Postahoilcs Anonymous (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((84)

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yay! It's good that they fixed it :clap: It must have been difficult to live without good water :eek:

Hmm... but if your book is good, then maybe you'll get more money from it than it would cost you to have it published :)

Yes, that sounds very profound...yay for being profound ^_^

Upvote 0

mochagirl

Even so, it is well with my soul.
Aug 23, 2004
✟19,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
*blushes as she tiptoes into the PA thread*

Hallo. :wave:

Guess what guess what guess what??????!!!!!!! We're getting real internet--like, of the cable variety--on Wednesday!!! Finally, after two and a half long years of waiting, and hoping, and enduring dial-up and then satellite...it's finally come to us. *claps and jumps up and down in a ridiculously perky manner*

:) I'm happy about it, can you tell? :)

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hi! :wave:

*blushes as she tiptoes into the PA thread*

Hallo. :wave:

Guess what guess what guess what??????!!!!!!! We're getting real internet--like, of the cable variety--on Wednesday!!! Finally, after two and a half long years of waiting, and hoping, and enduring dial-up and then satellite...it's finally come to us. *claps and jumps up and down in a ridiculously perky manner*

:) I'm happy about it, can you tell? :)
Hi! Yay for having real internet! I hope you can get online more often now :p

Upvote 0

MamaChris

Please Read My Blog
Dec 8, 2006
South Carolina
✟51,431.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
01AwcA9hT1VwEAAAABAAAAAAAAAAA_.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mochagirl

Aug 23, 2004
✟19,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Heehee. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is awesome. (Compared to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, which just creeped me out, even at a young age. *shudders*) Johnny Depp rocks. :cool:

So whatcha been up to lately? Exciting things? Or boring things? Or some of each, as well as some things neither boring nor exciting (those would be my favorite, personally)?

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I agree, it was a good movie :) Have you just seen it? I haven't seen the older one, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...

Well..currently I'm having a summer break, so my main activity is being lazy. :) I also started the weirdest blog on the internet, but I'm lazy at updating it. I can give you a link to it, though. :) I've been also playing games... recently I finished playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. And I've been reading books by Haruki Murakami. He writes very weird books, but they are interesting. Hmm... And I have my own private flying castle. I can even show you a pic of it, if you're curious. :p

What about you? :)

Upvote 0

mochagirl

Aug 23, 2004
✟19,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Ooh, I want a private flying castle! :clap: That's even better than a magic carpet. ^_^

No, I saw Charlie, etc., back when it first came out, and we (my family) have the DVD. It's been a while since the last time I saw it though.

I have been...keeping myself busy, though my definition of busy might differ from others'. Mostly reading and writing (I've been in a huge fantasy mood lately, hehe--right now I'm reading through Gerald Morris's Squire's Tale series, which are retellings of King Arthur legends, among other books...).

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
A private flying castle is great ^_^ Here is mine: http://i36.tinypic.com/2h8d3pd.jpg On my own private island that's floating in the air :D

Cool :) Yes, it's been a while since I last saw it too...

So you're having a nice time, fantasy is great :) I haven't read that, though. Have you heard of Elantris, or Twilight? I want to read them sometime, because I've heard they are good. :) What did you write? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ryanswife

Opinionated One
Jul 7, 2008
✟8,160.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Heehee. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is awesome. (Compared to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, which just creeped me out, even at a young age. *shudders*) Johnny Depp rocks. :cool:

So whatcha been up to lately? Exciting things? Or boring things? Or some of each, as well as some things neither boring nor exciting (those would be my favorite, personally)?

Awwww, I love Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was a good movie, but it doesn't compare to the original in my book. It's just a personal preference, though. :)

Upvote 0

mochagirl

Aug 23, 2004
✟19,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I've never heard of Elantris, but Twilight I have. If you mean Stephenie Meyer's Twilight (I'm sure there are many books called Twilight). I'm not a huge undead vampire/werewolf-type of person (I prefer fairies/faeries and knights and kings and princesses and magicians and wizards and things like that more...I'm a sucker for a good fairy tale), but I love her books. (Maybe 'cuz her vampires aren't really...traditional vampires. Sort of. A little.)

Oooh, I like your flying castle in the air. It's very magical-looking. Reminds me of Diana Wynne Jones book, Castle In The Air (can't imagine how I made that connection :p).

Currently I am working on a story that is about a girl whose father disappears (he's kidnapped), and she has to go on a quest (I guess) to find him, and she hires this guide who's got a rather shady past to help her. There're evil magicians and dragons (and some political intrigue) involved. I haven't completely finished plotting it yet, but I'm mostly there.

It sounds kind of silly now that I think about it. :blush: But I like it anyway.

Upvote 0

mochagirl

Aug 23, 2004
✟19,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Awwww, I love Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was a good movie, but it doesn't compare to the original in my book. It's just a personal preference, though. :)
That's okay, I won't hold it against you if you won't hold it against me. :p ;)

Hallo :wave:

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've never heard of Elantris, but Twilight I have. If you mean Stephenie Meyer's Twilight (I'm sure there are many books called Twilight). I'm not a huge undead vampire/werewolf-type of person (I prefer fairies/faeries and knights and kings and princesses and magicians and wizards and things like that more...I'm a sucker for a good fairy tale), but I love her books. (Maybe 'cuz her vampires aren't really...traditional vampires. Sort of. A little.)

Oooh, I like your flying castle in the air. It's very magical-looking. Reminds me of Diana Wynne Jones book, Castle In The Air (can't imagine how I made that connection :p).

Currently I am working on a story that is about a girl whose father disappears (he's kidnapped), and she has to go on a quest (I guess) to find him, and she hires this guide who's got a rather shady past to help her. There're evil magicians and dragons (and some political intrigue) involved. I haven't completely finished plotting it yet, but I'm mostly there.

It sounds kind of silly now that I think about it. :blush: But I like it anyway.
Yes, that's the Twilight I meant... I'm glad you like her books, I think I'll like them too. :) As for me, I like most kinds of fantasy... no matter if it's about vampires or faeries. It could be even about vampire faeries, as long as the story is good. :p

Thanks, I'm glad you like my flying castle! :) That's an interesting connection, I've never read that book. :p But I've seen a movie titled "Laputa: Castle in the Sky". My castle is different than in that movie, though... I don't remember what it looked like, but I'm sure it was different. ^_^ I think mine resembles more the flying castle from the game The Longest Journey, but it's not the same castle.

The plot sounds interesting! If you write it and get it published, I'll definitely buy it and read it :)

Upvote 0