• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Post your sucesses!

Aug 8, 2010
✟8,020.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
I think this section needs something uplifting. Its time we posted some of our triumphs and sucesses great and small. Instead of focusing on how hard it is to live with panic/anxiety disorder focus on what you are doing to make it better :thumbsup:

Post whatever you want to! It could be a long story about you overcoming something or something simple like "today I faced my fear of snakes by looking at them in the pet store". It does not matter, whatever can be positive, uplifitng and an inspiration to others!

:amen:

Ramy Louis

May 12, 2010
Egypt; Cairo
✟7,899.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I was disparate more than 16 years ago and I started to smoke, In Egypt it's very usual to smoke, and Egypt is considered the second largest country after Pakistan in smoking rates.
I tried hundreds of times to quit, but I couldn't, about a year ago I had an idea, I started to sing any lovely anthem (Holy song for the Lord) when I feel the need to smoke.
I sang secretly in my mind or with high voice if I was alone.
After two weeks the appetence to smoke was weakened and my hopes arouse more and more and after one year, with God's will I knew I quit them finally, Thank God.

Upvote 0