Portland protesters create own 'autonomous zone' by pitching tents, rebuilding barricades removed...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...police

From the article-

Demonstrators engaged 'in an attempt to disrupt officers as they walked in from the end of their shift'

Portland protesters early Wednesday began to set up tents in the park near the federal courthouse and have barricaded streets to create their own autonomous zone, likened to the since disbanded Capitol Hill Occupied Protest in Seattle.

Demonstrators began erecting tents in downtown Portland’s Lownsdale Square, across the street from the federal Pioneer Courthouse, one of the federal properties Homeland Security sought to protect by bringing federal officers into the city two weeks ago.

A camera at the Portland Standard Building showed protesters beginning to assemble tents late Tuesday night in the same park where “Occupy Portland” set up in 2011, KATU reported.

Continued below.
Portland protesters create own 'autonomous zone' by pitching tents, rebuilding barricades removed by police

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If anyone would bother to dig deeper than the frantic, panty-twisted, bedwetting Fox version: "As of 5 a.m., about a dozen demonstrators remained in the zone." (Protesters attempt to form so-called autonomous zone in downtown Portland parks) That's not an "autonomous zone", that's barely "a bunch of homeless guys begging for quarters" in most cities.

Yeah, such a THREAT to society. Throw 'em a bag of good coffee and they'll take each other out scuffling over it.

• Haha
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If anyone would bother to dig deeper than the frantic, panty-twisted, bedwetting Fox version: "As of 5 a.m., about a dozen demonstrators remained in the zone." (Protesters attempt to form so-called autonomous zone in downtown Portland parks) That's not an "autonomous zone", that's barely "a bunch of homeless guys begging for quarters" in most cities.

Yeah, such a THREAT to society. Throw 'em a bag of good coffee and they'll take each other out scuffling over it.
Everyone nationwide has gotten the message there isn't ANY reason to block traffic with barricades and disrupt other people's lives. They need to go home and be constructive by sitting down with leaders of the movement and those in power by sharing ideas for REAL change.
This behavior just says to me that they don't have any good ideas and don't have anything better to do with their time, such as volunteering in their communities.

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone nationwide has gotten the message there isn't ANY reason to block traffic with barricades and disrupt other people's lives. They need to go home and be constructive by sitting down with leaders of the movement and those in power by sharing ideas for REAL change.
This behavior just says to me that they don't have any good ideas and don't have anything better to do with their time, such as volunteering in their communities.

I went to a very liberal liberal arts college. It was so radicalizing that people went from it into things like the Ministry, community medicine, high positions in the Peace Corps, that kind of hardcore bleeding heart stuff. So, I get what you're saying.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,456.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
How adorable, a politician whose paycheck is based on how scared people are bleats about how people should be scared. TWELVE losers set up an "autonomous zone". I've met old ladies who are more dangerous than that.

These things always start somewhere! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums