I've Got a Secret ;-)
Oct 20, 2004
Georgia, USA
✟2,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
I wanted to start this thread so we ladies could offer praise to God and encouragement to the men for being our brothers in Christ. It is you guys who exemplify Christ in your actions and words that help us ladies understand that not all men are wolves in sheep's clothing. You minister to our children, young people, and adults alike in our churches. You honor your parents. You are hard workers and continue to edify God even in oftentimes tumultuous and sinful work environments. You make us want to be Proverbs women and help us guard our hearts and our purity.

So for that I want to thank God, first and foremost, and thank you for being our brothers in Christ. :clap:

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Isn't it funny how we ladies can sure find enough bad things to say about guys but not any good things?!? ;)

I am thankful for our Christian brothers. I am telling you, for awhile I wondered if there were any godly men around, there sure didn't seem to be many where I live!). And then I found CF. I was glad to find men who gave me hope that there were godly men who still honored godly women and were still seeking them! :)

I have learned a lot about (and from) our Christian brothers in this forum and I thank them for sharing so openly with us. It's good having them around (and not just to kill snakes and spiders :p )! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

jepvc4

Warrior Saint
Feb 20, 2004
Columbia, Missouri
Visit site
✟655.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If it weren't for women, there wouldn't be as much joy in being chivalrous knights in shining armor. Not to say that we would degrade immediately, we would all pursue honorable holy lives, but having women around....you complete us. Without women there would be no fair maidens to rescue and capture the hearts of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victorian Rose

The Lord is my Strength
Feb 19, 2004
Iowa
✟24,452.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What a wonderful thread! Thank you, Fluffy, for posting it.

I must also thank my brothers in Christ. Because of good Christian men, I learned not to hate all men in general. I thank God for placing His men in my life to teach me to trust and love again.

Upvote 0

Speluncher

Jul 23, 2004
✟15,352.00
Faith
Christian
fluffy_rainbow said:
I wanted to start this thread so we ladies could offer praise to God and encouragement to the men for being our brothers in Christ. It is you guys who exemplify Christ in your actions and words that help us ladies understand that not all men are wolves in sheep's clothing. You minister to our children, young people, and adults alike in our churches. You honor your parents. You are hard workers and continue to edify God even in oftentimes tumultuous and sinful work environments. You make us want to be Proverbs women and help us guard our hearts and our purity.

So for that I want to thank God, first and foremost, and thank you for being our brothers in Christ. :clap:
What about loving and respecting men even when they aren't perfect, when they make mistakes, when they fail, and when they break your rules? If you only have it in your heart to love the "good Christian men" as described in your post, then you shouldn't love any real, living, human man.

If your love can only extend to the "good Christian men," then it probably isn't worth anything and probably isn't really love.

Upvote 0

Victorian Rose

The Lord is my Strength
Feb 19, 2004
Iowa
✟24,452.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Speluncher said:
What about loving and respecting men even when they aren't perfect, when they make mistakes, when they fail, and when they break your rules? If you only have it in your heart to love the "good Christian men" as described in your post, then you shouldn't love any real, living, human man.
Can't take a compliment?;)

I can only speak for myself so I will say this to your post. I was giving thanks to you and to God for the goodness that is in you. I realize that my Christian brothers stumble but I also know that they try to walk with Christ. That they try to lead a life that Our Lord would be proud of.

I hated all men because of the abuse I suffered at the hands of 2 men. God had to do a work in my heart and place Christian men in my life that I could learn to trust and love. That work is a miracle to me and I thank God for the Christian men he put in my path and the work he did in my heart. I will always be thankful to and for good Christian men.

Upvote 0

Speluncher

Jul 23, 2004
✟15,352.00
Faith
Christian
Rainbow Rose said:
Can't take a compliment?;)
I'll admit that I'm insecure, and I dare say that there are other men feel this way too, but it doesn't feel like a compliment, it feels like a threat or a challenge. It extends "love" to a null set and by implication sets a standard that can't be met. We see our faults before us everyday and thus, when you mention "godly Christian man," there are relatively few of us who say "yes, that's me."

Christ loves me when I am bad, when I fail, when I hurt others, when I hurt myself, when I am weak. Wordly "love" -- Christian "love" -- is reserved for the lovable.

Upvote 0

Victorian Rose

The Lord is my Strength
Feb 19, 2004
Iowa
✟24,452.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Speluncher said:
I'll admit that I'm slightly paranoid, but it doesn't feel like a compliment, it feels like a threat or a challenge. It extends "love" to a null set and by implication sets a standard that can't be met.

Wordly "love" -- Christian "love" -- is reserved for the lovable. Christ loves me when I am bad, when I fail, when I hurt others, when I hurt myself, when I am weak.
Well, it's a good thing that I don't use the (eros) world kind of love when talking about love but the (agape) God kind of love.

We all fall short in one way or another. The only perfect person is Christ. The thing I have learned while learning to trust and love men is that humans have a great capacity for love if they allow themselves to feel it. Most don't because they are affraid of being hurt. Once that fear is overcome, you can and will feel agape love for all. It was that love that got me to lead one of my abusers in the sinner's prayer.

While learning to trust and love others, I had to learn to love myself as Christ loves me. I am my own worst critic. No one is harder on me than me. Every sin I committed, I racked myself over the coals. The guilt I heaped on myself was terrible. I was letting my imperfections tell me that I was unlovable. In learning to love myself sins and all, I learned to love others sins and all. I am not perfect in this, after all the only perfect person is Christ. When I realize I have fallen short, I ask God for His love to show through me. He always answers that prayer.

I have kinda rambled here. I just wanted to show you that we aren't all expecting knights in shining armor and that agape love is obtainable from your sisters in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nhzname

Work in progress ... Phil. 1:6
Oct 21, 2004
Vancouver
Visit site
✟18,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thank God for men 'cause He created women out of them! :p
:doh: *Takes foot out of mouth*
But seriously, Christian or non-Christian, there are some great guys out there. I do thank the Lord for my Christian brothers, though. Through them, He ensures that His ways continue to be passed down from generation to generation.

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mod Hat ON-

Ok guys, before this thread gets ruined, let's take it for what it is worth. I hope fluffy rainbow doesn't mind me stepping in here. This thread is to uplift our brothers in Christ. Please, take it that way. It is not saying we expect all men to be perfect and if they are not, we do not or can not respect them. That is not the spirit in which fluffy intended the thread. Please take the compliments that are offered in the spirit that are intended-love. Don't ruin a thread that is started in love and fellowship and respect. If you have a ax to grind, this is not the thread.

Mod Hat OFF

Upvote 0

nhzname

Work in progress ... Phil. 1:6
Oct 21, 2004
Vancouver
Visit site
✟18,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
wvmtnkid said:
Mod Hat ON-

Ok guys, before this thread gets ruined, let's take it for what it is worth. I hope fluffy rainbow doesn't mind me stepping in here. This thread is to uplift our brothers in Christ. Please, take it that way. It is not saying we expect all men to be perfect and if they are not, we do not or can not respect them. That is not the spirit in which fluffy intended the thread. Please take the compliments that are offered in the spirit that are intended-love. Don't ruin a thread that is started in love and fellowship and respect. If you have a ax to grind, this is not the thread.

Mod Hat OFF
Thank you for the much needed input! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Victorian Rose

The Lord is my Strength
Feb 19, 2004
Iowa
✟24,452.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
wvmtnkid said:
Mod Hat ON-

Mod Hat OFF
Thank you. :hug:

Upvote 0