Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, it probably isn't what Jesus would have done. But Jesus is God Incarnate; the Pope is just a human being, afflicted with the same foibles and sinful tendencies as the rest of us. At least the Pope apologized. Can you imagine another significant news figure---say, somebody like Nancy Pelosi or Joe Biden---doing the same? I wouldn't hold my breath.

Upvote 0

PittBullMom

Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2017
USA
✟86,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In the video it looked like she really yanked on him and he was hurt. Then who knows how hard she was squeezing his hand with the force she used. He’s human. He’s old. It probably hurt.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,066.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
As I've said before about things , none of us were there, and all we have to see are video clips - which of course may or may not be, edited to show what the person, who took them, wanted.

The BBC Clip I posted , to me show that she really yanked hard and got him off balance. I personally cannot blame anyone who retaliates under those circumstances

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The incident reminds me of the Bible passage that relates the story of the woman with the issue of blood, who reached out to Jesus in desperation.
Mark 5:25, and Luke 8:43.

If this woman made the sign of the Cross, and then reached out to him with both hands, and grabbed him, she was desperate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the video it looked like she really yanked on him and he was hurt. Then who knows how hard she was squeezing his hand with the force she used. He’s human. He’s old. It probably hurt.
PittBullMom, I'm actually really glad to see you! I was thinking about you for the past couple days. Happy 2020!

• Friendly
Reactions: PittBullMom
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Even I with my distaste for pope Francis understands his reaction. She pulled him in the arm and seemed to hold him against his will for a little while. He's old and probably tired and lost his temper for a second.

It's not as if he slapped her in the face or something. He just slapped her hand once. The way this has been blown out of proportion is ridiculous. When reading the papers it seemed as if he really hit her.

To me its very understandable that he reacted as he did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even I with my distaste for pope Francis understands his reaction. She pulled him in the arm and seemed to hold him against his will for a little while. He's old and probably tired and lost his temper for a second.

It's not as if he slapped her in the face or something. He just slapped her hand once. The way this has been blown out of proportion is ridiculous. When reading the papers it seemed as if he really hit her.

To me its very understandable that he reacted as he did.
Yes but the next day was a bit of overkill imo as far as his homily. He turned it into more of a thing with his homily. The apology was needed but he tends to turn everything into a sort of pc crusade.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Yes but the next day was a bit of overkill imo as far as his homily. He turned it into more of a thing with his homily. The apology was needed but he tends to turn everything into a sort of pc crusade.

The flipping of political coins, I guess. I'm not reading any of pope Francis homilies or interviews anymore. I stopped two years ago.
It's a one track record anyway.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The flipping of political coins, I guess. I'm not reading any of pope Francis homilies or interviews anymore. I stopped two years ago.
It's a one track record anyway.
Well you are not missing anything imo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PittBullMom

Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2017
USA
✟86,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0