Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This may sound weird, but I have had a small dream for a while about wanting to be famous and wealthy for something. I have a small pet aspiration to learn and enter the entertainment business like acting or producing. I am aware that there are downsides to fame and wealth, but I may well be willing to make those sacrifices. I don't mean top 10 famous, more like top 250. It also doesn't strictly need to come through being in entertainment. I at least want to achieve great wealth. And if God's will, I'd be willing to put in the grunt work to achieve.

I wonder if it's a possibility that God wants to use me for something like this, and that's why it's been on my mind. Another rationale is that I want to be able to provide resources for my own life and my friends/family, it seems like at the rate we are going pretty soon only the top would have the kind of living standard that existed for the average person in the past, even the dating and relationship life is like that since men are expected to be the family providers. I also want to have the level of following to be able to make some impact or steer people for the better.

Lord Father, I want to express my thanks for your provision for me and my neighbors. I want to achieve fame and fortune because I want to provide resources to others and be a positive influence, help me be one of your agents to make positive difference and change in a domain of society that has been dominated by darkness. Amen.

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To be blunt, anything that leads you further into the world and the ways of man, takes you further from the Kingdom. Which do you think God is backing?
Do you believe that culture is inherently evil and therefore can't be Christianized too? Should Christians reduce themselves to being private?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you believe that culture is inherently evil and therefore can't be Christianized too? Should Christians reduce themselves to being private?
I'm just saying The Kingdom takes a different mindset than the traditional ways of man. God's ways can be lived within the world that man has made in our own image, but man's ways are foreign to God's ways and would clash with those of the Kingdom.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This may sound weird, but I have had a small dream for a while about wanting to be famous and wealthy for something. I have a small pet aspiration to learn and enter the entertainment business like acting or producing. I am aware that there are downsides to fame and wealth, but I may well be willing to make those sacrifices. I don't mean top 10 famous, more like top 250. It also doesn't strictly need to come through being in entertainment. I at least want to achieve great wealth. And if God's will, I'd be willing to put in the grunt work to achieve.

I wonder if it's a possibility that God wants to use me for something like this, and that's why it's been on my mind. Another rationale is that I want to be able to provide resources for my own life and my friends/family, it seems like at the rate we are going pretty soon only the top would have the kind of living standard that existed for the average person in the past, even the dating and relationship life is like that since men are expected to be the family providers. I also want to have the level of following to be able to make some impact or steer people for the better.
While it is noble you want to "steer people for the better," only God knows if you can be trusted. May he guide you according to his good will in Christ.

[Luk 16:9-13 NIV] I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings. 10 "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. 11 So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? 12 And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you property of your own? 13 "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm just saying The Kingdom takes a different mindset than the traditional ways of man. God's ways can be lived within the world that man has made in our own image, but man's ways are foreign to God's ways and would clash with those of the Kingdom.
I still stand by my prayer. If God doesn't desire or like it he will respond with "no" anyway.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I still stand by my prayer. If God doesn't desire or like it he will respond with "no" anyway.
Providing it is God. As the Tempter once said to Jesus and to us all the time.. all this can be yours. The thing about advancement especially in wealth is it is a gateway drug to power, and once power sets in unless one has a firm understanding of man's will vs God's will, they will indeed succumb to it and be dragged down, Matthew 13: 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful.

If one firmly understands the purpose of putting God's will before our selfish one, then there is a better chance of not only success, but in managing it properly and for the benefit of all, not just self. If you look around you will see most seek to serve self. Look at today's world where the money maker says I'm not going to share it with my helpers but replace them with a machine. Look how corporatism gobbled up the livelihoods of all who shared in business and put it in the hands of a few. Matthew13:23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown..

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
While it is noble you want to "steer people for the better," only God knows if you can be trusted. May he guide you according to his good will in Christ.

[Luk 16:9-13 NIV] I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings. 10 "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. 11 So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? 12 And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you property of your own? 13 "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."
And I can respond to God "Okay, you determine if I can be trusted or not".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Providing it is God. As the Tempter once said to Jesus and to us all the time.. all this can be yours. The thing about advancement especially in wealth is it is a gateway drug to power, and once power sets in unless one has a firm understanding of man's will vs God's will, they will indeed succumb to it and be dragged down, Matthew 13: 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful.

If one firmly understands the purpose of putting God's will before our selfish one, then there is a better chance of not only success, but in managing it properly and for the benefit of all, not just self. If you look around you will see most seek to serve self. Look at today's world where the money maker says I'm not going to share it with my helpers but replace them with a machine. Look how corporatism gobbled up the livelihoods of all who shared in business and put it in the hands of a few. Matthew13:23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown..

I relate to your feelings about the money maker example. It would be nice if everyone had the option to participate in an endeavor if they wanted to, unfortunately concentration is in a lot of industries today.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
unfortunately concentration is in a lot of industries today.
Yes and it is a perfect platform for end of days rule. So without independence or ability to grow outside the fold, would you be willing to sell your soul to corporatism?

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes and it is a perfect platform for end of days rule. So without independence or ability to grow outside the fold, would you be willing to sell your soul to corporatism?
No sir, I won't sell my soul to corporatism.

But even just 40 years ago it was better compared to today.

• Agree
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its a song but its true "Your desire is the confirmation The destination is there God wouldn't put it in your spirit if it wasn't going nowhere So, set your sights on the promises and don't you be scared Cause you desire is the confirmation The destination is there"

Anything that God does always grows. :)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I hope you have every success with your learning and training so you have the opportunity to pursue a career you really enjoy.

It is very honourable that you would wish to earn extra money to support your family and friends and to make a real difference in people's lives.

I think it is also important to remember that as Christians we are stewards of God's resources, including our money. Personally speaking, I don't think that I would feel comfortable becoming super rich, as I know that with my increased wealth there would be a greater accountability to God. With every paycheck, with every luxury I had accumulated, I would be looking over my shoulder to see if there was a Lazarus I had neglected or left behind.

God cares for you and will provide for you regardless of your financial position. Even if you did not turn out to be super wealthy or famous, He is more than able to meet your needs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I would just want wealth instead of fame, but that's just me ;)

What do you see in wealth and fame in particular? You said that you're willing to make the sacrifices, but at what cost? Fame may take away you being yourself, like, for example, having to be publicly agreeable all of the time. Is it worth selling your soul to please the world? Fame requires that. You won't find many celebrities who speak their mind, but for the sake of self-preservation, will turn a blind eye to the wrong and publicly condemn the right. There is so much baggage in even a little fame that it isn't really worth it.

Is it sufficient to be well-off, but not famous or rich, and are happy and enjoy life as it unfolds? Seek something that gives you more self-meaning, because that will be the most fulfilling.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And I can respond to God "Okay, you determine if I can be trusted or not".
It's a lifelong process. Time will show our characters. Even those who call themselves Christian's, he know who's who. I include myself in my 35 plus year journey with him. He' known what's good for me vs what could go to my head. We don't want to ask for what we are not able to handle. At the same time he is generous to us all.

We can not trust our heart, so we must surrender it regularly to God.

[Jer 17:9 NIV] The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

[Pro 23:26 NIV] My son, give me your heart and let your eyes delight in my ways,

God can and will bless us, but still, it's not a ticket to do whatever we want.

[Pro 30:8-9 NIV] Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. 9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

We may have success we may have failure. At the end of the day, we should seek his approval. How he sees us is most important. Forgiveness is through Christ's life and death is the key.

[Psa 32:2 NIV] Blessed is the one whose sin the LORD does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit.

He is looking at the big picture

[Act 13:22 NIV] After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: 'I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.'

I don't know where your at in your spiritual journey. I hope this helps you. I started my journey with the Gospel of John. Everything center's around the person of Christ Jesus.

[Jhn 1:2-4, 14, 16 NET] The Word was with God in the beginning. 3 All things were created by him, and apart from him not one thing was created that has been created. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of mankind. ... 14 Now the Word became flesh and took up residence among us. We saw his glory - the glory of the one and only, full of grace and truth, who came from the Father. ... 16 For we have all received from his fullness one gracious gift after another.

Upvote 0