North west of England
✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When you get the time you should have a read through of Jacob Neusner’s The Theology of the Oral Torah. It is superb! It is striking to see how the questions that perplexed the sages and rabbis have their answer embodied in Jesus where justice and mercy meet.

Happy New Year! :hug:

If I may restate my previous commendation of God's Word in Human Words. :)

Both of those recommendations look really good - I would love to have time to read them at some stage... ! :sorry:
(I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by required reading at the moment!)

Happy New Year to you, too! :)

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To Iosias,
Thanks for the link I will look out for this. I have to say the reviews dont look promising; the revealtion of faith isnt necessarily dependent on an exact historical account. For example, I believe God wants us to understand the creation of the world for example in terms of 6, 24 hour days. Even from the rest of the Bible one can argue a thousand years is like a day to God, without knowing.
There is a mystery about God that we can well know by our own lack of ability to understand some concepts.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Karen.etc,

You do understand that the "Movement for Reform Judiasm" is the Jewish theological equivalent of the Jesus Seminar or Spong, don't you?

Not exactly an unbaised point of view. Anyway, I found his comments to be rather shallow, and somewhat typical of that school of thought- no real substance but highly theoretical nonetheless.

Upvote 0

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
My church is Pentecostal, but my position on inspiration/inerrancy would be right down the middle of the Anglican Catechisms. Not surprising considering that C.S. Lewis and +Tom Wright are major influences in my faith. And for me, the Chesterton/Tolkien/Lewis concept of "true myth" is key. (It all ties in with my custom title.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.