inappropriate content ADDICTION - Why do so many struggle?

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is it simply the fault of the individual?
Or is there a demon/spirit constantly tempting the individual?

I think it's both the individual and the devil. The devil wants nothing more than to destroy homes and inappropriate contentography has been very good at that.

Ponography also seems to run hand-in-hand with excessive drug and alcohol abuse.

Many churches now hold meetings for these ones.

Such a destructive sin -- should be delt with ASAP.

I have seen and known many a good man and his family go down due to this one.

M-Bob

• Useful
Reactions: UnseenSaviour
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It seems also that God created men to be more visual and place more value on that.

Women seem to be more into feelings, emotions and emotional closeness.

Again. Seems more this way but there are exceptions to every rule so to speak.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Really, a lot of it comes from loneliness. People, men especially, just can't find the real, authentic love they're looking for, so they make do with lust. A lot of inappropriate content addiction is just trying to hide from the lack of true Godly love that people so deeply long for.

Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
And - How do people genuinely break this addiction and turn away from inappropriate content?

In US (and other Western nations), the majority are Christians, if they discipline themselves and don't compromise, don't support bad and corrupt things, the bad and corrupt things would die out. But no, that's not the reality.

They are shouting "Praise the Lord!", yet one moment later, they go to watch bad movies, watch bad TV programmes, buy bad magazines...

Why are bad things growing and growing? Would they grow if all Christians boycott them?

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
People love sex stuff so naturally they love inappropriate content. It's pure evil. And the really twisted part is real research on the mental damage caused by inappropriate content is either squashed or else suppressed so that the public doesn't understand how dangerous it is. There are probably a million reasons not to watch that stuff. But one of the most salient is how unhealthy it is.

It seems also that God created men to be more visual and place more value on that.

Women seem to be more into feelings, emotions and emotional closeness.
Women are watching inappropriate content in greater and greater numbers every year. It's quickly becoming something everybody does.

Reactions: Knee V
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Useful
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

When we are riding our bicycles down the boardwalk the 3 second rule keeps me from staring at bikinis more than 3 seconds. A lot can happen between that third and fourth second.
M-Bob

Reactions: Knee V
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find often times people (sometimes women more) often don't understand the level of addiction inappropriate contentography has. They will think of drugs and what not. But drugs are not the same really. Drugs are not around you everywhere you do. inappropriate content or just sexual looking things are everywhere thanks to technology. Games, movies, tv, books, ads....etc. Phones, PCs, tablets, big screens...etc. Even the way people dress can make you think naughty sometimes.

So trying to stop the addiction is VERY hard. For every person that claims they stopped overnight, there are 99 other men who are still struggling or it took them months or even years to stop. And even then it doesn't mean you are free for life. You can go 40 years without looking at inappropriate content and suddenly theres a crack exposed in you and the devil runs in to make you screw up.

Beyond that the scientific reasons for why its hard to stop has to do with many aspect of how our brains works and chemicals and what not.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
And - How do people genuinely break this addiction and turn away from inappropriate content?
Immoral sexual lust can be very powerful.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When we are riding our bicycles down the boardwalk the 3 second rule keeps me from staring at bikinis more than 3 seconds. A lot can happen between that third and fourth second.
M-Bob
Got it. Makes sense now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I think living in a culture that constantly promotes sex as the be-all-end-all pleasure life has to offer and makes it sound as necessary as breathing really makes it difficult to stay pure today as opposed to back then where you had to either steal your dad's playboy magazines or read an issue of national geographic.
Yes, it's sad that even a lot of our religious leaders make "it sound as necessary as breathing."

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Women are watching inappropriate content in greater and greater numbers every year. It's quickly becoming something everybody does.
I honestly don't keep up with the real statistics of this sort of thing, so I have no idea. Are there any reliable statistics that show this? Although I can imagine it may be true, I just like data and proof. Otherwise, it's opinion, IMHO

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
M-Bob
That "Bounce" technique is one of the methods that doesn't work. (Or else you wouldn't still be having to use it.) It is a Band-Aid. This is addressed in the book I recommended above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the replies - Is there any good advice that you have seen work - To help people genuinely break this addiction and turn away from inappropriate content?
"Yes!" I gave you the link in a previous post above. Unfortunately, you are not going to find any cute little "tricks" that are long-lasting. It takes a change of heart and mind.... just as the Bible speaks about.

• Useful
Upvote 0