✟11,767.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys!

Lately I have been trying to find the faith and courage to invite Jesus into my life. I have never been really religious but lately am feeling the urge to get to know Jesus. But I really am struggling to find the faith to accept that he is real and can save me.

Last night I prayed to God to help me by granting me the faith to believe in and get to know Him. I truly want to let Jesus into my life but I feel there is so much pride, doubt, and fear holding me back.

I would really appreciate any prayers for me to find faith and be able to begin a relationship with Jesus. thanks :)

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi guys!

Lately I have been trying to find the faith and courage to invite Jesus into my life. I have never been really religious but lately am feeling the urge to get to know Jesus. But I really am struggling to find the faith to accept that he is real and can save me.

Last night I prayed to God to help me by granting me the faith to believe in and get to know Him. I truly want to let Jesus into my life but I feel there is so much pride, doubt, and fear holding me back.

I would really appreciate any prayers for me to find faith and be able to begin a relationship with Jesus. thanks :)

Hi Ryan! My only advice is to takes things slowly and treat Christianity as a lifestyle of exploration rather than as a destination to reach in the here and now ...

Welcome to CF!

2PhiloVoid :cool:

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi guys!

You have faith, no one that prays that does so without the Holy Spirit leading them. All it takes is a mustard seed of faith. Believe this and live.

I think its wise advice to read the Gospels. I would start with Mark first.

Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

RyanB92

Apr 13, 2019
UK
✟11,767.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have faith, no one that prays that does so without the Holy Spirit leading them. All it takes is a mustard seed of faith. Believe this and live.

I think its wise advice to read the Gospels. I would start with Mark first.

Thank you, this is so true. I do feel very different to the times I have prayed before. Before it was just repeating what I had memorised as I child, but this time felt as if I was actually speaking to God and believing what I was saying. And I part of me felt like I really would get a response of some kind. I didn't consider this faith, more like wishful thinking.

But I think know that its true, and this is the first seed of faith that has been placed within me. I just pray that it will begin to grow :)

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi guys!

:heart: Joining my prayer with your prayer, Ryan. How precious that you are seeking God, for God promises that when we seek Him with all our hearts, we WILL find Him.

God bless you Ryan, and welcome to CF. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you guys so much. Honestly, I feel so welcome here and it makes me feel like if this is how kind, welcoming, and full of love followers of Christ are, imagine how much more He must be!

:heart: He is. May He reveal His precious Father-heart to you, Ryan. Praying. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

J.P. Zaleta

Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2019
Trenton
✟52,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys!

My Response to your request Ephesians 3:14-20 (MSG)

14 "My response is to get down on my knees before the Father,
15 this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth.
16 I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit—not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength—
17 that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love,
18 you'll be able to take in with all Christians the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights!
19 Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.
20 God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us."

And I ask that He would make know to you:

The truth of His existence
The reality of His love of us before we even came into existence
That His love is unconditional :clap:
That while we were sinners He did the greatest act of love and died for us
That His gospel for us is life and life more abundantly.

Romans 5:8 (KJV)
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PoppyB

Apr 5, 2019
Bolton
✟30,915.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys!

Easter is a good time to turn to Jesus as you realise the sacrifices he made for us. If you turn to him and repent (turn away from) and ask forgiveness for those issues you have listed he will hear you and come into your life. He knows your heart and knows if you truly want to give your life to him and he will bless you.

Upvote 0