with the issue of how to be a good family member too. The thing is, what you have to offer them they don’t want. You want to offer love but this only makes him feel contempt for you and they will see it as a weakness that they will constantly try to exploit in order to hurt you further.

You want to offer forgiveness, and you can do that secretly in your heart, but they will never ever acknowledge that they need any forgiveness for anything and instead will blame shift to you and try to make you look like you are the one with the problem. It seems you’ve seen that pattern already.

In a sense, one becomes an enabler if one doesn’t distance oneself from their pretty daemonic behaviors. As long as you are there, they will constantly be trying to find a way to exploit and hurt you in various ways. There is absolutely nothing you can do to stop that pattern.

I personally figure since I have nothing to offer that is good that will be accepted, I will offer nothing, but protect myself from abuse.

It doesn’t sound like you hate them, which is good. They are sick people. They have a mental disability just like someone with, say, cerebral palsy.
if you could help him, obviously you would. But you can’t. Again, you have nothing to offer that is good that they want.

You’ve probably already been praying for them, and that is good, because it is only the Lord who can ever reach them or help them. And frankly, reportedly there have been extremely few cases where prayer has made a difference.

I personally think they need deliverance and maybe a creative miracle with new brain cortex. But help for that kind of thing is exceedingly rare.

In the meantime, you can help yourself. You are not helping them when you suffer. In fact, they are sadistic and want you to suffer. So you aren’t helping them either, if you let them hurt you because that only reinforces them in evil patterns.

Again, you have no love to offer them that they will benefit from or even accept . So don’t try. Distance yourself as much as you can, without rancor, and probably sadly, and don’t feel guilty that you can’t change or help them because you cannot.

Thank you so much, your message is really comforting!
Unfortunately, that is what I have experienced, they tend to get worse. The thing is that, the only person who is not narcissistic is my mother, and I love her, but she is like a bridge between the narcissists and me (my sister and dad), sometimes acting on their behalf. I believe my mother is a scapegoat too, but she doesn't see this is a game, she is naive. So I feel totally hopeless, she doesn't defend me when they mock me, and when they turn everything on me, she rebukes me instead of them. It's a twisted game. I often don't show them that I suffer, which makes them think I am strong so they have to try harder to destroy me, although I feel like dying inside.
I have heard more about the sadistic part lately, it is disgusting. But it is bad enough to convince me is better to stay away from them, and probably help with the guilt and shame part.
Thank you!

Upvote 0

Pearl7

Aug 20, 2021
ORADEA
✟18,908.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hey, thanks for your message! What I meant was that I am constantly being put in situations where a narcissist would treat me badly and then blames it on me, shaming rebuking me. For example, when I was little I felt sick if I ate too fast and I was always the last at the table to finish eating. My father ,to teach me a lesson, put his legs on the table, to shame me, to eat faster. Or, I remember, one time he was strangling me - for him it was just playing - and I felt uncomfortable so I pushed his arms back, then he said I was shameless, then I said "am I shameless, you are strangling me?" - and then he exploded in a rage, telling me to go away and told everyone in the family I acted badly and I deserved a punishment. Experiences like this happened repeatedly, and taught me to feel guilt for little things like saying no to a gathering etc.

Upvote 0

Pearl7

Aug 20, 2021
ORADEA
✟18,908.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh you are so blessed! Pearl7 did you know in the OT there was a "guilt" offering? Yeah.. did you know that is what Christ ALSO took to the cross? Thats right.. its GONE! The enemy is using it against you to kill steal and destroy. To take the word from you.. to take your joy.

So what do you do? You say in those moments.. NO for God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind. The joy of the lord is my strength. I am strong in the lord in the power of His might. It is also written AMP "Therefore there is now no condemnation [no guilty verdict, no punishment] for those who are in Christ Jesus [who believe in Him as personal Lord and Savior].

Sis.. its a lie! It can be so hard to get around this. No "man" in this world is like Him. He is not like man. He does not will not ever hold it against you. He said for God did not send His son to condemn the world but to save it. See because you believe in Jesus is it not written you are in right standing with GOD? That means 100% right now holy righteous before Him! Its not what YOU DID OR DO.. its what Christ did. God is faithful to that.

This is where faith comes now. You alone have the free choice to believe what HE said and did for you.. or not. One has bondage and torment the other ...oh you are FREE! He set you free! PRAISE GOD GLORY TO JESUS! NO rejoice! Praise Him when you don't feel like it.. no matter how you FEEL.. walk by faith..that means to walk where you can't see to simply trust if HE said it will He not do it? That is also written! Don't think about it.. just going to believe what He said because He can not lie. Faith.. no matter what it looks like feels like.. He is there loves you happy.. and FOR YOU! Just take it :)
Thank you so much for your kind words, Amen!

Upvote 0

Pearl7

Aug 20, 2021
ORADEA
✟18,908.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've had to deal with this issue like many of us, and I'm still being subjected to harsh treatment by my family, but I no longer feel any guilt or shame. For the most part, God has removed it. Things are not like I would like them to be, but my days are not filled with guilt. I can see clearly who is at fault.

It took a while because something was missing to aide my healing: The Cross.

I want to share that we don't always understand what Christ has given us when He died on the Cross. Our old man (carnal nature, fleshly man) has been crucified with Christ, Romans 6:6, and we walk in newness of life. What that means is any guilt or shame we continue to be plagued with, whether from others our ourselves, has already been dealt with on the cross.

Shame and guilt belongs to the carnal nature; the carnal nature is sin of the law, and we have no power over it. God loves us and helped us out and crucified the carnal nature on the Cross with Christ. That's what is meant by God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, 2 Corinthians 5:19. God was crucifying our sinful nature on the cross with Christ. Now as believers, we are to live in the light of Christ; it is the Power of the Cross that removes guilt from our consciousness, by believing, by holding on to the faith of it, 1 Timothy 1:19. If we don't see what the gospel is saying, we can't believe it. If we don't believe what the cross did for us, then we can't benefit from its Power. Because salvation is based on God's grace, which require faith, Ephesians 2:8-9. It's not just confessing, but also believing that if we confess, the cross of Christ frees us, Romans 8:1-2, Romans 6:22. There is a benefit to believing. God require that we believe first before we receive His Power; which can be an immediate release from the carnal man's influence on our mind.

The Power of God is Mighty in Christ by the gospel. We just need to be shown what the gospel is telling us, and we must believe it and follow it. We all must stay on top of the grace of God, and all His benefits through the gospel, and not fall back to self-effort like the Galatians did. I'm guilty of this as well; it's a growing process.

The Power of the Cross eliminates our need to continue to figure things out: Why am I worried? Whey did they treat me that way? Why do I feel so bad? God's grace has provided us an answer to put to death the sin nature; it is by His Power that heals us from shame and guilt. Not our power!

You've heard "look to the cross." Well people will say "look to the cross" but they don't explain it. For years I wondered how do I look to the cross? I have even cried about it because I did not understand, and those I was around did not know either. So due to lack of knowledge we are left without knowing the Power of the cross, and how our life changes greatly in Christ because of it. It's what's called, "Real Healing" because Christ is LIFE!

The thing I don't want to do, I do......, Romans 7:14-25. That's I don't want to continue to be dealing with false shame and guilt. But I can't stop. Why? The bible gives a clear cut answer and that's what we are to be following, studying, and digesting, to get relief. God has not left us without His Power to overcome. It's not by rehashing how we feel, and what they did, which is what I did for years, but looking to the cross of Christ to be given freedom from the carnal nature. Looking unto the Cross is using my faculties to "believe".

This is the Power of the Cross: Believe this! We died with Christ, that is, we have been crucified with Christ and we no longer live; Christ lives in us, Galatians 20:20. So where is our power then? Gone! We now operate by the Power of God, by His grace when we believe - as a gift. We are only required to believe what God has said, and He blesses us when we obey Him!

Your guilt and shame have been crucified with Christ, and they no longe live in you; Christ lives in you and He comes with Power to subdue your guilt and shame, and negative thoughts.

Stay on the verses, pray about it, digest it, God will bless you and heal you in Christ Jesus.
Thank you so much!
God spoke to me through Romans 7:14-25 a long time ago and delivered me from nightmares and demonic warfare. I was guilty then, and I remembered lately, that it was such an amazing miracle from God. It gives me hope, that this lifetime guilt and shame could go as well. I will meditate on the verses you shared with me, thank you for explaining it to me!
God bless you!

Upvote 0