Pope returns to Rome, says choice of word 'proof' on Chileon bishop was not the best

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If he covered up, he covered up. If he didn't he didn't. If the investigation turned up nothing, that seems to be saying that there is no proof.
Do the victims want to drive scapegoats into the wilderness until they feel appeased? Handing them his head on a silver platter might be psychologically satisfying, but without evidence, it comes off like 'better the one should die for the many".

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"In the presser, Francis said that before the start of his trip, he had received a list of recommendations for new members, which he is now studying. The Pope did not say whether Cardinal O’Malley would be reappointed." - OP article

Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think most people who took offense to what he said did so because they don't like Francis and simply wish to criticize him; but the problem is, he's consistently making bonehead comments and other comments have to be deciphered and picked about so carefully because he is often so astoundingly unclear, or worse yet, pandering to both sides, it would seem. It's tiring. The Church deserves better than a Pope who can't communicate to the people properly, and the Church deserves better than scandal and corruption. This nonsense has led many people, such as myself, to take a deep look and say, "I don't see the Spirit of Christ here. To where shall I go? The only valid option is EO; perhaps I was wrong about their theology and perhaps I should trust that they are correct because they DO have the Spirit of Christ. They don't have constant scandal and corruption. They don't play politics like the Vatican. They don't make the Liturgy out to be a joke. Perhaps I should humble myself and submit that maybe I was wrong."

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

I am a man...who loves our Lady!
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OBOB has become the EO evangelizing forum. So many EO worried about what the Pope says....you converted to EO so why worry about what the Pope is saying or doing? I can pull up and post plenty of stories about issues and corruptions in the EO.

Yes, Francis said something and gaffed. Yes, he does have a tendency for that. No, he wasn't speaking from the throne of St. Peter so he wasn't speaking infallibly. The Church moves on.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
OBOB has become the EO evangelizing forum. So many EO worried about what the Pope says....you converted to EO so why worry about what the Pope is saying or doing? I can pull up and post plenty of stories about issues and corruptions in the EO.

Yes, Francis said something and gaffed. Yes, he does have a tendency for that. No, he wasn't speaking from the throne of St. Peter so he wasn't speaking infallibly. The Church moves on.

Yes, Francis said something and gaffed. Yes, he does have a tendency for that.

This is all most of us were intially saying before the the hysteria set in. There were posters denying the comment was even made.

Reactions: SaNcTaMaRiA
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums