Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well the hammer an sickle can be seen as a symbol of the "working man", and Jesus is the physician of those who labor and toil to keep this world running.

However, the hammer and sickle is also a symbol of Communism. It was the philosophy of communism that saw millions of Christians murdered, and many Catholics can be counted among the martyrs.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
" I saw it and it was a surprise to me......To me it was not offensive......I am taking the the sculpture of Christ with me . " ( Pope Francis ) .

If there is anything that is offensive , perhaps it is the term "Commie Crucifix" .

Almost all Americans stopped using the term "commie" after the Cold War. Some even stopped after then end of McCathyim in the 1950's. Of course, there are still those who think of the world divided between peace and freedom loving Westerners and demonic communists. It is a comfortable dualism for many, many people. Of course, many have moved on to dividing the world into Westerners and Islamists.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well the hammer an sickle can be seen as a symbol of the "working man", and Jesus is the physician of those who labor and toil to keep this world running.

However, the hammer and sickle is also a symbol of Communism. It was the philosophy of communism that saw millions of Christians murdered, and many Catholics can be counted among the martyrs.

true, the hammer and sickle can be seen as representing the working man
and the swastika can be seen as a solar symbol
but if we had a piece of "Christian art" with Jesus holding a swastika banner you bet a lot of people would be offended
"oh this just represents Christ as the Sun of Justice from Malachi 4:2"
yeah, that would not fly

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
true, the hammer and sickle can be seen as representing the working man
and the swastika can be seen as a solar symbol
but if we had a piece of "Christian art" with Jesus holding a swastika banner you bet a lot of people would be offended
"oh this just represents Christ as the Sun of Justice from Malachi 4:2"
yeah, that would not fly

Yes, Christians in the US have a strong bias with regard to economic systems. Most of world Christians (including the pope) have different biases.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Christians in the US have a strong bias with regard to economic systems. Most of world Christians (including the pope) have different biases.

well when the symbol represents an unjust economic system, then I can understand why there is a bias
when it represents an unjust system that has killed millions of Christians, I understand the bias

Upvote 0

Mitchelsheart

Jul 12, 2015
✟7,618.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think that most races, peoples and countries have let down others around them and even caused harm to themselves.

From - The United States to Rome. From Germany to Africa. From the Soviet Union to Japan. There is a History in every Continent, Every Race and Every Family has a member that is different and more Evil or Corrupt than the other family members.

There is the moral sense of Right and Wrong and i think that the Vatican and All Countries should realize and many do -

Seeking to achieve this Common Respect. Symbolism, Flags and Art itself is an inner need that is deep in the Heart of man. The Human wants to identify with and Bring His Dreams and Goals to reality or make them visible and shared to others.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone tried it?

it seems in economics
we very rarely see pure systems

other then very small communities that die out in less then a generation, we never see "pure communism"
and I know of almost no one who wants pure laissez faire capitalism

so I do not think we have seen pure distributism
but we have seen times when more or less of the principles of Distributism have been encouraged and that it has had a positive effect among the population

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WordList

Jul 17, 2015
✟837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
it seems in economics
we very rarely see pure systems

other then very small communities that die out in less then a generation, we never see "pure communism"
and I know of almost no one who wants pure laissez faire capitalism

so I do not think we have seen pure distributism
but we have seen times when more or less of the principles of Distributism have been encouraged and that it has had a positive effect among the population
What examples did you have in mind?

Upvote 0

Mitchelsheart

Jul 12, 2015
✟7,618.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Communism Has always Worked to the point where too many people are unsure how much money and property others around them have. Do Others have more than me ? - ? - Why are others happier and richer then me, ? no one Knows.. For Sure.

Then Others begin to Hoard and Cut back on turning in their Income and seeking other methods to make profit. Mass Confusion and fear and behavior that has deathly consequences, that the Law of the Land does whatever necessary to stamp out any illegal behavior or disorder. People forget why they get up and Go to work in the morning because self worth and dignity has been diminished and made into a multi militia mob system of different factions and bribery groups seeking Lobby powers, Control and elevation to higher statux. Erupting into a heated exchange of secret war strikes, raiding, looting, destruction and false accusations and empty threats and promises becoming the best methods of control. Society becomes a disease and a disorder and a generation of barbarianism strikes against its neighbors. The Love Children / Child of Failure. un Inhibited, Un Bridled Youths - take to the Streets, Controlling their parents, Tightly Controlling their Education systems and Communication Systems and Medias and Transportation systems For Systems / Programs For Programs / Licensing For Licensing / Religions For Religions / Taxes For Taxes and People For People. All for All and Control FOR Control.

Eventually, It is ALL About - Only the most Swift Violent and Quickest Secret Strike that Takes its Share in the middle of the night.

And Power is restored for a day and a night. Where Who and When is a Gorilla Warfare of mob Mortality, Betraying Immortality. the Nation falls apart into The Divided States of False Union. Unable to bear or comprehend a Flag of unity. warfare is the only way out. Should they Unite and attack another nation or continue to fight themselves.

If only the Communists had followed the Lord and Holy Father the Pope. The Pius Father of wisdom. Then we know that Hitler would have cried tears of Joy and fallen sobbing, shaking - to His Knees, thanking, honoring The Lord of Heaven for the Embrace of the Arms and The Loving Hand, of Mother Russia.

Success Would have been Glorious and the Power of theThe Third Reich risen Higher than the Wings of Heavens Angels. The 1000 years of the Reign of The Third Reich would have crossed over into the Chronicles of Immortality. The Union of Heaven and the Rise of the People of Germany, Italy and The Soviet Union.

If only the Communists of Russia, had followed the Lord and Holy Father the Pope.

Imagine if every Jew was Dead. Then the pope would Finally speak in favor for the return of the Jews to their Homeland. Home is waiting for the Jews. Catholic Heaven with Jews instead of Mussolini, hanging, Swinging from the Gates - in rhythm of heavens melody, and Mussolini and Adolf arrayed in Vesture's and Splendid Raiment's as The sweetest Saviors of the Holy Church and the victorious Peoples of Italy and Germany and Russia.

The Restoration, Revival of the Holy Church. Thank God that the people who killed and Crucified our Hero ( OUR Guy ) Our savior. have been scourged from the earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WordList

Jul 17, 2015
✟837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Communism Has always Worked to the point where too many people are unsure how much money and property others around them have. Do Others have more than me ? - ? - Why are others happier and richer then me, ? no one Knows.. For Sure.

Then Others begin to Hoard and Cut back on turning in their Income and seeking other methods to make profit. Mass Confusion and fear and behavior that has deathly consequences, that the Law of the Land does whatever necessary to stamp out any illegal behavior or disorder. People forget why they get up and Go to work in the morning because self worth and dignity has been diminished and made into a multi militia mob system of different factions and bribery groups seeking Lobby powers, Control and elevation to higher statux. Erupting into a heated exchange of secret war strikes, raiding, looting, destruction and false accusations and empty threats and promises becoming the best methods of control. Society becomes a disease and a disorder and a generation of barbarianism strikes against its neighbors. The Love Children / Child of Failure. un Inhibited, Un Bridled Youths - take to the Streets, Controlling their parents, Tightly Controlling their Education systems and Communication Systems and Medias and Transportation systems For Systems / Programs For Programs / Licensing For Licensing / Religions For Religions / Taxes For Taxes and People For People. All Control And No Control.

Eventually, It is ALL About - Only the most Swift Violent and Quickest Secret Strike that Takes its Share in the middle of the night.

And Power is restored for a day and a night. Where Who and When is a Gorilla Warfare of mob mortality. the Nation falls apart into The Divided States of False Union. Unable to bear or comprehend a Flag of unity.
One could replace "communism" with "capitalism", and with practically no other change it would work equally well.

Reactions: Colin
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The Pope's response seems wise- it's just protest art, which may or may not be offensive. Considering that Marxism had a significant impact on liberation theology, it has to be understood in that context.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Pope's response seems wise- it's just protest art, which may or may not be offensive. Considering that Marxism had a significant impact on liberation theology, it has to be understood in that context.

very good point

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mea kulpa

Benedictine Traditional Catholic
Feb 9, 2016
united kingdom
✟39,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Maybe because i an from the uk but the link does not take me to anything regarding the pope, communism or crucifixes... but is this off was it 2015 or last year.. he was given a crucifix in the shape of a hammer and sickle... (absolutly outrageous and highly offensive) made by a fellow jesuit priest who had believed in liberation theology and was basically a communist infiltraitor before his death.... or have other weirdos being giving him commie stuff

Upvote 0

BroIgnatius

Deliverance Counselor, Apologist, Spiritual Dir
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
Just outside the State of Grace
Visit site
✟136,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,129.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
For goodness sake - the last post on this thread was July 2015 till it was resurrected yesterday [ 2017 to remind you all of the current year ] by a new poster with a total of 4 posts to his credit [ all of them on this thread ] - and he's not been back since.

As Stabat Mater said <<This isn't news, this is history...
Please let some stories go to rest.>>

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.