• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Post-Tribulation vs. Pre-Tribulation.

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by -777warrior-, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willis Deal

Willis Deal Member

+0
    Is that not what i just said? There is an appointed time, God knows exactly when it will be. He isn't up there trying to decide moment by moment, 'should I send him now? no wait, maybe tomorrow'. There is a time appointed jesus won't come any sooner than that, nor any later than that. So jesus cannot come anytime, he can only come on the appointed time. We may not know when that appointed time is, it could be before I finish typing this post. But it is pointless to pray for the lord to tarry so that my family can be saved, etc. because the Lord isn't going to wait, everything is going to come right on the time it is supposed to happen.

2. postrib

postrib Well-Known Member

+0
    Christian
    In 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, I believe Paul makes clear that the apostasy and abomination of desolation must occur before the day Jesus comes to gather us together, for Jesus' coming to gather us together must destroy the Antichrist (verse eight).

I believe that Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, and 1 Corinthians 15:52 is referring to the same "coming" of Jesus and the same "gathering together" of the saints and the same "trumpet" and the same "clouds" as Matthew 24:29-31, which says all these will occur "immediately after the tribulation." I don't believe the scriptures teach a 3rd coming or a 2nd rapture.

http://www.geocities.com/postrib

3. Willis Deal

Willis Deal Member

+0
    post-trib,

I am well aware of what you believe. I believe differently. I have provided enough scripture to get anyone started down the path to finding out the truth from God's word. This forum doesn't provide the format for a comprehensive teaching on the subject, but if you will take the time to read the scriptures I've already posted and actually study them rather than looking for reasons to ignore them then you might very well find good reason to change what you believe. If you really want insight on what God is trying to tell us go to www.google.com and do a search on 'passover' and find out exactly what the feast means and see how it was fulfilled by the coming of Jesus Christ. When you're done with that type in 'feast of pentecost' and read the correlation between the feast and the falling of the holy spirit. After seeing how the feasts have already been fulfilled try typing in 'feast of trumpets'.

4. postrib

postrib Well-Known Member

+0
    Christian
    I don't believe I have ignored any of the scriptures.

Some teach that the Jewish feasts of the Old Testament require a pre-trib rapture, but can they cite any scriptures or ancient Jewish sources about the feasts that would require a pre-trib rapture?

We must be careful not to be led astray by any "traditions" or teachings of men which aren't in the Bible (Colossians 2:8, 2 Timothy 4:3-4).

http://www.geocities.com/postrib

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.