pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, if the sock is rubber then I would think it would technically be a shoe.:sorry:

For those unfamiliar with the lingo, a sock on an internet board is a false persona. Such as having two different user accounts on the same board - then you could argue with yourself I suppose or post things that people won't like but still have another user that people will like.

However, on an internet message board, you really have no idea if people are being honest about who they are or not.

So, um, what was the original question anyway? :scratch::tutu:
did I answer it at all ? :swoon:::scratch:

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
when rubber hits the road...

is using a sock a form of internet deception which should be discouraged?

Steve

It could be Steve. I think it really depends on the purpose of the sock. Some folks do have additional usernames simply to do pets and other things.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, if the sock is rubber then I would think it would technically be a shoe.:sorry:

For those unfamiliar with the lingo, a sock on an internet board is a false persona. Such as having two different user accounts on the same board - then you could argue with yourself I suppose or post things that people won't like but still have another user that people will like.

However, on an internet message board, you really have no idea if people are being honest about who they are or not.

So, um, what was the original question anyway? :scratch::tutu:
did I answer it at all ? :swoon:::scratch:

^_^

Kinda weird though. Two different accounts on the same board. Tweddle dee and tweddle dum.

Upvote 0

WaltonM

Apr 29, 2010
✟15,300.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

so there are people who have the time to argue with themselves... or they try to get semi-anonymous people to like one of their false personas?

My advice to them: get Netflix. Its a better way to fill up the hours.

Upvote 0