provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I feel recently that I need to acknowledge Jesus before others more. Like just random people. Scripture says those who acknowledge Jesus before others will be acknowledged by Him when He comes. That's all i want anyway, just to be acknowledged (owned) by Christ. Pray for me please ty

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I feel recently that I need to acknowledge Jesus before others more. Like just random people. Scripture says those who acknowledge Jesus before others will be acknowledged by Him when He comes. That's all i want anyway, just to be acknowledged (owned) by Christ. Pray for me please ty
It is lovely that you want to witness to others. But I’m going to give you some things to think about.

The Savior told us not to cast our pearls before the swine, or to give what is holy to the dogs, lest they turn on us.

Guess what? he also said that most people are not going to take the straight and narrow path. This means that most are not going to want to hear what you have to say. The Bible also says to be discreet in evil times.

I am not saying don’t witness. But I am saying to be like the Apostles, who couldn’t catch any fish until the Lord told him where to throw their nets.

Please always ask the Holy Spirit to guide you as to when, and where to throw your net, so that you’re not just tossing it out randomly to people who may actually hate you for it.

If that sounds harsh, sorry. But the Lord also said there’s demons seed out there, and they may act perfectly lovely, but inside their little shoes they can have, rhetorically
speaking, little hooves. Be careful.

I pray for your guidance and wisdom.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is lovely that you want to witness to others. But I’m going to give you some things to think about.

The Savior told us not to cast our pearls before the swine, or to give what is holy to the dogs, lest they turn on us.

Guess what? he also said that most people are not going to take the straight and narrow path. This means that most are not going to want to hear what you have to say. The Bible also says to be discreet in evil times.

I am not saying don’t witness. But I am saying to be like the Apostles, who couldn’t catch any fish until the Lord told him where to throw their nets.

Please always ask the Holy Spirit to guide you as to when, and where to throw your net, so that you’re not just tossing it out randomly to people who may actually hate you for it.

If that sounds harsh, sorry. But the Lord also said there’s demons seed out there, and they may act perfectly lovely, but inside their little shoes they can have, rhetorically
speaking, little hooves. Be careful.

I pray for your guidance and wisdom.
Thank you LoricaLady. You have given me some things to ponder. Lately, I feel like if I don't acknowledge Christ before others then He won't acknowledge me. So it's kind of like the pressure is on. Maybe I shouldn't be thinking about it this way. I admire people who can be street preachers and just present the gospel message openly and clearly to others with ease. I guess I'm a big jealous/envious of their boldness. And yes, some people may hate me for bringing Jesus Christ up in conversation, but is that not to be expected? If I am too afraid of being hated by others for my faith in Christ, does this not make me lukewarm? What do you think?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Praying Eph 6 for you

18 With every prayer and request, pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be alert with all perseverance and every request for all the saints, 19 and pray in my behalf, that speech may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Praying Col 4 -- for you to have a listening ear when the Spirit gives you just the right words - so only His word is spoken.
2 Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving; 3 praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned; 4 that I may make it clear in the way that I ought to proclaim it.
5 Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. 6 Your speech must always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Praying Eph 6 for you

18 With every prayer and request, pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be alert with all perseverance and every request for all the saints, 19 and pray in my behalf, that speech may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Praying Col 4 -- for you to have a listening ear when the Spirit gives you just the right words - so only His word is spoken.
2 Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving; 3 praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned; 4 that I may make it clear in the way that I ought to proclaim it.
5 Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. 6 Your speech must always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.
Great passages. Ty

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you LoricaLady. You have given me some things to ponder. Lately, I feel like if I don't acknowledge Christ before others then He won't acknowledge me. So it's kind of like the pressure is on. Maybe I shouldn't be thinking about it this way. I admire people who can be street preachers and just present the gospel message openly and clearly to others with ease. I guess I'm a big jealous/envious of their boldness. And yes, some people may hate me for bringing Jesus Christ up in conversation, but is that not to be expected? If I am too afraid of being hated by others for my faith in Christ, does this not make me lukewarm? What do you think?
Yes, you may get hatred. I have gotten hatred for my beliefs.

The trick is to throw your nets where you may get hatred but there will eventually be salvation.

I am just saying don’t randomly witness to this person and that person because statistically the chances are that at the best, you will be wasting your time many times.

Go to the Lord for guidance and direction. If he guides you to a place where you get hate, that doesn’t mean you haven’t done any good. And it probably means you will get more reward in heaven.

If it isn’t him doing the leading as to where you throw that net, then you might just get hate, and that’s it. I am not saying to be fearful. Not at all. Just to let the Lord be in charge.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums