Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The past 2 days have been probably the best in such a long time.

My father and I have FINALLY, after three long years of not seeing each other, not talking to each other face to face spent thanksgiving with one another.

1. It went great. We had a few things to talk about the past with, which was fine because we both clarified to one another that we weren't criticizing each other. We both acknowledged our mistakes with one another in our lives. Finally, a father and son type of a relationship is being born again. It makes me so happy. He has helped me out with things that I need for my new apartment that I will be moving into next week and giving me the support I have been needing from him, but I finally can look at myself as a son that is finally pleasing his father. It makes me so happy. (sorry getting emotional, haha.)

2. I got my own apartment a few weeks ago. I canno wait to move into it.

3. The friends I have whom have been so willing to help me out here lately.

I'll end it here.

Upvote 0

Multi-Elis

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2003
Paris
Visit site
✟17,911.00
Faith
Christian
Thanks for starting this thread.

Yoopie!
Some immigrent friends of mine had to move houses. Problems: their salary is less than three times the size of an appartement they want to rent. They are immigrents, have accents. Don't want to live in the same departement (where the riots were going on around Paris) because the paper work goes so slow, that they never got their family allocation. (you need to line up from 2 in the morning to get your papers renewed. In Paris -- only from 7 in the morning)

I was with them the day their step mom made them fit a nice new (second hand) big couch in their appartement. It didn't fit in their current 2 room appartement. My friend, was crying because it was so hopeless, that they'd ever move to an appartement where the couch would be the right proportion.

Today they moved into such a place!
(That whas what I prayed for: that the appartement would mach the couch)

They had visited a hundred places. And then finally the oldest child asked why they didn't just pray. And they did. And then somebody was willing to rent to them, in Paris, even though the salary was only twice the rent price.

I'm so happy for them.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks for starting this thread.

Yoopie!
Some immigrent friends of mine had to move houses. Problems: their salary is less than three times the size of an appartement they want to rent. They are immigrents, have accents. Don't want to live in the same departement (where the riots were going on around Paris) because the paper work goes so slow, that they never got their family allocation. (you need to line up from 2 in the morning to get your papers renewed. In Paris -- only from 7 in the morning)

I was with them the day their step mom made them fit a nice new (second hand) big couch in their appartement. It didn't fit in their current 2 room appartement. My friend, was crying because it was so hopeless, that they'd ever move to an appartement where the couch would be the right proportion.

Today they moved into such a place!
(That whas what I prayed for: that the appartement would mach the couch)

They had visited a hundred places. And then finally the oldest child asked why they didn't just pray. And they did. And then somebody was willing to rent to them, in Paris, even though the salary was only twice the rent price.

I'm so happy for them.

:clap: awesome!

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I praise God for setting me free and for all the times He causes me to feel that wonderful desire in my heart for Him! I praise Him for coming near to me, for gently leading me, for being so patient with me. I praise Him for giving me sight, for helping me see truth, for restoring the years the locusts have eaten. I praise Him for giving me my own mind, my own thoughts, my own feelings, my own choices. I praise Him for setting me free. Thank You Lord for SANITY! Thank You Lord for INTELLIGENCE!! Thank You Lord for PASSION!! Thank You Lord for CONSCIENCE!!! Thank You Lord for every healthy, right, good, and holy impulse and desire You place inside me, You awaken within me, You allow me to feel and taste and know. Praise You for light and truth. Praise You for shattering strongholds and lies. Praise You for revealing all things. Praise You for Your unfathomable mercy to the undeserving!!!
:bow:
O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare your praise. --Psalm 51:15

Upvote 0

TieDye

Feb 26, 2007
The Shire
✟7,989.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I finally got the kickstart I needed to stop just talking about volunteering, and start doing something about it! I contacted the Chattanooga food bank and the local animal shelter about volunteering, and I heard back from both of them in the last two days about doing volunteer orientation. I'm going to call them back today. I'm just very thankful that I stopped talking about it and started taking some action.

Also the beautiful weather we've had here lately!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Multi-Elis

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2003
Paris
Visit site
✟17,911.00
Faith
Christian
Yesterday I led a hike: I witnessed two small miracles:
A friend of mine forgot to buy his train ticket to the hike. When the ticket checkers came, I knew the scenario: 40 Euros fine. But no: my friend went straight to the checkers before they checked him, explained his problem, and they forgave him! Close call.

Then another woman called me up: She had missed the train and wanted to catch up with us. The problem was that the trains came only every half an hour! We couldn't afford to make 20 people wait for her. I told her to catch up with us farther away... a complicated thing. Then two people asked to use the loo before the hike started. So when we got off the train, I showed people the loo. Sudenly 10 people wanted to use it! And there was only one to go around. So half an hour later, the lady who missed her train was able to join us because we were still there waiting for every one to finish!
God worked things out for these people. I'm so thankfull.

Upvote 0

TheManeki

Christian Humanist
Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
✟21,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A friend of mine's sixteen-year-old son was in a car hit by a drunk driver a month ago, and sustained heavy head injuries. He was kept in a medically induced coma for nearly a week, and the doctors feared there would be a lot of brain damage. But he surprised everyone and is doing well. Originally, the doctors thought he'd still be in the hospital and just starting physical therapy by now; instead, he's going home today and will be doing occupational therapy on an outpatient basis.

Upvote 0

Multi-Elis

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2003
Paris
Visit site
✟17,911.00
Faith
Christian
I just wanted to praise God that I found an internship quickly. I needed one badly, and have no contacts in my field, so I was so happy that I found one quite quickly (wrote a letter in the morning, got an interview in the evening. The internship is not what we call "most interesting" but I don't get bored, so I'm thankfull.
I had already spent a whole summer two years ago looking for a job in vain, and when ever I go to interviews I start to tremble and talk strangely. But here, I applied for the internship and I got the interview in the evening. When I got there, rather than being interviewed, I was shown what I would need to do. So I wasn't nervous and I wasn't trembling. And I got the intership!
So I'm so thankfull.
I have multiple bosses and I get along very well with some of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AngelusSax

Believe
Apr 16, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Praise God!

I have been helping a friend out for a few years now, emotionally. She's a few states away geograpshically, so it's been on the phone and on the internet and through regular mail that I've been helping her. I sent some money to her even to help her out in some dire times.

Well, now I'm finally getting the chance to help her not just a little, but to completely change her life. See, she's been in a precarious-to-bad situation with her family for quite some time, and they often threaten to kick her out on her own (and she only recently got a job to where she could at all afford it, and even now it'd be a stretch). But the house I own, which my dad lives in, is about to become unoccupied, as he is moving an hour away as he re-marries (mom died a year ago). This means that I can now rent it out.

Here's the greatest part. Another friend of mine needs a place to rent, so he'll actually be renting it, but he's already agreed she can be a roommate (and just in case anyone is thinking this could facilitate some horizontal mambo, it won't, just trust me). The best part is, he has no problem paying all of the rent (which about half what I'd charge a stranger that I wouldn't really trust with the house anyway) until she can get a job up here and be able to afford her half (which'd come to roughly $215 per month).

I can finally offer her what I've wanted to for years: a place to come and live should things go for the worst at her home, or even if she decides she just needs to move away anyway.

Praise God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, the inseperable yet distinct persons of the Almighty Triune Godhead!

Upvote 0

mushowani

Jan 16, 2007
Bulawayo
✟8,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lord I jus wanna thank u for the gift of life!! for me to live is Christ. I do not even pay for the air that I breathe...
day in day out you keep me alive all because you love me dearly. If it had been of man... I could have been long dead but I'm thankful that you are so loving, compassionate, merciful and gracious.

All I can give you is praise 'from a greatful heart'.... and its not even adequate but I know that u are so considerate for you do not turn away a broken and contrite heart.

thank you JESUS
maita Jesu:) :)

Upvote 0