MN John

Oct 23, 2005
Gallifrey to Trenzalore
✟30,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi. I just found the forum. I don't have much time to explore right now. But I'll be back later.

For now I have just one question ... In the Nicene Creed the words "and the Son" are enclosed in square brackets [like this]. These three words were added later in an attempt to strengthen the creeds affirmation of Christ's deity. However, those words do not appear in John 15:21 and can be interpreted to downplay the holy Spirit's co-equal deity with the Father and the Son. So I don't agree that they should be a part of the creed. According to the rules of this site, do the square brackets indicate that adhering to that part of the creed is optional?

God bless you all.

John

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
John, welcome here!
Forum rules seem to be there to protect conversations from continual attack. I don't think you need to worry about details as long as you're here to support others. There are similar rules to protect some subdivisions, like denominations and women's discussions. I'm sure a mod will let you know if you're overstepping.

You'll find a huge diversity of believers here. I hope you have a good experience!

Reactions: MN John
Upvote 0
S

Sappheire

Hello,
555f9b8b.gif
to Christian Forums

Reactions: MN John
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.