Crucified for you.

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,536.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
All four of the gospels tell the story of the Lord's crucifixion; very few people who claim to be Christian doubt this story, though some make a fuss about the use of a cross. The story of the crucifixion is about a number of things, sacrifice, expiation and propitiation, justice, suffering, grace, and salvation. When the story is completed, we see Jesus, raised from the dead, ascended to heaven. If this were all that it meant, then we are left wondering how it applies to us? The answer is a theological question, and each branch of Christianity may have different answers. What is your answer, how does the crucifixion and resurrection apply to you?

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All four of the gospels tell the story of the Lord's crucifixion; very few people who claim to be Christian doubt this story, though some make a fuss about the use of a cross. The story of the crucifixion is about a number of things, sacrifice, expiation and propitiation, justice, suffering, grace, and salvation. When the story is completed, we see Jesus, raised from the dead, ascended to heaven. If this were all that it meant, then we are left wondering how it applies to us? The answer is a theological question, and each branch of Christianity may have different answers. What is your answer, how does the crucifixion and resurrection apply to you?
The crucifixion; i.e., atonement/payment for sin, applies to me only by my faith in and trust thereon.

His resurrection applies to me in that it is proof that Jesus is who he said he is, and my faith is not in vain,
and also it is the firstfruits of that resurrection harvest to come of which I will be a part.

Upvote 0