LemonBlossom

Oct 2, 2014
✟8,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I have been in prayer for a long time over my salvation.

I came to Christ about 13 years ago.

When I came to Christ, I thought I was serious. Looking back I may have been hesitant to count the cost and fully repent of some things. It's likely l may have been still holding on to some things and asked Him to be the Lord of my life, assuming He would transform me. That doesn't sound like true repentence to me. I just can't remember my heart at the moment.

I was a fast growing sprout that got choked out and had a hard time with the costs. At times I went back to my vomit, willfully sinned for prolonged periods, stopped going to church, struggled with bitterness and hatred. Yes, wrongs were done to me, but that should not have deterred me. I pushed the convictions away but had no peace or rest.

My heart softened by the absolute grace
of God, I repented and began to obey, my heart was changed and I had a stronger fear of the Lord.

Was I actually born again before? If we don't love we don't have the Father? A dog goes back to it's vomit? Not willingly, but I did, then other sins came more willingly, justifying them.

I am so sad for how I was and how I trampled on Christ.

I am considering getting baptized again at church tomorrow.

Devin Hammond

Nov 25, 2020
San Clemente
✟3,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It is possible to fall away from Christ.

John 6:66

Matthew 13:20-21

The good news is like the prodigal son you can repent and confess your sins and come back to him.

Luke 15:11-32

1 John 1:9

Getting rebaptized is probably a good idea if you have made shipwreck of your faith.

Upvote 0

Devin Hammond

Nov 25, 2020
San Clemente
✟3,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It seems you've gotten more serious about your relationship with the Lord. That's good.

Did you get baptized?

Did you read the OP? She is considering being rebaptized because she fell away.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

When I came to Christ, I thought I was serious. Looking back I may have been hesitant to count the cost and fully repent of some things. It's likely l may have been still holding on to some things and asked Him to be the Lord of my life, assuming He would transform me. That doesn't sound like true repentence to me. I just can't remember my heart at the moment.

I was a fast growing sprout that got choked out and had a hard time with the costs. At times I went back to my vomit, willfully sinned for prolonged periods, stopped going to church, struggled with bitterness and hatred. Yes, wrongs were done to me, but that should not have deterred me. I pushed the convictions away but had no peace or rest.

of God, I repented and began to obey, my heart was changed and I had a stronger fear of the Lord.

Was I actually born again before? If we don't love we don't have the Father? A dog goes back to it's vomit? Not willingly, but I did, then other sins came more willingly, justifying them.

I'm 69. I've had all kinds of ups and downs since I was saved nearly 50 years ago. There were times when there was no sign that I was born again, yet deep down I knew that I was. We all struggle in many ways. Charles Spurgeon suffered bouts of depression. Personally, I don't look back too much. Dwelling on the past has never helped me in the present. Where you are now is what matters. And we need to forgive ourselves as well as others.

Upvote 0

LemonBlossom

Oct 2, 2014
✟8,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone. Looking back, if I had known about my sin/s that I was holding on to, it may have been more of a Jesus save me and help me let it go kind of place in my heart. I am insure that qualifies as real repentance. Everything else I believe I was very serious, at least I think. Maybe I wanted my life better.... the uneasy unknown and falling away is bothering me so badly. I can't tell if I needed discipline, which I saw, or I was needing to be really saved. According to scripture I was not as a saved person or in the light, but I also feel a greiving in my heart when I question it. This is so serious to me.

Upvote 0

Devin Hammond

Nov 25, 2020
San Clemente
✟3,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Thanks everyone. Looking back, if I had known about my sin/s that I was holding on to, it may have been more of a Jesus save me and help me let it go kind of place in my heart. I am insure that qualifies as real repentance. Everything else I believe I was very serious, at least I think. Maybe I wanted my life better.... the uneasy unknown and falling away is bothering me so badly. I can't tell if I needed discipline, which I saw, or I was needing to be really saved. According to scripture I was not as a saved person or in the light, but I also feel a greiving in my heart when I question it. This is so serious to me.

Powerful Repentance Prayers According to Psalm 32

A Life Changing Prayer For Forgiveness Of Sins and Repentance

Prayer For Repentance & Deliverance From Sin | Powerful Forgiveness Prayer

Upvote 0

Devin Hammond

Nov 25, 2020
San Clemente
✟3,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That second one was powerful for me. Thank you.

You’re welcome. We can chat anytime and you can PM me anytime you like. I have been a Christian most of my life but I also fell away a few times. I went to Bible College and I used to be a Pastor. I have knowledge of a lot of valuable resources and I can share some with you if you’d like. I am always here to talk if you need an ear. Listening to sermons online can really help build your faith. Here are a few websites that have sermons.

Grace to You

Calvary Chapel |

CSN Radio - CSN Radio

There are tons of Christian resources available on YouTube.

You also might enjoy reading my thread on prayers.

Please Post Various Prayers

God bless.
Your Friend In Christ

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes I read the OP AND usually when someone is going to be water baptized, they have been talked with about their salvation prior to that event - which was going to be my next questions - water? baptized. Since it was going to be at church, wasnt assuming that conversation had taken place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

UnpopularOpinion

Oct 18, 2020
Wroclaw
✟13,398.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hey
Again Repentance does not mean you stop doing certain sin.
God is Sinless and he repented multiple times example : Jonah 3:10 Exodus 32:14

It's good that you put your flesh down ( that's what Paul calls it ) and walk in spirit instead of in flesh ( that you try not to fulfill fleshly desires ).

Yes every time you sin you feel bad and have dubts , but that is not me or your mom or dad who tell you this but Holy Spirit which lives in believers is convincing them of sin so u feel bad about things u did which u shouldn't do.

But that means you have one inside of you.

Also there is difference between being saved and being Jesus's disciple.
Salvation is freely provided by Christ's sacrifice on cross for sins to these who believe , if you wanted to become disciple tho your life will be like Christ's life so miserable , you will be persecuted for sharing faith one way or another and experience pain and suffering both mentall and physicall.

You are sealed with HS of promise Ephesians 1:13-14
You become born again of spirit when you get your new resurrected body and "mind of Christ" at the resurrection not now.
Now you are living in corrupted body with it's desires and your body will never let you stop sinning.

Upvote 0

LemonBlossom

Oct 2, 2014
✟8,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I read the OP AND usually when someone is going to be water baptized, they have been talked with about their salvation prior to that event - which was going to be my next questions - water? baptized. Since it was going to be at church, wasnt assuming that conversation had taken place.
I wasnt in a church yet when ai came to Christ. Or thought I did.

Upvote 0

LemonBlossom

Oct 2, 2014
✟8,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey
Again Repentance does not mean you stop doing certain sin.
God is Sinless and he repented multiple times example : Jonah 3:10 Exodus 32:14

It's good that you put your flesh down ( that's what Paul calls it ) and walk in spirit instead of in flesh ( that you try not to fulfill fleshly desires ).

Yes every time you sin you feel bad and have dubts , but that is not me or your mom or dad who tell you this but Holy Spirit which lives in believers is convincing them of sin so u feel bad about things u did which u shouldn't do.

But that means you have one inside of you.

Also there is difference between being saved and being Jesus's disciple.
Salvation is freely provided by Christ's sacrifice on cross for sins to these who believe , if you wanted to become disciple tho your life will be like Christ's life so miserable , you will be persecuted for sharing faith one way or another and experience pain and suffering both mentall and physicall.

You are sealed with HS of promise Ephesians 1:13-14
You become born again of spirit when you get your new resurrected body and "mind of Christ" at the resurrection not now.
Now you are living in corrupted body with it's desires and your body will never let you stop sinning.
I thought we were all called to be and go and make disciples?

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've backslid many times in my life.

Sometimes it can take time to come to full repentance about certain things. And it's hard to let go of the flesh and let the spirit take over. It can be a struggle as Paul taught.

I think prayer and staying in his Word daily is what brings us closer and helps us stay on track.

But God is long suffering and patient, he wants us to come back to the fold and he will have open arms when we do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wandering misfit

Nowhere man
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2012
Indiana
✟54,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

I was a lot like you, getting rebaptized isn't going to change your status before God, only satisfy a need to be vindicated for not trusting fully. God knows.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi and read Rom 8:1-16 and baptism is not found there !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I have been in prayer for a long time over my salvation.I came to Christ about 13 years ago.When I came to Christ, I thought I was serious. Looking back I may have been hesitant to count the cost and fully repent of some things. It's likely l may have been still holding on to some things and asked Him to be the Lord of my life, assuming He would transform me. That doesn't sound like true repentence to me. I just can't remember my heart at the moment.I was a fast growing sprout that got choked out and had a hard time with the costs. At times I went back to my vomit, willfully sinned for prolonged periods, stopped going to church, struggled with bitterness and hatred. Yes, wrongs were done to me, but that should not have deterred me. I pushed the convictions away but had no peace or rest.My heart softened by the absolute grace

What is the answer?

Is it to get wet again every 5-7 yrs to solve your next guilt trip?
What if you are sprinkled or dunked again, and months from now you are doing again, what you are doing now?
Is water going to resolve that?
Can the city water supply make you better?
If it can, then go take a good long shower, and see if you come out dripping wet and holy.

So, then, what is the REAL problem in your head?

Well, the main one, is that you can never realize your salvation if you keep trying to view it as you want it to be..
In other words...... Salvation is not what you do. Its what God did for you... and you are not seeing this AS Your Salvation, yet.

Let me ask you a question...
Before you trusted Christ, and God saved you for all eternity, were you doing any christian works?
were you living holy?

So, why did God save you then? Why would He save you if you were not being good?

A.) Because JESUS was good for you. HE was Good in your Place. He was the "Good" that you never were, and will never be good enough to be......that God provided in your place.

If you can come to understand that God takes you and keeps you = ONLY based on Jesus's Life, Sacrificial Death, and Resurrection, ...if you can come to BELIEVE this, then you will stop trying to do what can't be done, and you will begin to REST in what God has already done for you as God's mercy and Grace....as "the GIFT of Salvation".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

5thKingdom

Mar 23, 2015
✟35,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A.) Because JESUS was good for you. HE was Good in your Place. He was the "Good" that you never were, and will never be good enough to be......that God provided in your place.

And how (exactly) do you know Jesus was "good" for him?
Jesus was very clear that some men were NEVER MEANT to be
saved... they were NEVER MEANT to have "their sins forgiven".
It is heresy to teach that Jesus was "good in your place" when
you are NOT talking about one of the elect.

If you can come to understand that God takes you and keeps you = ONLY based on Jesus's Life, Sacrificial Death, and Resurrection, ...if you can come to BELIEVE this, then you will stop trying to do what can't be done, and you will begin to REST in what God has already done for you as God's mercy and Grace....as "the GIFT of Salvation".

If you can do this...
If you can do that....
Is simply the heresy of a "works gospel".

The Bible PROMISES that only the "elect" can be saved.
And they were chosen before the foundation of the world
based ONLY on God's Good Pleasure and NOT on anything
they would do in their lifetime.

Jesus PROMISED that some men were NEVER MEANT
to "perceive" or to "understand" or to "be converted" or
to "have their sins forgiven". So for you to ASSUME everyone
CAN UNDERSTAND is simply assuming a false doctrine is Biblical.

Jim

Last edited:
Upvote 0