Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
we haven't talked to each other for about 3 weeks now. i have been stressed and i normally close off from the world to say the least when i'm stressed. not a good trait, but hey we all have things that aren't quo say "healthy".

so he showed up out of no where to see me. now grant it, my stress i wouldn't call it as something leading me to things being bad. i think i've come along way dealing with stress but i'm a failure from time to time.

so he came and we actually didn't fight(we actually don't fight anymore, but anymore the minute confliction comes, i'm ready to go on the offensive because i prefer to protect myself than to deal with pointless confrontations that are just mere overly emotional nonsense). i've noticed how blantantly blunt and crass i've become. i calmed that down and it went really well.

well he gave me a copy of the new testament. i liked how he called it. it's his planner. i love his honesty. "i may not get them all done, but i keep it with me not to be a pious man, but to just have it there as a reminder that of what i should be doing instead of what i do at times." he asked me if i read my Bible anymore, and i said no. well he said, just take it and do what you want with it, but i like the idea he applies the Bible to. him and i even share the same concerns with the Gospel...meaning that we hope there is power in the Gospel. ironically enough i have come to grisp with my own faith that i've lost it and the only parts that are left is how am i to live my life in this life instead of all the mythological tales that have lost all its meaning to me.

so i won't say it is something to save whatever faith is lost, or going away but it is nice to have that from my father to just keep seeking God and in the sense still seeking God in the Gospels.

so i do praise the Divine/God for this today. besides hanging out with my friend and playing golf and picking up two fantastic albums and a new golf club, this made the day. blessings to all!

Upvote 0

crishmael

nothing but the rain
Aug 29, 2008
Tejas
✟32,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would like to thank God that my brother was able to get financial aid and go back to college. He's enjoying his classes, working hard, and feels very positive about the future. I am grateful He has given me a wonderful brother and a best friend.

Upvote 0

ahigherway

Jun 17, 2010
Italy
Visit site
✟15,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm grateful to the Lord for this forum, too. It's truly a blessing to hear real experiences from others who are relying on the Mercy of God for every step! He is the Only One, the Way, the Life, and He is guiding each of us towards a deeper understanding of who we are in Him!!

Blessings to all,
brian

Upvote 0

Bron

Aug 2, 2009
Near the bottom of the world
✟7,883.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
To Octorock and Brian - that's so cool! And I'll third the thought...

Also wanted to tell about something really cool that happened on Friday - my daughter has a little purple kiwi bird, which she lost about 6 weeks ago at the church we go to. I have searched high and low for it there, but on Friday she asked for it again, and since we were nearby, I decided to go past the church and ask at the office. Before going in, I said to my girl, let's ask Jesus to find your kiwi.
So I went in, and the lady there took me to the creche, which I'd already searched thoroughly, but when I turned around, there was the kiwi!! It took my breath away, because I would not have expected it to turn up naturally, and yet there it was. I was really blown away, because it's another example of how God even cares about the concerns of little kids.

Another a similar thing happened was when my son was younger - he had a big thing for balloons, he'd make me draw faces on them, and they were not simply balloons, but Friend Balloons. So one day, he insisted on taking a Friend Balloon into town - it was a very windy day, and inevitably, the balloon popped out of his hand. I made a dash, but I knew I wasn't going to get it. Now, my son has aspergers, and that balloon was Very Important to him, so I said in my head, Oh, please catch that balloon, God. The next moment, the balloon was caught up in a small whirlwind. It was still a good few metres away, so I wasn't sure it wasn't going to blow away before I got there, but it stayed caught until I was able to walk up to it and get it back! Small things, but big to a child :) But it's the same God who loves us...

Upvote 0

LittleFeather

Apr 23, 2011
✟7,719.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praise

I have a lot to praise God for. He brought me back into ministry, in a way!

A Christian since 1979, I tried many denominations. After God my love was physics and science. I never had a conflict with my faith and my scientific side. I did not want to offend other Christians by disagreeing with their views, and kept silent many years.

I wanted to serve, and was a candidate for the Methodist ministry, but shortly before completion, I could not go through with it. So for many years I just tried to make a difference on a personal level.

I happened to be talking with a famous creationist author, who will go unnamed, about countering some debates. When I suggested that Genesis and scientific theories like the Big Bang and Evolution might not be in conflict with Genesis, he went off. I was a Heretic for suggesting such a thing, God would punish me, and I should not spread such heresy to others.

I was angry and got to thinking. Is showing that Genesis and science are not in conflict a bad thing? It might bring many to seek God that doubted before. The faith of some could be strengthened.

So if he can write books, so can I. Next thing I know I am published.
My book is called "Simply Logic and Reason"

So I guess God got me into the ministry one way or another :)
May it lead some to him.

Upvote 0

AnthonyMichaelPraisesGod

blessedandtotallyworthy
Sep 6, 2012
in a mystery
Visit site
✟8,219.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
i thank God for preserving me and my family through the stumbling i have recently gone through. He is very precious and sweet and enduring. I thank Him for reminding me that we are under grace, and not under law, and for reminding me that He loves me. I love praising You, Jesus, and I am so grateful for You purifying my heart and preserving my body through this chaos. I thank You in advance for carrying me through this transition and bringing me into not only the company of the righteous by faith but for bringing me into a place where i can belong and flourish. i am such a ridiculous mess who cant seem to make up his mind but You are so patient and enduring. I really appreciate it. Please guide our brothers and sisters and help us to follow You and You alone. Help us to cry and laugh and open up our hearts to You that You may enter forever. Help us to choose life, Lord, because we are so weak and it is so hard to always choose anything sometimes. Thank You for this forum and for purifying our hearts. To the pure, all things are pure, and who is more pure than You, infinite understanding God of ours. xoxoxox
and p.s. i am sorry for ever even batting an eyelash or looking away at all ever even for a moment but thank You for forgiving us all and carrying us through. no man is truly worthy of Your infinite glory. <3 <3 <3

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UnceasinglyPray

May 5, 2007
✟7,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been going to Physical Therapy due to pain in my right leg. It's gotten so excruciating at times, I pray and the Lord helps me get to my car. I've only gone about 3-4 times and when I left there the pain seemed to be worse, but and I went today and I did some sitting exercises, they seem to be the best for me!! PTL. My Therapist found something that is beneficial.

Upvote 0