Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Thank you both for your work on this thread.

How far along are you in the 2 books? Any comments?

Any preference between them?
The Torba one is more practical in general. It assumes Christian Nationalism, and gives things to do. There is some good history in it though, which is helpful.

I’m not too far into the Wolfe book. It goes into much more detail. I wouldn’t call it scholarly, but it’s more scholarly than Torba’s.

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Torba one is more practical in general. It assumes Christian Nationalism, and gives things to do. There is some good history in it though, which is helpful.

I’m not too far into the Wolfe book. It goes into much more detail. I wouldn’t call it scholarly, but it’s more scholarly than Torba’s.

Thanks.

Do either touch on things like Theonomy? I think I recall you or @JM mentioning the topic earlier.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Thanks.

Do either touch on things like Theonomy? I think I recall you or @JM mentioning the topic earlier.
Jeff Durbin is probably the most consistent postmillennial (general equity) theonomist. Look for videos by apologia studios.

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jeff Durbin is probably the most consistent postmillennial (general equity) theonomist. Look for videos by apologia studios.

Thanks JM. I listened to this one. Have also read much of the Theonomy writings and discussions over the years & used to interact on American Vision quite a bit before they dropped the forum.

When you get into or finish the Christian Nationalism book, I'd like to read your thoughts either here or on a new thread if you should post. Same goes for @Hammster.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

BTW, Jeff and associates were working on a Church plant where I used to live. They stayed next door to me when they were in town. I had a few interesting but somewhat brief discussions with the associates and have watched them a bit since then.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Thanks.

I think it’s the principle behind a lot if it. I can’t recall if Torba mentions it.

I’m also reading Joe Boot’s Mission of God, and Rushdoony’s Institutes of Biblical Law. They definitely touch on theonomy and theocracy.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I love Rushdoony but he's not for everyone. Doug Wilson is my guy and Durbin of course because they refer to the principal of the Law under the administration of grace and are less literal than Rushdoony. Joel McDurmon has an older book titled Restoring America and a series of audio lectures by the same name worth listening to. They are free if you are into podcasts. I don't know where Joel stands now with theonomy but his older work is great.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States